Rob Spence hired along with four others | Syracusefan.com

Rob Spence hired along with four others

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Rob Spence, who served as offensive coordinator at Clemson, Toledo, Louisiana Tech, Syracuse and most recently Bethune-Cookman, will coach quarterbacks.

“With the situation we’re in with two guys in our program who have won really big games for us, two guys who have performed at a Division-I level, I needed to bring someone here who could get those quarterbacks to the next level,” Flood said. “I feel like Coach Spence is that guy.”

Spence recruited Flood to play at Iona and Brock coached alongside him for five years at Hofstra, but he is also plenty familiar with offensive line coach Damian Wroblewski

Spence is a New York native with 23 years of coaching experience, mostly in the area

http://www.dailytargum.com/sports/f...cle_a654b64e-56c6-11e1-8d65-0019bb30f31a.html

Rob will do a good job with their qb's, a very nice man and I wish him well.

Spence may or may not get their QB's to the next level, but whether he can or not is not why he was hired. He was hired because;

"Spence recruited Flood to play at Iona and Brock coached alongside him for five years at Hofstra."

It's the old boys club mentality.

This is a bold statement, but I would be willing to bet that whomever wins the QB battle at Rutgers will be the best in the nation at dropping back, looking off to the right, then coming back to the left and throwing a 2 yard pass to a WR cutting over the middle.

I will dare anyone to show me a QB who does it better in 2012.

This is a bold statement, but I would be willing to bet that whomever wins the QB battle at Rutgers will be the best in the nation at dropping back, looking off to the right, then coming back to the left and throwing a 2 yard pass to a WR cutting over the middle.

He will look brilliant doing it to...lol. Let's see how many times he can call the same play in a row...haha

Did Greg Paulus use up all of his eligibility?

The carefully crafted staff that newRutgers coach Kyle Flood was able to finalize last week has already begun to unravel.

Special teams coordinator Phil Galiano is leaving for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, re-uniting with former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, and newly hired running backs coach Ben Sirmans has accepted the same position with the St. Louis Rams, according to footballscoop.com.

A school official confirmed the report.

Did Greg Paulus use up all of his eligibility?

Why? Does he have a semester left? He could turn our program around into a national contender if he did... Maybe even win the Heisman.

The carefully crafted staff that newRutgers coach Kyle Flood was able to finalize last week has already begun to unravel.

Special teams coordinator Phil Galiano is leaving for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, re-uniting with former Rutgers coach Greg Schiano, and newly hired running backs coach Ben Sirmans has accepted the same position with the St. Louis Rams, according to footballscoop.com.

A school official confirmed the report.

LOL

Rutgers finalizes staff

Rutgers coach Kyle Flood completed his staff for the second time, hiring Norries Wilson as running backs coach and Joe Rossi as special teams coordinator, the school announced Tuesday.

Flood was forced to make new hires after running backs coach Ben Sirmans and special teams coach Phil Galiano left for NFL jobs, a little more than two weeks they were announced as Rutgers assistants.

Wilson comes to Rutgers after spending the previous six seasons as head coach at Columbia, while Rossi has served as defensive coordinator at Maine for the past three years.

Before leading Columbia, Wilson served as offensive coordinator at UConn for four seasons and was one of five finalists for the Frank Broyles Award as the nation's top assistant coach in 2004.

Rossi reunites with Rutgers defensive coordinator Robb Smith after the two worked together for two seasons at Maine (2007-08). Rossi, who has coached at Maine since 2007, was promoted to defensive coordinator following Smith’s departure to Rutgers after the 2008 season. In addition to his special teams duties, he also will assist the defensive staff at Rutgers.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/31172/rutgers-finalizes-staff

Perhaps true, but I had no problem with Spence's offense during that first year.

I thought, at least in the beginning of the year, that we moved the ball well.