Roberson/Richardson | Syracusefan.com

Roberson/Richardson

brian williams

Scout Team
Watching the Roselle Catholic vs GSB feed right now. Roberson and Malichi Richardson make a lethal combination. How much interest is there from the Cuse or from Richardson?

Watching the Roselle Catholic vs GSB feed right now. Roberson and Malichi Richardson make a lethal combination. How much interest is there from the Cuse or from Richardson?
Do you have a link? Would love to check it out.

As I mentioned in the Roberson thread. Richardson loves SU, but it's on them to the make an offer and show some love back.

As I mentioned in the Roberson thread. Richardson loves SU, but it's on them to the make an offer and show some love back.
Francis, you would not believe how Tyler just fouled out. Worst offensive foul called EVER. Not a charge/flop, he was being mugged and their excuse must have been a push off, but never saw it.
Do the refs follow our recruits to Syracuse? LOL

Brian, did you see that Roberson play as well, the "phantom" offensive foul? I have heard of phantom defensive fouls before, but never offensive like that. No one went down, his guy was draped over him. Made a huge difference as RC lost this. Was a really freaky call, FIFA soccer freaky call.

Brian, did you see that Roberson play as well, the "phantom" offensive foul? I have heard of phantom defensive fouls before, but never offensive like that. No one went down, his guy was draped over him. Made a huge difference as RC lost this. Was a really freaky call, FIFA soccer freaky call.

Lousy call. Team feel apart at the end.

Yep, and man, they almost came back! Tied it on a fg, steal, fg. Then got called for another ticky tack, but that was definitely more legit than the Tyler call.
Please refs, don't ruin something that's pure, like this once was.
Edit: btw, as regards to the following video (not embedded, but you can still go to the link), not for the squeamish. Along with watching this one and one other recent event, I cannot watch soccer anymore.

He should. If you saw the call, you wouldn't believe it. Horrible stuff.
That was Tyler's fifth foul, and shameful way to go out due to refs.

He should. If you saw the call, you wouldn't believe it. Horrible stuff.
That was Tyler's fifth foul, and shameful way to go out due to refs.
Lol, I was just wondering if he's the Brian Williams on the nightly news.

Francis, you would not believe how Tyler just fouled out. Worst offensive foul called EVER. Not a charge/flop, he was being mugged and their excuse must have been a push off, but never saw it.
Do the refs follow our recruits to Syracuse? LOL
Is Tim Higgins doing HS games now lol? 21 n 17 sounds like another day in the office for The Beast. How did Tyus Battle look?

Is Tim Higgins doing HS games now lol? 21 n 17 sounds like another day in the office for The Beast. How did Tyus Battle look?
Oh man, forgot he was on GSB, totally missed that but only caught part of the last 4th quarter. Was a weird finish, at least a few lead changes at the end. Next time around, will look for him. We might get some replays from Fios1, so will check it if they show RC game in addition to St. Ben's.

Hey Francis, a little update on Tyus: 8 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal.
I am guessing he wasn't the feature of the offense as one time Cuse recruit (I believe we never offered) Jaren Sina had 22 points, 10 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals. Sina is a senior and a decent prospect from what I have read. He's a senior, coach's son, Northwestern bound and looks like the offense runs through him. That said, Tyus will get his chance to score in the coming years, but I will try to check the replay for #25.

Small review of the game, as pertains to Tyus, Malachi, Tyler and other hopefuls:
1st quarter:
Tyler, just a rebounding machine, early defensive board and follows up later by a nice offensive rebound tip in
Tyus plays the 3, but even though he has some height and length, does cover smaller RC guards at the top of the key in a zone look Otherwise, not much involvement in the offense to this point
Malachi sweet stroke, swishes a three
Tyus brings up the ball one on play, got away with around the back dribble, but somewhat suspect, ball handling skills need improvement IMO
Well shut my mouth as he dribble penetrates, lays it up on the right side with a beautiful move!
Beast rims out a jump shot a little outside the free throw line
Beast penetrates, kicks out to Highsmith for a wide open 3, and it's good. Nice unselfishness from the big man
Beast defensive rebound, runs down the court, tripped to his knees and fouled, not in bonus, no shots
Tyus dribbles with left hand penetrates a little only to kick out to Sina for a three...good!
I have to say, although he might not have been our guy, I like Sina's play, a gamer for sure
RC lead cut to 2 as 1st quarter winding down
Wild brick thrown up by GSB, Beast eats up another rebound, this time, a long one
All over the place, even though RC not doing a great job of getting him the ball on the offensive end
After a forced shot and miss by Malachi, GSB with the ball as Tyus brings it up, nice dribble between the legs, penetrates and fouled before he kicked it out to a wide open shot from deep (Malachi with the foul)
Tyler swats a GSB penetrator's attempt out of bounds. Don't you ever, ever come into my house again!
Sina, sick baseline three, hand in his face as buzzer sounds, gives GSB a 14-13 lead, end of quarter 1.

I will try to do the other quarters, but if San Fran stays in the Super Bowl or I fall asleep, not likely tonight

2nd quarter:
Important mentioning that Tyler has not let any GSB player get a look down low
Out of position, but he tips a ball to another RC player to snag the defensive rebound
Silly reach in by Battle
Sina passes to Jenkins who nails a three
Malachi, nice penetration but misses, but guess who's there? Beast, two handed put back rebound dunk. I am quite Beast like, and now you know
Tyler's man put a nice baby hook on him, but misses, Beast snags 37th rebound for those counting ;)
Roberson misses another foul line jump shot, but good shot selection, just poorly executed
Tyus "Kid Mamba" bringing up the ball again to give Sina some relief, I imagine
Battle, good dish to Sina for 3 but misses. I like Tyus at the point forward right now, he does seem to make things happen, looks for teammates
Sina, full court break, dishes to Kid Mamba for easy deuce layup
Gist penetrates, but blocked by big GSB guy. Asante has been relatively quiet, but more involved bringing up the ball right now, RC has other guys that get looks on the offensive side
Tyus Battle, called for travel, good call by ref
(Malachi miss) Beast offensive board, another two handed throw down and the foul! Converts free throw (are we sure he's coming to SU? lol)
Nice feed into the post from Kid Mamba, the guy Tyler is covering misses 2 footer wildly with Beast in his face
Gist, defensive board, brings it up quickly, dishes to Malachi for three, and he nails it
With that, RC suddenly up 21-19
Great game, both teams with fast-paced play
With that, GSB full timeout, and they're talking it over!
Malachi, no fear, he's a shooter alright
Francis, ala my post earlier, in other news, Man Lands on Moon :D
Hot damn, crazy crossover by Kid Mamba, penetrates, but misses. Beast made his shot tough there. Still, nice dribble!
Tyler in trouble down low, but gets ball out nicely to a shooter, but misses. Nice thought again though, by Roberson
Sina pushes it up the court, coast to coast and excellent finish, looks like he was fouled by Beast or someone else, but does not get the call. Nevertheless, ties the score with that layup. I calls em like I sees em (looks like #3? ended in 3, fouled Sina, but no call)
Tyler, nice pass to a slashing Malachi, but fouled by Battle
Beast, a long three try, but airball, now that's the Cuse players we know! Didn't need to force that one
Sina, another nice finish to give GSB the lead now
RC comes right back, Rob Lewis converts inside
It should be noted that RC missed a three but was fouled, but no call! Definitely fouled there, Burrrrrrrrrrr, haha
Oh, here we go, game close, so foul on Tyler for over the back not true! Wow. Do refs know he's going to Syracuse? Better still, do they know Burr? WWW? lol Really, terrible calls 2 in a row
Please people, judge for yourself, towards the end of the first half. And judge unbiased, you'll see
I saw it three times now, utterly ridiculous
To note, ref drives home in Ferrari after game, I knew I saw WWW!
Austin Colbert, great move over Tyler and company, count the basket and now that was a foul! 1 out of 3 for refs, would be good in baseball :)
Gist, tough layup on left side falls in, keeping RC close
On the other end, Beast with another defensive board after GSB miss
He misses another foul line pull up, not his shot today, but he hits that most days
GSB hits a shot to take 5 point lead
Reach by GSB guard, no call, meh
Tyler, fouled by big dude in the middle
In the bonus, hits first, hits second, good job
Great dish by Sina again to feed big man for layup
After Gist 3 try, Malachi offensive board and putback to keep RC close at the half
GSB 32 RC 29

Watching the rest of what turned out to be a decent Super Bowl, peace ladies and gents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom