Rocket Science... | Syracusefan.com

Rocket Science...

newmexicuse

All Conference
Boeheim on Roberson -

"Nothing right now," Boeheim said. "The reason he didn't play is because he isn't ready. He doesn't know the defense. He doesn't know the offense. He cannot help us right now."

As discussed in other threads, I am shocked that Jimmy would say such a thing. If a kid isn't ready, it seems to me it is on the Coach. How can anybody play well & get ready when they are looking over their shoulder and worrying about getting pulled after the first mistake, if they are even given the opportunity to make that first mistake. It was the Coach who didn't give the kids minutes and build their confidence throughout the season.

Playing basketball and the Zone is not exactly rocket science, though it seems like that is what the staff would want us to believe. How do you think a team headed up by Von Braun, Einstein, & Hawkins would fare ??? I guess it is lucky that we do have our core seven Mensa members on the squad or we couldn't even field a team. Too bad the bench players lack the 150+ IQs.

Imagine how bad things would be if guys like Cooney, G, and X weren't ready. How fortunate we are that they are totally prepared & know the offense.

I don't think JB would consider this his fault, pretty cut and dry. I would agree that it's his whoever the position coach is. Who care's at this point? It's who he is and what he does, JB doesn't handle questioning very well. Obviously, he is a great great coach but probably one of the reasons he only has 1 national championship is his lack of getting a couple more guys ready every year. Especially considering what has happened the past 5 years. Oh well.. JB is a classic bully at times. Love the guy but he isn't without fault nor are any of us.

If he is trying to motivate, well so be it but probably better ways but to each his own.

Get to the tourney, it will either get worse or better!!!!

why isn't he ready ? before his start last night he'd logged a grand total of 50 acc minutes. ennis played 43 against bc!

Why isn't he ready 30 games into the season ?

Probably because he didn't think we would need him but after DC went down, you would think that one more guy needed to be ready. Really a shame

Orangello said:
Why isn't he ready 30 games into the season ?

Maybe he isn't grasping it.

The rap on Einstein was that he had a tendency to overthink the game.

that and the whole time fabric thing. he viewed the 35 second clock as an illusion and often showed up late for games. like cooney last night.

tumblr_static_bazinga.jpg

Last edited: