Rodney Williams Transferring to Temple | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rodney Williams Transferring to Temple

I wouldn't go to so far as to say its a bad loss. He knows he wouldn't get much playing time this year. But it does a hurt us a bit in the depth department. Not too many bodies there. After this news I am really hoping Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson can get qualified to play for us. Not sure how likely that is but that could help us here a lot. Starting to look less likely for a redshirt year for either/both Cameron Jonas and Cisco.
You know for certain that he wouldn't get playing time this year?

Did you know that last year as well...cause he was 3rd string and started about 7 games.

Nostradamus...

Being argumentative...I bet about 90% of the board would agree with CbusCuse
That's OK, if he can predict the future and is sure we don't need experienced depth, well then great.

We seemed to need him last year pretty badly in fact.

I was with Orangeyes on Marshall Street after the spring game, shopping at Manny's when Rodney walked in. I whispered to Dan who has was. Dan being Dan, he immediately walked up to him and asked if he was Rodney Williams.

He looked really surprised, looked at both of us like we were wizards, and softly admitted he was. Dan told him he was our favorite incoming recruit (he was still a senior in HS at the time) and gave him a number of flattering compliments. Rodney was really nice and just a great kid. Was not surprised at how hard he played when he got on the field here. There was never any question about his level of effort.

Sorry things didn't work out for you at Syracuse Rodney. I wish you much success wherever you end up.

Yep, he was shocked.

He started as a RS freshman and would have been buried on the depth chart as a Senior. Says something about our talent overhaul.
This immediately jumped out at me when I read the title of this thread. Wish him the best.

That's OK, if he can predict the future and is sure we don't need experienced depth, well then great.

This transfer means that he saw that he was 3rd string last year with 2-3 guys redshirting. Not hard to see playing time being scarce.

Being argumentative...I bet about 90% of the board would agree with CbusCuse
We don't have much at Safety and obviously Cordy has an extensive injury history. methinks he would've gotten on the field. At the minimum, we could have used him for Specials

And the secondary was much worse once we did need him. No offense to the guy, by all accounts seems like a great person, and I wish him all the best. But he just wasn't the athlete the ACC requires.

Sure...but I doubt SU lets him go to WMU. He has to find a nice situation...to me going to a top level FCS team is better than a mid-major. The FCS team might make a run in the playoffs.

Don't disagree with either (Playoff bound FCS or mid major FBS)

Hope he finds similar success as Chauncey Scissum who started all 12 games this year at UNLV and racked up some nice stats (and memories, i'm sure) along the way.

Different situation in that CS was literally stabbed by his own quasi-teammate and got out of town yet (IMO) possesses a similar level of talent to Williams.

Winfield was a cut above (seriously, no pun intended) and West Va is working with him now on his speed in hopes of getting a look for a mini camp invite in the league. That kid, to me, was in a different class at DB than either Scissum or Rodney Williams. Amazing he was brought in as a WR. Wonder how he'd have done in a Baber's system on Offense.

Good luck to the young man. Worked hard...glad he found a landing spot

Agreed -- best of luck to Rodney Williams. Very solid contributor at times, but I think we need a bit more athleticism at safety than what he could consistently provide.

Hope he kills it at Temple.

Under Armor’s so much cooler than nike..
Their stock price and future forecasts don’t look that way. If there’s a brand that we’re going to align ourselves with going forward that isn’t Nike (and I personally hope nothing changes on the that front as I love our Nike gear) it better be Adidas.

Their stock price and future forecasts don’t look that way. If there’s a brand that we’re going to align ourselves with going forward that isn’t Nike (and I personally hope nothing changes on the that front as I love our Nike gear) it better be Adidas.
Russel Athletics or die

Agreed -- best of luck to Rodney Williams. Very solid contributor at times, but I think we need a bit more athleticism at safety than what he could consistently provide.

Hope he kills it at Temple.

Best of luck to RW I agree, he lacked some athleticism and size to play big time safety. Thus, a bit of a surprising landing spot as temple has really loaded up with some impressive athletes on the D side of the ball over the past 5 or so years.

397109C4-F8A5-4C9B-9F01-EE820801DEF9.jpeg

Converse or bust for me

Last edited:
You know for certain that he wouldn't get playing time this year?

Did you know that last year as well...cause he was 3rd string and started about 7 games.

Nostradamus...
He didn't say what you said he said. Bad form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom