Romar out at uw | Syracusefan.com

Romar out at uw

Surprised Porter Sr took a crappy job like Mizzou. He probably could have had any job in the NCAA just because of his son
He's coming home.

And while the team is crappy, the job itself isn't.

Surprised Porter Sr took a crappy job like Mizzou. He probably could have had any job in the NCAA just because of his son
He was the womens assistant there and is from there.

I was told 3 days ago they wanted to fire Romar but didn't want to pay his buyout for various reasons and it would be much less next year (deal expires in 2020). Apparently they were going to multiple big money boosters to see if anyone wanted to write that check and no one did at that time. They must have found someone.

Nice article on Missouri, Cuonzo Martin and Washington.

Poor, poor Lorenzo Romar.
He had Michael Porter coming in and lost his job because he couldn't win more than 9 games with arguably the most talented player in the country.
Wonder how he got Porter to commit????

The NCAA is so full of hypocritical nonsense...especially in recruiting.

Romar -- good recruiter, lousy coach.

The son of Howard Schultz my god I didn't even know he works for bleacher. I don't believe this is true. They lost 20 games with Fultz this year how many would they win with Porter. The writing has been on the wall for him around here for quite some time. The issue was his buyout and not Porter. I mean they have had 1st round pick for the last 3 years.

The son of Howard Schultz my god I didn't even know he works for bleacher. I don't believe this is true. They lost 20 games with Fultz this year how many would they win with Porter. The writing has been on the wall for him around here for quite some time. The issue was his buyout and not Porter. I mean they have had 1st round pick for the last 3 years.
They managed to figure out the buyout situation pretty quick after Martin went to Mizzou and the Porter rumors started flying around.

Nice article on Missouri, Cuonzo Martin and Washington.

Poor, poor Lorenzo Romar.
He had Michael Porter coming in and lost his job because he couldn't win more than 9 games with arguably the most talented player in the country.
Wonder how he got Porter to commit????

The NCAA is so full of hypocritical nonsense...especially in recruiting.

I'm surprised he lasted this long, he has been a disaster there for the past 6 seasons, like I have said many times, I'm shocked any big time recruit would go there.

Imho, it wouldnt be prudent to fire romar with the class he had coming in. I think porter sr jumping ship came first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom