Rooting Guide to Bubble Week (March 5 - March 9) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rooting Guide to Bubble Week (March 5 - March 9)

FYI - I'm trying to keep this updated in real time - red means the desired result did not happen, green means it went our way.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like our RPI improved after last night, meaning the Iona win was worth more than the Oakland loss.

Ranks means nothing

It's quad 1 and 2 wins and non conf sos and other metrics like kenpom bpi and rpi

St Mary's is another close one. They have a goof RPI, KP, Sag, but bad SOS and NCSOS. They only have 4 top 100 wins. Yet, they have 12 road/Neutral wins. They have two sub 100 losses, yet only 5 losses overall. I think they move onto the bubble, regardless of their poll ranking.

On my own Bracketology I had them as a 9 in Sunday's seed list. They have fallen to the 11 line for me, and could easily fall out depending on other games this week.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it looks like our RPI improved after last night, meaning the Iona win was worth more than the Oakland loss.

Correct, RPI now at 39. A good number for us, no power conference team has been left out with an RPI under 40. Of course, we could definitely be the first, but I don't mind having that stat going for us.

Correct, RPI now at 39. A good number for us, no power conference team has been left out with an RPI under 40. Of course, we could definitely be the first, but I don't mind having that stat going for us.

You think if we beat Wake and lost to UNC we'd keep a top 40 RPI?

Today's computer number improving games:

BC over Georgia Tech 12pm

Pitt over ND 12pm

Cuse over Wake 7pm!!!!!!

Texas Southern over Alabama State 9pm

St Mary's is another close one. They have a goof RPI, KP, Sag, but bad SOS and NCSOS. They only have 4 top 100 wins. Yet, they have 12 road/Neutral wins. They have two sub 100 losses, yet only 5 losses overall. I think they move onto the bubble, regardless of their poll ranking.

On my own Bracketology I had them as a 9 in Sunday's seed list. They have fallen to the 11 line for me, and could easily fall out depending on other games this week.

I agree close either just in or out. I had them just in assuming they lost to gonzaga in championship

CUSE fans - No P5 team with an RPI under 40 has EVER been left out.

NCAA - “hold my beer”.

Wichita State was ranked in the top 10 last year and got a 10 seed. Rankings don’t matter. This was a good result as long as Gonzaga wins like they should tonight.

They were actually 19th in the last poll before the tournament, but yeah I consider that more of an outlier than the norm. You typically aren't going to see that drastic difference between polls and seeding.

What kind of RPI bump (if any) would SU get simply by playing UNC?

Today's computer number improving games:

BC over Georgia Tech 12pm

Pitt over ND 12pm

Cuse over Wake 7pm!

Texas Southern over Alabama State 9pm

BC takes care of GT for our first RPI booster of the day. Now for Pitt to beat ND ;)

BC takes care of GT for our first RPI booster of the day. Now for Pitt to beat ND ;)
Just curious, why does this boost Syracuse's RPI?

Split with BC and lost to GT.

Just simply because of the fact we played them twice vs GT once. We also want BC to stay in the top 100. Before that game they were 99.
Thanks. The RPI gains seem pretty marginal, but BC staying in the top 100 seems somewhat useful.

My god pitt with all of these threes, set up some plays in the paint.
Can we please go back to the horizontal view of the court ? I don't mind the behind the basket view mixed in, but not this much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom