Roster updates | Syracusefan.com

Roster updates

RF2044

Living Legend
The coaching staff has done a nice job using the portal / JUCOs in this post-spring break period to bolster depth. Case in point: the two experienced JUCO defensive backs we recently added, and Hawkins the RB.

Part of why our teams have struggled in recent years is an inability to stave off key injuries, which causes positional units to collapse in November, as injuries pile up.

Coming out of spring ball, posters discussed several positional units that required depth. In no particular order, they were:

QB -- check, Braedon Davis, transfer from south carolina
RB -- check, Dustin Hawkins, JUCO transfer
OL1 -- check, David Wolabaugh Jr., transfer from kentucky
OL2 -- Not filled
DL -- Not filled
WR -- Not filled
TE - Not filled

So, based upon roster projections, it appears that we have 83 scholarships accounted for this fall, which leaves us with two remaining.

It will be interesting to see whether the coaches continue to recruit via the portal / JUCO to fill two of the holes listed above. I'd expect that they won't be done turning over rocks until fall camp begins.

The coaching staff has done a nice job using the portal / JUCOs in this post-spring break period to bolster depth. Case in point: the two experienced JUCO defensive backs we recently added, and Hawkins the RB.

Part of why our teams have struggled in recent years is an inability to stave off key injuries, which causes positional units to collapse in November, as injuries pile up.

Coming out of spring ball, posters discussed several positional units that required depth. In no particular order, they were:

QB -- check, Braedon Davis, transfer from south carolina
RB -- check, Dustin Hawkins, JUCO transfer
OL1 -- check, David Wolabaugh Jr., transfer from kentucky
OL2 -- Not filled
DL -- Not filled
WR -- Not filled
TE - Not filled

So, based upon roster projections, it appears that we have 83 scholarships accounted for this fall, which leaves us with two remaining.

It will be interesting to see whether the coaches continue to recruit via the portal / JUCO to fill two of the holes listed above. I'd expect that they won't be done turning over rocks until fall camp begins.
If I had to guess, I would love to get a transfer OL (4 years eligible) and then a TE. I personally feel DL is in really good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom