Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

Big if true and he’s a contributor from day 1.

I’d guess he plays either 1 or 3 with Alan or JG3 at the 2 if Buddy is sitting and Kadary is in.

Buddy, JG3, Griff, Kadary 4 guys to play 120 minutes at 3 positions. It could break down a lot of ways but if Kadary is cutting into the other 3 guys minutes it can only be a good thing for the team IMO.

Last edited:
andre jackson is a freak athlete, has good handle and can pass. Just cant shoot.

Not saying the kid won't be good. Not saying he won't be a stud or an NBA player. Who really knows. Just saying I wouldn't read into Rothstein's tweet that much.

In terms of need, UConn needed shooting and got Jackson, an athletic wing who can't shoot. We needed more ball handling and playmaking and we got Richmond who could do both. We then got a big-time transfer who can help replace Hughes and and bigtime athlete at Center. Program wise I think we did a better job getting need and therefore will benefit more from Kadary than Jackson. Jackson's talent is not at question or doubted for me - it's about fit.

I'll believe it when I see it. Hate to be negative but I've heard this song and dance literally every year for the past 6 years.

When you look at a guy like Kaleb Joseph and Jalen Carey, you see their highlights and then what happened and there is correlation. Speed and quickness really propelled them as prospects. They tried to rely on that when they got here and the lack of offensive awareness jumped off the page.

Goodine showed more signs of being a guy who could improve more so than Carey but there were signs that the reliance on athleticism and not being able to do that at the college level would take him longer to produce.

Kadary is a guy who does it more with strength, ability to absorb contact and a very good handle. You can never assume anymore even with early positive signs but the strength, ability to not be forced out of playing his game and pace and skills we know he brings has me far more optimistic and less concerned that he will end up with the identical struggles as noted above.

In terms of need, UConn needed shooting and got Jackson, an athletic wing who can't shoot. We needed more ball handling and playmaking and we got Richmond who could do both. We then got a big-time transfer who can help replace Hughes and and bigtime athlete at Center. Program wise I think we did a better job getting need and therefore will benefit more from Kadary than Jackson. Jackson's talent is not at question or doubted for me - it's about fit.
well put

Not sure why anyone should be surprised about that take on Andre. We were aggressively going after him for a reason.
he was my #1 choice for that class. sucks that he went a different direction, sucks even more that direction was storrs.
kadary was a really nice rebound and hopefully will end up being more impactful for syracuse . . . but knowing what i know now & knew then - if i was given a do-over, i'd still take andre first

this post is to supply lurking boneryarders with something to share on the boneryard

SYRACUSE GOT THE BETTER PLAYER IN KADARY I DIDN'T REALLY EVEN WANT ANDRE HE'LL PROBABLY END UP BEING INJURY PRONE OR A HEADCASE ANYWAY HURLEY CANT RECRUIT

you're welcome

he was my #1 choice for that class. sucks that he went a different direction, sucks even more that direction was storrs.
kadary was a really nice rebound and hopefully will end up being more impactful for syracuse . . . but knowing what i know now & knew then - if i was given a do-over, i'd still take andre first

So curious thought. Had we gotten Jackson, I wonder then what happens at Guard? Was Kadary still a likely get or maybe not? Do we then come into this year with only two guards and then Griffin had to be a third guard vs a SF or maybe no Griffin either?

that being said, the player who wants to be in the program is always superior to the one who doesn't.

and the class of woody, kadary & frank is a strong one.

I think both teams did well with who we landed. I do think we got a player that more fits our needs. I don’t know their roster well enough to comment on Andre’s fit with them. What I know is, he is one hell of an athlete. I hope he does well for himself, but they lose every game.

I think both teams did well with who we landed. I do think we got a player that more fits our needs. I don’t know their roster well enough to comment on Andre’s fit with them. What I know is, he is one hell of an athlete. I hope he does well for himself, but they lose every game.

Funny when you read the UConn bios. I guess when your program is way down you need to pump up everyone's bio with hype as opposed to just accomplishments and numbers like we do.

That said if it works maybe we should do that for football lol.

this post is to supply lurking boneryarders with something to share on the boneryard

SYRACUSE GOT THE BETTER PLAYER IN KADARY I DIDN'T REALLY EVEN WANT ANDRE HE'LL PROBABLY END UP BEING INJURY PRONE OR A HEADCASE ANYWAY HURLEY CANT RECRUIT

you're welcome

He very well might be a stud, but the extent of Hurley’s coaching his own team is pumping his fists and screaming when a guy tries really hard to get a loose ball. Beyond that, he spends the rest of the game screaming at the refs, and trying to pick fights with the opposing coaches, players, and fans. So if he’s going to develop, he’s gotta do it all on his own.

So curious thought. Had we gotten Jackson, I wonder then what happens at Guard? Was Kadary still a likely get or maybe not? Do we then come into this year with only two guards and then Griffin had to be a third guard vs a SF or maybe no Griffin either?
i'm sure there were other options at guard. there are often howard washington types available to fill out rosters

i'm sure there were other options at guard. there are often howard washington types available to fill out rosters

Speaking of which, I don’t recall hearing anything about where Howard ended up. Anyone know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom