Rothstein on Kadary! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein on Kadary!

The rumor was Hurley promised his younger brother a scholarship if Andre went to UConn
So, offering high school coaches jobs and siblings scholarships. Desperate moves, but the price you pay to be a team on the rise.

Keep your head in the sand and then give the staff another pass for not anticipating the obvious. QG all over again.
Valid with QG to an extent I think, I liked but also didn't like when I saw SU was starting to seemingly ramp things up with other guards though. Lose dior maybe but time to recover.

Keep your head in the sand and then give the staff another pass for not anticipating the obvious. QG all over again.

Did QG even ever give a verbal?

It’s potentially a similar problem, but it is not the same thing.

a, it's nothing at all like quade and b, the staff has been fully aware of the challenges of getting dior on campus.

well, most of them anyway

a, it's nothing at all like quade and b, the staff has been fully aware of the challenges of getting dior on campus.

well, most of them anyway
All that matters is... are they recruiting other guards anticipating that he won’t qualify? At this point it’s naive to think he ends up here.

I think the team could be good if there is a season. I think there will be some semblance of one but who knows the bumps there will be in the road that could impact how well the team performs.

The Athletic is a good investment if you can pull it. Absolutely great article and some good stuff on Kadary, Griffin, Braswell and our bigs.
The Athletic is definitely worth the cost. Gutierrez does Far and away the best job of anyone covering Cuse basketball. Really interesting article today, obviously JB’s comments about Richmond were eye openers (one of the best guards in the country?!? Another JB hyperbole??), but also some real positive stuff about Braswell even though he has his work cut out for him. If anything, at least they have lots of options in a year where they may need lots of options.

The Athletic is definitely worth the cost. Gutierrez does Far and away the best job of anyone covering Cuse basketball. Really interesting article today, obviously JB’s comments about Richmond were eye openers (one of the best guards in the country?!? Another JB hyperbole??), but also some real positive stuff about Braswell even though he has his work cut out for him. If anything, at least they have lots of options in a year where they may need lots of options.
Dunno bout that. Looking back, JB doesn't hyperbole much. Maybe in a down year he tries to talk up one of his top players whom he thinks isn't getting enough respect nationally, but it's not like it's a knee-jerk habit of his. If anything, he's usually trying to tamp down expectations when people a getting a little too excited & he sees a lot that can go wrong.

With respect to Kadary, what conceivable gain could Boeheim see in blowing up the guy's reputation his freshman year? Especially when Joe's coming back as a returning starter? If anything, JB's gonna try to let the guy know that he's not all that, if he's threatening to get big-headed about himself.

Based on all that, I think Jim's just being honest about what he sees. He's really impressed with what he's seeing in practice and that should tell you that Kadary is going to play a lot. I think he'll see at least 25 minutes/game coming at the expense of mostly JG and BB. (Which means JB's gonna pressure those two to invest all their energy in playing defense.) Just my opinion...

Dunno bout that. Looking back, JB doesn't hyperbole much. Maybe in a down year he tries to talk up one of his top players whom he thinks isn't getting enough respect nationally, but it's not like it's a knee-jerk habit of his. If anything, he's usually trying to tamp down expectations when people a getting a little too excited & he sees a lot that can go wrong.

With respect to Kadary, what conceivable gain could Boeheim see in blowing up the guy's reputation his freshman year? Especially when Joe's coming back as a returning starter? If anything, JB's gonna try to let the guy know that he's not all that, if he's threatening to get big-headed about himself.

Based on all that, I think Jim's just being honest about what he sees. He's really impressed with what he's seeing in practice and that should tell you that Kadary is going to play a lot. I think he'll see at least 25 minutes/game coming at the expense of mostly JG and BB. (Which means JB's gonna pressure those two to invest all their energy in playing defense.) Just my opinion...
Look, if Kadary impacts Buddy's minutes, it means he's a lottery pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom