Rothstein's ACC Offseason Breakdown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rothstein's ACC Offseason Breakdown

If Frank can play then good no Jimmy or Swider at the 5.

Frank is third string right now, behind Sidibe and Edwards.

Many people seem to be forgetting about Edwards in this thread. He's like the invisible man, and I think he will wind up being the starter.

Frank is third string right now, behind Sidibe and Edwards.

Many people seem to be forgetting about Edwards in this thread. He's like the invisible man, and I think he will wind up being the starter.
I think everyone wants Edwards to play 30+ but do I believe JB will do that?
I don’t.
I just want a good basketball team in the regular season. I really don’t care about more than that.
I am sick of grinding January thru March.

I think everyone wants Edwards to play 30+ but do I believe JB will do that?
I don’t.
I just want a good basketball team in the regular season. I really don’t care about more than that.
I am sick of grinding January thru March.

Most centers don't play 30 minutes a game, FYI. Not for us, anyway.

I think JB will start Edward’s and use Sidibe as needed.

That's my guess as well. Bourama is a grad student getting some free tuition. Great kid. When healthy, he definitely has the chops but not sure how healthy he will ever be again. Jesse was playing pretty well by the end of a year that he was expected to redshirt. I think he will get the nod but that's merely a guess.

This makes sense, cuz w/all your team's players basically on 'one-year contracts', you're not going to want to start a player like Sidibe--who's not coming back next year--no matter how invaluable he may prove to be to this year's team.

(Lone exception: if he's that much better than Jesse & he seems fit enough to go the distance)

It's a new part of the rotation calculus under The Portal.

If Sidibe's clearly a better center at this point, but you have a younger player who's showing promise & might help you a lot next year, then giving the younger player a token start just might head off some sources of dissension.

Good article with some nuggets. It's subscriber but they used to let you get 1 or 2 freebies a month.

Overall, it's a good write up. Gutierrez hasn't been rah rah at all and this is not that either but points to the fact that there is a decent best case scenario here. He still has JBJr starting and Cole off the bench which is interesting but overall the comments on Benny are great to hear as are those on Buddy. To sum it up- there is good reason to tune in as we legit "could" be a pretty good team and even decent defensively despite the athleticism concerns.

Looking forward to seeing what football can do hopefully messing up every writer's projection and then having hoops give us a whole season of fun. As long as CoVid doesn't screw it all up...

...Many people seem to be forgetting about Edwards in this thread. He's like the invisible man, and I think he will wind up being the starter...
Sometimes it's best to think negatively about an upcoming season and hope to be surprised.
But...for some inexplicable reason...I'm expecting Jesse Edwards to do some big things at center.
And if he does, this team has the potential to be really good.
(With some solid point play).

That's my guess as well. Bourama is a grad student getting some free tuition. Great kid. When healthy, he definitely has the chops but not sure how healthy he will ever be again. Jesse was playing pretty well by the end of a year that he was expected to redshirt. I think he will get the nod but that's merely a guess.
Unfortunately he has been healthy for less than 20% of the games since he has been here.

Sidibe will get the start. Good kid who works hard and has been through a lot. Jesse will get the most minutes at Center.

Unfortunately he has been healthy for less than 20% of the games since he has been here.

he started and played in every game his junior year.

Maybe it's just me but that preseason 1st team All-ACC looks like the worst I can ever remember
so is Kihei gonna be a volume shooter this year?

so is Kihei gonna be a volume shooter this year?
The "wealth" may be spread around among Clark, Beekman, and Franklin as far as guard FGA is concerned.