6. Syracuse
Projected Starting 5:
G
Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Benny Williams
F Cole Swider
C Bourama Sidibe
Projected Bench: Symir Torrence, Frank Anselem, Jimmy Boeheim, Jesse Edwards, John Bol Ajak
Newcomers: Benny Williams, Cole Swider (Villanova), Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell), Symir Torrence (Marquette)
Losses: Marek Dolezaj, Kadary Richmond, Robert Braswell, Alan Griffin, Woody Newton, Quincy Guerrier

ACC Preseason First Team
Michael Devoe, Georgia Tech
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
Keve Aluma, Virginia Tech
Paolo Banchero, Duke
Armando Bacot, North Carolina

10 Impact ACC Freshman
Benny Williams, Syracuse

10 Under-The-Radar ACC Transfers
Symir Torrence, Syracuse (Marquette)

He projects 11 teams w/ 3 guards in the starting line-up. Is that good or bad for SU?

Note: All 5 teams projected to be higher in the standings are projected to start 3 guards.

He projects 11 teams w/ 3 guards in the starting line-up. Is that good or bad for SU?

Note: All 5 teams projected to be higher in the standings are projected to start 3 guards.

Many teams playing three guard line ups is potentially great for Syracuse, since we have the ability to play two forwards who are both 6'9 seniors with polished post games. I'd love to see either Swider or Boehiem be able to post up a guard on every posession.

6. Syracuse
Projected Starting 5:
G
Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Benny Williams
F Cole Swider
C Bourama Sidibe
Projected Bench: Symir Torrence, Frank Anselem, Jimmy Boeheim, Jesse Edwards, John Bol Ajak
Newcomers: Benny Williams, Cole Swider (Villanova), Jimmy Boeheim (Cornell), Symir Torrence (Marquette)
Losses: Marek Dolezaj, Kadary Richmond, Robert Braswell, Alan Griffin, Woody Newton, Quincy Guerrier

ACC Preseason First Team
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
Paolo Banchero, Duke

10 Impact ACC Freshman
Benny Williams, Syracuse

I think a team of who we lost would beat our current roster.

I’d enjoy seeing a scrimmage of Joe Buddy Benny Jimmy and Jesse against Kadary Griffin QG Braswell and Marek. Winner gets Boeheim Army?
My take woody over bras. But still a heck of a matchup.

My take woody over bras. But still a heck of a matchup.
Damn I forgot about Woody. So much movement that I overlooked a top 50 freshman. Yeah sub him for Bras

6. Syracuse
Projected Starting 5:
G
Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Benny Williams
F Cole Swider
C Bourama Sidibe

ACC Preseason First Team
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
Paolo Banchero, Duke

10 Impact ACC Freshman
Benny Williams, Syracuse

Sid? I have no inside info or anything, but is that projecting the best possible outcome versus what's reality at the current moment? We're probably looking at Jesse starting, right?

Man I really hope Sid can have a healthy year. With him and a continually improving Jesse, we have a really nice center rotation there. 10 fouls, reasonable strength, above average skills on offensive end, reasonable length, solid rebounding. Lots to feel good about.

Anyone have input on how Frank is doing? He seems to be lost in the numbers with Sidibe returning. I thought at one point last year we had some hope he was going to be able to play minutes at the 5?

If Frank can play then good no Jimmy or Swider at the 5.

I totally agree in principle but in an 18-10 season, we were outrebounded on the year. A lot of focus has been placed in other areas but the fact is that we need to get much better production off the boards in '21-'22. I'd love for Frank to be able to put together a combination of scoring, rebounding, and D to become a fixture in the rotation. The fact remains, however, that Jimmy and Cole both are only an inch shorter but outweigh him by 15 lbs. They are not a Marek type of situation and it is at least possible that they might be better options for spot duty in the middle. I hope that Frank continues his development to the point where it is not necessary. Heck, I hope that at least two of our four centers can collectively give us a solid 40 minutes per night. Seems like a reasonable expectation, so hopefully the whole Jimmy/Cole in the middle idea is a moot discussion that will never need to be used.

6. Syracuse
Projected Starting 5:
G
Joe Girard
G Buddy Boeheim
F Benny Williams
F Cole Swider
C Bourama Sidibe

ACC Preseason First Team
Buddy Boeheim, Syracuse
Paolo Banchero, Duke

10 Impact ACC Freshman
Benny Williams, Syracuse

Man, I wish we had Kadary coming back. I think we’d be a top 3-4 ACC team with him on the roster. The loss of Quincy also stings, but we may have made up for that with the 3 forwards we’re bringing in.

Also, I still don’t understand all the love for Virginia Tech. Maybe I wasn’t that impressed with them because we shut down Aluma last year, and I don’t think that roster is all that exciting.

Man I really hope Sid can have a healthy year. With him and a continually improving Jesse, we have a really nice center rotation there. 10 fouls, reasonable strength, above average skills on offensive end, reasonable length, solid rebounding. Lots to feel good about.
We had an extra 5 fouls to give with Jesse and barely used them.

I totally agree in principle but in an 18-10 season, we were outrebounded on the year. A lot of focus has been placed in other areas but the fact is that we need to get much better production off the boards in '21-'22. I'd love for Frank to be able to put together a combination of scoring, rebounding, and D to become a fixture in the rotation. The fact remains, however, that Jimmy and Cole both are only an inch shorter but outweigh him by 15 lbs. They are not a Marek type of situation and it is at least possible that they might be better options for spot duty in the middle. I hope that Frank continues his development to the point where it is not necessary. Heck, I hope that at least two of our four centers can collectively give us a solid 40 minutes per night. Seems like a reasonable expectation, so hopefully the whole Jimmy/Cole in the middle idea is a moot discussion that will never need to be used.
I think we’ll be fine in the middle with Sid and Edwards.

I think we’ll be fine in the middle with Sid and Edwards.

Only if Sidibe stays healthy. I am expecting to see Jimmy Boeheim and Jesse Edwards splitting time in the middle of the zone by December.

I disagree. If Sid is healthy we have potentially 4 centers, if not, we still have 3 guys who should play center over Jimmy, who’s in a forward rotation of only 3 guys. You start playing Jimmy or Cole at the 5, we start putting ourselves in serious and unnecessary danger with foul trouble.

Sid, Frank and JBA have been in the system for 2-3 years now and should be able to hold it down in the middle, if Sid can’t go. Also, think about how unhappy you start making guys and breaking up the locker room, by playing a guy out of position over 2-3 guys who solely play that position, it’s illogical. Now that we have center depth, I expect us to use it...and might just end up being an advantage for us most of the year.