RPO killed us, I think | Syracusefan.com

RPO killed us, I think

That Colburn kid didn't like to be tackled.

Which caused our safeties to cheat closer to the LOS.

Which lead to us biting on a lot of run fakes.

Yeah RPOs and the read option plays where Wolford would pull it every time. I think he had like 25 ypc on those.

I give them credit. It's amazing what Clawson has been able to do with a Wake program that couldn't move it on anyone when he got there

Their O-Line played great as they always had linemen out in front of Colburn all night long on the outside runs. They abused us and the linebackers and ends crashed down inside all night long which made it too easy. The defensve scheme was the definition of insanity as they tried the samething all night long expecting different results everytime.

T.E. abused us on the skinny post for at least 7 times wide open.

Their O-Line played great as they always had linemen out in front of Colburn all night long on the outside runs. They abused us and the linebackers and ends crashed down inside all night long which made it too easy. The defensve scheme was the definition of insanity as they tried the samething all night long expecting different results everytime.

T.E. abused us on the skinny post for at least 7 times wide open.
Their O-line fricking mauled us. Hopefully we'll be able to do that to teams in year 4 of Babers

Their O-line fricking mauled us. Hopefully we'll be able to do that to teams in year 4 of Babers

Yup. Games are still won on the lines and always will be.

Rpo murdered us and it was frustratin to watch. However, still in year two of a rebuild. Still 100% behind dino.

I saw him throw up his hands in confusion right before a completion in front of him. That was a bad sign from the first half I think.

Williams is good in run support and terrible in coverage.

I thought our lbs looked slow these past two games as well.

Williams is good in run support and terrible in coverage.

I thought our lbs looked slow these past two games as well.
LBs looked slow because Wolford was pure magic. He made us commit on almost every play. Our entire D was frozen by this guy.

LBs looked slow because Wolford was pure magic. He made us commit on almost every play. Our entire D was frozen by this guy.
My fear is that we missed out chance to be ahead of the curve. All the easy stuff is finally being learned by the meatheads. Wake Forest beat us at our own game.

ACC coaches are watching the SU tapes and learning like any good coach would do. All coaches steal and the smart ones figure it out quicker than the "meatheads".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom