Rumor from BYU board | Syracusefan.com

Rumor from BYU board

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
is that they're B12 bound tomorrow.

if true...that means one more must join for an even number...Louisville or Cincy perhaps?

i would have to guess lville. boise football is a mirage with no tradition and while lville brings nothing more than old photos of johnny unitas, it does have great hoop.

i would have to guess lville. boise football is a mirage with no tradition and while lville brings nothing more than old photos of johnny unitas, it does have great hoop.

Somebody better get on the phone to Pitino. He's not going to be happy.

I think UL makes a ton more sense. In addition to what you said, they give WV and Eastern partner. However taking Boise would be a huge blow to the BE. So if the B12 has plans on limiting competition then Boise might be the better move. With no Boise then SD St pulls out. Does Navy then as well? So who would the BE get as a replacements? ECU? UMass? Nova?

North- UL, Cincy, RU, UConn, Temple, Navy (or Nova/UMass)
South- UCF, USF, Hou, SMU, Memphis, ECU

I think UL makes a ton more sense. In addition to what you said, they give WV and Eastern partner. However taking Boise would be a huge blow to the BE. So if the B12 has plans on limiting competition then Boise might be the better move. With no Boise then SD St pulls out. Does Navy then as well? So who would the BE get as a replacements? ECU? UMass? Nova?

North- UL, Cincy, RU, UConn, Temple, Navy (or Nova/UMass)
South- UCF, USF, Hou, SMU, Memphis, ECU

Agreed KO
Boise is a huge risk...Louisville is the sure thing. Boise academics are community college like and they are basically a one trick pony (basketball isn't bad but not special). If their FB coach leaves and the momentum in the program stalls they will go back to being a second rate program in a far off locale. Louisville would be the worse blow to the BE by far...their academics are better, their athletic program across the board is way better and it is a bridge to the TX schools.

The BE basketball tournament will be UConn and the Seven Dwarfs without Louisville.

Louisville, come on down!

So who's next for the western division? San Antonio School of Cosmotology?

Louisville, come on down!

So who's next for the western division? San Antonio School of Cosmotology?

The TexanMark School of Aviation, Tailgating Logistics, and Underwater Fire Prevention. :D

Big XII would be smarter to go Cincinnati and Louisville to get back to 12. Put WVU, Cincy, Louisville, K-State, Kansas, and Iowa State in 1 division and TCU, Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State in the other division and all of sudden the Big XII is just like it was before expansion. While the Nebraska of the 90's was a dominant team they weren't a dominant team when they left. I would say Louisville,Cincinnati, West Virginia, TCU bring 90% of what Texas A&M, Missouri, Colorado, Nebraska brought when you factor in basketball.
Plus this brings travel partners for every team. Kansas-Kansas St., Cincinnati-Louisville, Iowa St-West Virginia(only bad pairing.)
Oklahoma-Oklahoma St., Bayl0r-Texas Tech, Texas-TCU.
If I was the Big 12 say no BYU go Cincy-Louisville

SU
Pitt
BC
Carolina
Duke
Ga. Tech
Miami
Va. Tech
Wake Forest
Clemson
Maryland
Virginia
Florida St.
NC State
:cool:

SU
Pitt
BC
Carolina
Duke
Ga. Tech
Miami
Va. Tech
Wake Forest
Clemson
Maryland
Virginia
:cool:
Did you boot FSU & NC State?

Rick Pitino would never allow UL to leave the Big East. He has too much loyalty for that.

Texas and Oklahoma do not want the Big 12 to 12 teams. These rumors are unfounded. I'm a Baylor Bear and there is no talk about this on our message board.

I just don't get the infatuation with BYU if this true. I would by far go after Louisville and USF if I were the Big 12 than BYU, maybe even Cincy. Hey SEC you want to try to grab some of Texas well now we're going to Florida.

I just don't get the infatuation with BYU if this true. I would by far go after Louisville and USF if I were the Big 12 than BYU, maybe even Cincy. Hey SEC you want to try to grab some of Texas well now we're going to Florida.

BYU brings eyeballs in Utah and Cali. They also have more FB tradition than all but Texas and Oklahoma. Cincy adds nothing what so ever.

I agree with you that BYU has more tradition than Cincy but USF has more potential and they are my first choice...well after Louisville. Cincy does add hoop and Ohio (to a point) which would get the Big 12 into the upper midwest. It would help with recruiting having OU or Texas show up in Ohio, more than being in Utah.

BYU brings eyeballs in Utah and Cali. They also have more FB tradition than all but Texas and Oklahoma. Cincy adds nothing what so ever.

They also open the Samoan market...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom