Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired. | Syracusefan.com

Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired.

orangeintheacc

Walk On
I don't have a name, but I 've heard the buzz from inside the team that an o-line coach has been hired. He has NFL ties, but that is all I've heard.

I don't have a name, but I 've heard the buzz from inside the team that an o-line coach has been hired. He has NFL ties, but that is all I've heard.
If the Browns angle is true, the band really is getting back together,

From the talented staff Bill Cubit put together at WMU in the 2005-06 time frame, OL coach Mike Sullivan was the first to hit the big time, getting hired by the Cleveland Browns in 2007 as an assistant OL coach. He then was hired by the Chargers as their OL coach in 2009. Just returned to Cleveland recently (I assume he was following Norv Turner, the new Browns OC. who was the Chargers HC from 2007-12.

The Browns already have a well regarded OL coach, so maybe Mike was taking something of a reduction in coaching responsibility going to Cleveland. Maybe it was more of Turner getting him a job, any job, rather than an ideal situation for him.

Anyway Sullivan and his wife are very close the the other staff members from that WMU staff. He and his wife were mentioned prominently in that excellent article on the new staff the other day.

He is well regarded as an OL coach and as a person. Check out his bio on his accomplishments on and off the field at Miami. He is a Chicago native who played for the Hurricanes in their glory days. If true, this would be an impressive hire, and another indication that SU is paying far more for assistant coaches with this staff than ever before, which is a great thing.

Mike Sullivan Bio

Played at the "U"...maybe that will be a recruiting boost in Florida, although G/M sounds like he already has that going on ;)

From the talented staff Bill Cubit put together at WMU in the 2005-06 time frame, OL coach Mike Sullivan was the first to hit the big time, getting hired by the Cleveland Browns in 2007 as an assistant OL coach. He then was hired by the Chargers as their OL coach in 2009. Just returned to Cleveland recently (I assume he was following Norv Turner, the new Browns OC. who was the Chargers HC from 2007-12.

The Browns already have a well regarded OL coach, so maybe Mike was taking something of a reduction in coaching responsibility going to Cleveland. Maybe it was more of Turner getting him a job, any job, rather than an ideal situation for him.

Anyway Sullivan and his wife are very close the the other staff members from that WMU staff. He and his wife were mentioned prominently in that excellent article on the new staff the other day.

He is well regarded as an OL coach and as a person. Check out his bio on his accomplishments on and off the field at Miami. He is a Chicago native who played for the Hurricanes in their glory days. If true, this would be an impressive hire, and another indication that SU is paying far more for assistant coaches with this staff than ever before, which is a great thing.

Mike Sullivan Bio

Because of Cohen's story, you immediately think Sullivan. This would be another fantastic hire.

A tight-knit coaching team, with a hard-nosed, enthusiastic leader.:) I picture gears meshing perfectly in sync. We're going to be a Machine!!! This is going to be Great!:D

Supposedly Sullivan turned down the Illinois OL coaching position to go to the Browns - why would he come to SU now? Makes no sense to me.

regardless if he is the hire or not it is just another example of the Browns 2nd rate organization. Says he was born in '66 and has his age listed as 36

Supposedly Sullivan turned down the Illinois OL coaching position to go to the Browns - why would he come to SU now? Makes no sense to me.

Read the article from the PS. Quality of life seems to be a big thing

Because of Cohen's story, you immediately think Sullivan. This would be another fantastic hire.
It was weird how much they talked about a guy not coaching here in the article. Got the impression something was up.

If true, this would be an impressive hire, and another indication that SU is paying far more for assistant coaches with this staff than ever before, which is a great thing.

If this does prove true than I'm much more excited for our future. I know when the whole Marrone thing went down there were back and forths about reasons and who to assign blame to. They only thing I worried about was the support of the administration - financially. As people who know what they're talking about indicated, that the support was there this would be absolute proof that that is in fact true. Very excited.

If this does prove true than I'm much more excited for our future. I know when the whole Marrone thing went down there were back and forths about reasons and who to assign blame to. They only thing I worried about was the support of the administration - financially. As people who know what they're talking about indicated, that the support was there this would be absolute proof that that is in fact true. Very excited.

When Marrone came in, the budget for ass't salaries was significantly increased. Significantly. I'm guessing this further increase is probably equal to the difference between Marrone's agreed to new contract before he left and what they are paying HCSS.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Mike Sullivan Bio

That was one part that had me scratching my head as I read that "pizza party" article about the former WMU coaches the other day. They were talking a lot about Sullivan and his wife, who were not (publicly anyway) members of the current coaching staff. This would make a lot of sense and he would seem like a welcome addition.

When Marrone came in, the budget for ass't salaries was significantly increased. Significantly. I'm guessing this further increase is probably equal to the difference between Marrone's agreed to new contract before he left and what they are paying HCSS.

I remember that. I'm just saying it feels good to know Shafer has been given the financial ability to help hire what seems like a fantastic staff.

And they still aren't anything. You hit it on the head with the Shafer spread as being the $$ difference.

And they still aren't anything. You hit it on the head with the Shafer spread as being the $$ difference.

I'm confused by this, I think I know what your saying but not positive.

There could be a couple of reasons. Its been reported before how little Wisconsin pays it assistants. Since Wisconsin is actually a good big ten team and Illinois is a horrid big ten team it stands to reason that Illinois may pay their assistants even less. The second rationale is maybe he really thinks a lot of HCSS. Granted Cubit (his former head coach) is the OC at Illinois but there are big differences in being close to the head honcho and the second in command. Maybe he thinks the Syracuse gig offers more stability. They mentioned his wife, not sure if he has kids but you would have to figure that these guys must get sick of moving every one, two, or three years. Especially once those kids end up in high school.

They mentioned his wife, not sure if he has kids but you would have to figure that these guys must get sick of moving every one, two, or three years. Especially once those kids end up in high school.
The PS article included a story of a New Year's Eve party and included a picture with their newborn son.

Sounds like a good team. One of my concerns dealt with the time it would take for the staff to gel. As long as Moore and the RB coach can fit in then that concern is moot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom