Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired.

Supposedly Sullivan turned down the Illinois OL coaching position to go to the Browns - why would he come to SU now? Makes no sense to me.

QUALITY OF LIFE FOR THE FAMILY W/ FRIENDS

If the Browns angle is true, the band really is getting back together,

From the talented staff Bill Cubit put together at WMU in the 2005-06 time frame, OL coach Mike Sullivan was the first to hit the big time, getting hired by the Cleveland Browns in 2007 as an assistant OL coach. He then was hired by the Chargers as their OL coach in 2009. Just returned to Cleveland recently (I assume he was following Norv Turner, the new Browns OC. who was the Chargers HC from 2007-12.

The Browns already have a well regarded OL coach, so maybe Mike was taking something of a reduction in coaching responsibility going to Cleveland. Maybe it was more of Turner getting him a job, any job, rather than an ideal situation for him.

Anyway Sullivan and his wife are very close the the other staff members from that WMU staff. He and his wife were mentioned prominently in that excellent article on the new staff the other day.

He is well regarded as an OL coach and as a person. Check out his bio on his accomplishments on and off the field at Miami. He is a Chicago native who played for the Hurricanes in their glory days. If true, this would be an impressive hire, and another indication that SU is paying far more for assistant coaches with this staff than ever before, which is a great thing.

Mike Sullivan Bio

Why don't we just call ourselves Western Michigan U?

Why don't we just call ourselves Western Michigan U?

Odds are, the present situation is highly in our favor. Little adjustment for personalities or philosophies, as these are well known amongst the staff. The MAC is called " The Cradle of Coaches" and they also play a better brand of football with the atheletes they can attract than given credit for.

Will Moore be the only coach with northeast ties?
Who knows? Still another spot to fill. And looking at what McDonald and Lester have going in the final two weeks of the period, who really cares?

Remember that there is some date that NFL coaches have to stay to to get a full year for service or pension purposes. Wasn't that the case with Casullo, I thought he came late for some NFL reason.

Who knows? Still another spot to fill. And looking at what McDonald and Lester have going in the final two weeks of the period, who really cares?
Exactly.

Exactly.

I've seen mentions of McDonald and Lester communications with recruits in various articles and twitter postings here, but haven't heard mention of the other assistants on the recruiting trail. Are Daoust, Moore, and Lea getting out there and have any potential of bringing in guys like McDonald seems to be? And how much of a disadvantage is it recruiting wise that we have less coaches than every other team out recruiting right now? I'm getting antsy to see who the OL and DB coaches will be.

The hire has been made.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3
any idea when it will be public and do you feel good about this hire?

Sullivan?

You have to be a member of the "Inner Circle" to be privy to that information. ;) We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

any idea when it will be public and do you feel good about this hire?

Wasn't told a name. Just confirming the OP's rumor.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

At this juncture in time , it's infinitely more important to close on recruits. Would be cool if it is another " band member" though.

in hayes scout article he mentions an o line coach that starts with a f

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom