Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor has it that Oline coach has been hired.

Either way there is no confusing that name with Sullivan.. i knew it seemed odd that NFL coach would leave to take a College job.

Perles.jpg

http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/coaches/pat-perles/21519724-6134-48e6-a03c-cfa82f26d9ef

Got the bloodlines. Somewhat follically challenged. That fits the current staff. I don't think he coached at WMU or NIU.

he would be interesting in that he has worked with good running games and also coached ST

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=75921

Pat Perles begins his sixth season at North Dakota State and fourth season as offensive coordinator. He served as the offensive line coach and running game coordinator his first two seasons at NDSU.
Prior to coming to Fargo, Perles was an assistant coach for three seasons at Michigan State (2000-02) where he was the tight ends coach and was the co-special teams coach for the 2000 season. Perles coached All-American tight end Chris Baker, who is currently with the New York Jets of the National Football League. Under his direction in 2000, the Spartans ranked among NCAA leaders in net punting average and kickoff return average.
His resume includes several stops with members of the Canadian Football League. Perles was the offensive line coach for two seasons with the Hamilton Tiger Cats (1998-99), one season (1997) with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and for three seasons (1994-96) with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The 1999 Tiger Cats offensive line led the CFL and broke a 69-year old league record allowing only seven sacks in an 18-game schedule plus two play-off games and the Grey Cup.
Perles was also a defensive assistant coach for two seasons (1992-93) with the Los Angeles Rams of the NFL and the defensive line coach at the University of Toledo for three seasons (1989-91).
Perles played his college ball at Michigan State University where he played in both the 1984 Cherry Bowl and the 1985 Hall of Fame Bowl.
Pat is the son of legendary Michigan State head football coach George Perles. He has a bachelor's degree in marketing/advertising from Michigan State in 1987. Pat and his wife, Karen, have three children, Hannah, Joseph and Julia.

Like the hire. Good bloodlines and has college experience. We need teachers on staff.

Like the hire. Good bloodlines and has college experience. We need teachers on staff.

Plus from Pittsburgh and can help with Western PA recruiting.

Between him and Smith at RB, for recruiting they can say they have worked with taught a lot of NFL Rbs (Michael Turner, Mikael Lashoure, Jamaal Charles, etc...) -- Take note Gus Edwards & Laray Smith.

Grew up a ball boy for the Steelers with Todd Haley. His father was an assistant coach with them, later head coach of Michigan State.

He doesn't have a wikipedia page, but here's a timeline I put together from his Bio:

Born: 1965 (48 years old - would be the oldest coach on staff)
1983-1987 - Michigan State Student-Athlete (Linebacker)
1989-1991 - Toledo Defensive Line coach
1992-1993 - LA Rams assistant
1994-1996 - Saskatchewan (CFL) Offensive Line
1997 - Winnipeg (CFL) Offensive Line
1998-1999 - Hamilton (CFL) Offensive Line
2000-2002 - Michigan State Tight Ends (Served as Special Teams Asst in 2000)
2003-2004 - North Dakota State Offensive Line / Running Game Coordinator
2005-2008 - North Dakota State Offensive Coordinator
2009 - Kansas City Chiefs Defensive Quality Control
2010-2011 - Assistant Offensive Line
2012 - ?

The connection to this SU staff: His dad, George Perles, was Chuck Bullough's head coach at Michigan State.

Plus from Pittsburgh and can help with Western PA recruiting.

Between him and Smith at RB, for recruiting they can say they have worked with taught a lot of NFL Rbs (Michael Turner, Mikael Lashoure, Jamaal Charles, etc...) -- Take note Gus Edwards & Laray Smith.

this guy has proven that likes to coach in the frozen tundra:)

The connection to this SU staff: His dad, George Perles, was Chuck Bullough's head coach at Michigan State.
I knew that the Perles name sounded familiar. His dad was with the Steelers from '72-82 as a D-line, DC & assistant HC. George was then the HC at MSU from '83-94.

Goerge Perles page

So that's now four guys with some level of offensive coordinator experience? I like it.

Syracuse and Michigan State have a long history of coach migration; the vast majority has been from Syracuse to East Lansing. Their best 2 HCs ever, Biggie Munn and Duffy Daugherty (Biggie took assistant coach and former player Duffy with him when he left as SU HC to head west), came from SU. Former SU QB Dave Warner has been QB coach for years. Even Bob Casullo spent some time there.

Another tidbit: when Pat was playing LB for MSU, his defensive coordinator was Nick Saban, whose first job out of Kent State was as an assistant under Frank Maloney at Syracuse.

I like all the experience he has as an OC. There will be several coaches on the staff to assist McDonald in developing gameplans and making adjustments during the game, if this is needed.

One thing is for sure: this group of assistant coaches on offense has a lot more experience than with the last one.

Syracuse and Michigan State have a long history of coach migration; the vast majority has been from Syracuse to East Lansing. Their best 2 HCs ever, Biggie Munn and Duffy Daugherty (Biggie took assistant coach and former player Duffy with him when he left as SU HC to head west), came from SU. Former SU QB Dave Warner has been QB coach for years. Even Bob Casullo spent some time there.

Another tidbit: when Pat was playing LB for MSU, his defensive coordinator was Nick Saban, whose first job out of Kent State was as an assistant under Frank Maloney at Syracuse.

I like all the experience he has as an OC. There will be several coaches on the staff to assist McDonald in developing gameplans and making adjustments during the game, if this is needed.

One thing is for sure: this group of assistant coaches on offense has a lot more experience than with the last one.

Shafer has done a great job all the way around with these hires.

McDonald is going to special...

Pro and college experience which I like...heck even some Canadian which adds an interesting wrinkle as well. He also has coached on both sides of the ball which is good in my book plus a former OC, we have a lot amount of experience on that side of the ball. If he is a good teacher and can get these linemen to continue through their blocks, hold them and drive the defensive linemen into the turf and then go for the next kill I'll really love this move.

I don't want an o-linemen brushing his block and then jogging forward and then missing next 2 defensive guys after that like shooting for a spare and going right between the pins. I want linemen that don't have to think, they are prepared and react and constantly move to the whistle. Take the D-linemens and lb's souls right from the flip of the coin and give it back to them when they shake hands after the game is over.

That's all I want, can Perles give that to us? I hope so because I want championships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom