Rumor: Potential changes coming to exhibition and scrimmages. | Syracusefan.com

Rumor: Potential changes coming to exhibition and scrimmages.

CU44SE

All Conference
Maybe I missed it but didn’t see it posted here. Rumors coming out today that the NCAA is potentially going to allow 2 scrimmages and 2 exhibition games for each basketball program.

The scrimmages would have to be off campus. However, tickets could now be sold to these scrimmages. Currently, they are only allowed to play in secret and are not able to disclose information or sell tickets. In the rare occasion the game is for charity or relief efforts, they are able to sell tickets.

In addition. Preseason games would/could now include the scheduling of D1 teams. Currently, schools are not allowed to schedule preseason games against D1 opponent's.

Maybe I missed it but didn’t see it posted here. Rumors coming out today that the NCAA is potentially going to allow 2 scrimmages and 2 exhibition games for each basketball program.

The scrimmages would have to be off campus. However, tickets could now be sold to these scrimmages. Currently, they are only allowed to play in secret and are not able to disclose information or sell tickets. In the rare occasion the game is for charity or relief efforts, they are able to sell tickets.

In addition. Preseason games would/could now include the scheduling of D1 teams. Currently, schools are not allowed to schedule preseason games against D1 opponent's.
I like it.

If this happens, I could see Syracuse playing LeMoyne in one of the these. Thinking it would likely be played at the War Memorial or Turning Stone. Maybe Siena would also be a possibility? That could be at Turning Stone or maybe Utica? Someplace close to halfway for both schools.

Permitting more pre-season work makes sense given teams are totally remaking themselves each year. Teams will get better, which makes the product better. They should loosen up the summer rules too, including only taking a trip once every 4 years.

If this happens, I could see Syracuse playing LeMoyne in one of the these. Thinking it would likely be played at the War Memorial or Turning Stone. Maybe Siena would also be a possibility? That could be at Turning Stone or maybe Utica? Someplace close to halfway for both schools.
Does turning stone have a venue for hoops?

Does turning stone have a venue for hoops?

They have an Event Center which is big enough for a temporary court. Don't know how it's wired for TV or scoreboard hookups.

16515134251635433159concert-ec-photo.png

The Athletes in Action will be overjoyed to hear about this. Their prayers have been answered.

Permitting more pre-season work makes sense given teams are totally remaking themselves each year. Teams will get better, which makes the product better. They should loosen up the summer rules too, including only taking a trip once every 4 years.

Third party locations could be great to raise NIL money too…

Src arena like tbt is my opinion

makes perfect sense, never really saw what these games vs D2 schools accomplished. Guys like Kaleb Joseph, Jalen Carey and Justin Taylor looked good in these games v D2. Not adequate or representation competition.

But we usually won these games.

Can you imagine starting the season 0-2 in a couple of D1 exhibitions?

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

Src arena like tbt is my opinion
Could be. It has a court and the wiring and electronic equipment to put on a game. I wasn’t a fan of the facility. They had one small stand for food and bathrooms really really limited. And the capacity is really small. I read 1400 on the first web site I found. And there is nothing around the arena. No where to go and nothing to do.

The War Memorial (I believe) holds a lot more. Think they can get about 8000 for basketball there. Lots more rest rooms and concession stands. Better scoreboards and sound system. And there are a lot of places close by to have dinner or a drink before or after games.

Not sure they have the equipment to host basketball games. They might not have a court either but I imagine they could borrow one from SU.

If they can host basketball games, I think it would be a lot better experience for fans of both local teams. Capacity is more important than for the TBT given there would be a lot more demand for tickets than a TBT game.

LOL.

And I hear Marathon Oil has already mobilized a group to find and get their old basketball equipment cleaned up and ready for action.
That is a lot of dust. What was that team that Moten and Celuck show up on one year in the dome? EA All Stars or something?

That is a lot of dust. What was that team that Moten and Celuck show up on one year in the dome? EA All Stars or something?
Bring back games vs. the Globetrotters

Why? Season is long enough and these kids are burnt come March. It sounds like early season neutral site games are increasing. Why not just add 2 more regular season games and start earlier?