Rush end | Syracusefan.com

Rush end

OmahaCuse

Starter
Any chance they move bigger LBs to DE passing downs? Arcienga seems big enough as does Davis for 3rd and long?

Any chance they move bigger LBs to DE passing downs? Arcienga seems big enough as does Davis for 3rd and long?

3rd and long we'll be in the okie with only 3 d lineman. If Davis is blitzing it won't be from a 3 technique off the line. For as much as we are regarded for blitzing, we drop 8 into coverage most times in that setting.

Davis seems "big enough" to play rush end? He is an undersized LB...

Kirkland will be blitzing on 3rd downs. Kid flys around the field and has already really impressed the coaches.

It makes sense to use the Okie and bring a stand up LB if we don't have a legit hand on the ground rush end. I hope we don't drop 8 as much this year as we did last year.

I just want the D to take advantage of their assets and to recognize any weakness the O has. If it's 3 rushing...a stagger rush or 5 /6 guys I don't care as long as it's effective. I'd assume the staff is going to play this one by ear and I'm sure that injuries will play a part of how they attack as well because of a lack of depth on the line. I love the fact that the corners are very good and it definitely will give them multiple options. If this defense can put pressure on the qb's with 3-5 rushing this year SU will have a least 2 pick 6's this year.

I just want the D to take advantage of their assets and to recognize any weakness the O has. If it's 3 rushing...a stagger rush or 5 /6 guys I don't care as long as it's effective. I'd assume the staff is going to play this one by ear and I'm sure that injuries will play a part of how they attack as well because of a lack of depth on the line. I love the fact that the corners are very good and it definitely will give them multiple options. If this defense can put pressure on the qb's with 3-5 rushing this year SU will have a least 2 pick 6's this year.

I just want us to not have to sell all out to the blitz in order to be disruptive. I love mixing it up. But I hate exposing ourselves too many times when we are not able to get traditional stops.

I just want us to not have to sell all out to the blitz in order to be disruptive. I love mixing it up. But I hate exposing ourselves too many times when we are not able to get traditional stops.

Mixing it up is always a good thing and Geno Smith future star qb for the NYJokes's agree's.

I think we will really miss Donnie Simmons, probably are only true speed pass rusher.

Wait til you guys get a load of Ron Thompson at rush end. We may have stumbled on to our next Freeney!

I hope you are half kidding, half serious. Or fully serious.

Seriously? Freeney?

Freeney didn't dominate until 2000. He hardly played as a freshman and was pretty hurt until his senior year. Remenber him rushing with that club on his right hand?

That said, if Sugar Bear can be half the player #54 was in 2001 Syracuse will win 9 games easy...

Freeney didn't dominate until 2000. He hardly played as a freshman and was pretty hurt until his senior year. Remenber him rushing with that club on his right hand?

That said, if Sugar Bear can be half the player #54 was in 2001 Syracuse will win 9 games easy...
yea i know... But i assumed he meant 2000 freeney. if so we will eat up some mother effers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom