Rushing the court | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rushing the court

1. playing the #1 team.
2. you are not ranked.
And most importantly-
3. The game is won at the last second. (shot to win, touchdown or kick with no time left etc.)

It's not a question about what others think, it's a question of dignity. Rushing the court is for fans of teams who are unaccustomed to big wins. Our program is at a point where we should be expecting to win every home game. Unless there are some extenuating circumstances, like winning in dramatic fashion to end the season undefeated, we win, nod our heads, applaud and go home knowing that we are the better team.

I get it that you get caught up in the moment. I rushed the field when we beat Penn St in '87 and while Major Harris' Hail Mary was in the air against WVU. But, we never rushed the court for hoops games because we expected to win every game.

Depends on the program. If DePaul beat a ranked team I wouldn't blame them for rushing the floor.

Upon arrival at SU, each student should receive one Rush The Court Pass in their orientation packet. Can be redeemed whenever they want, but they only get to do it once during their time at the university. Leave it up to them to choose wisely (e.g., ACC title-clinching victory in OT vs. Duke) or not (e.g., after garbage time vs. Colgate with two other drunks against 25 security guards).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom