Russell Athletic Bowl upgrade? | Syracusefan.com

Russell Athletic Bowl upgrade?

This would be nice..

Brett McMurphy@McMurphyESPN
Big 12 in discussions w/Russell Athletic Bowl to replace Big East, source tells @espn. Big 12 would play ACC in bowl starting in '14
Would rather face an SEC or B1G team but as long as it is a BCS opponent, it is good with me. Is the Pinstripe next? That one surely has to change to become an ACC vs B1G matchup.

This must be a mistake. Hasn't anyone told the Russell Athletic Bowl about the America 12?

New America 12 bowl tie-in with the Puppy Bowl announcement imminent.

New America 12 bowl tie-in with the Puppy Bowl announcement imminent.
It's too bad the International Bowl is no more... would've been a perfect tie-in.

Wasn't there also some talk about the Belk dropping the A12 as well?
CBS says the SEC, ACC, B1G and B12 conferences are talking about rotating appearances in some bowls, including the Belk. I think something along these lines would be a smart move, more fans would go to bowl games if there were more possible destinations, new ones the team had never been to before.

Pitt went to the Birmingham Rat Bowl 3 years in a row. That kind of thing should never happen. Hopefully cooperative efforts like this will make the bowl selection process more like it used to be, when there were many more opportunities for a team to possibly get a bid than there are today.

Right now, its the Music City Bowl (Nashville, ACC/SEC), Belk Bowl (Charlotte, ACC/BE), and, Alamo Bowl (San Antonio, B12/P12) being discussed. The Russell Athletic Bowl (ACC/BE) has also been mentioned as a possible addition.

Sweet! The battle for the Schwartzwalder trophy continues!!!! Gotta actually put the trophy up, though.

Sweet! The battle for the Schwartzwalder trophy continues!!!! Gotta actually put the trophy up, though.
That would have to be outside of a bowl. I wonder if TGD would schedule a 1-1-1 with WfVU to help satisfy the MetLife contract.

i gotta think that is possible but we would likely have to go to wvu the 1st yr as we played them in the dome the last regular season game

Yeah, I'd love to continue the series with WVU just for the reason that I live here in Charleston, WV now and it would be a short trip for me to see SU play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom