Rutgers board in full meltdown, rumors that Pernetti is to be fired today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers board in full meltdown, rumors that Pernetti is to be fired today

Are they so stupid to think that Perenetti had anything to do with getting them into the B1G? They lucked into geography and theoretical tv sets for their useless tv network that will likely never get the carriage fees in NJ they think it will.

They're in the B1G because only one ACC school joined.

Just to recap, since our Georgetown meltdown:

1. We take GTown out of the BE Tourney. CJ stuffs the ball down Otto's throat.

2. GTown loses to a school that didn't exist 15 years ago.

3. We make it to Final Four, cutting down GTowns nets. "Kissing them goodbye"

4. Rutgers is exposed as a loosely run, abusive hell hole and is being criticized on the national news, and ESPN. They are likely to lose their AD.

That's a good stretch.
Might as well throw in that UConn's been home for a month and now they're in the American Athletic Conference. Yes, it's been quite a month.

I figured the press conference was for the president stepping down but Pernetti leaving would be icing on the cake. Reading that P.O.S. of a forum today has been a true delight.

They should also be excited to have the opportunity to start fresh with a good AD and a MUCH better coach. They are in a stable conference, but they are still Rutgers, but maybe they can still find a good coach.

They should. But they won't. The AD will stay, and Buttgers will languish forever.

The Big Ten brass must be sick to their stomach along with whoever internally recommended Rutgers as an expansion candidate. No doubt the internal search for the guilty has already begun.

All those cable subscribers came at a price. A price that seems to be spiraling upward.

For basketball, and maybe lacrosse, Rutgers is the graveyard of coaches. Go there with a great resume and high hopes and leave there with your reputation in tatters and your career in shambles. At least the Cleveland State's Waters got to crawl back to his previous employer.

This is just one of the reasons why the ACC never gave Rutgers so much as a sniff.

I think the issue is more that Rutgers to B1G Ten was a logistically smart move for the B1g Ten for reasons that have nothing to do with athletic performance or the current fallout from Rice. Nothing has changed in that regard. The ACC should have considered a similar move to grab Rutgers, IMO, for one simple reason: proximity to NYC. That remains true today and it will be true tomorrow.

Now, Rutgers to the B1G Ten might be a disaster move for Rutgers athletically. They could quickly become the doormat in all major sports. That is the "cost" that will impact Rutgers.

Honestly if you have a few minutes, just browse the Rutgers R ivals board, its an incredible read right now.

They should. But they won't. The AD will stay, and Buttgers will languish forever.
I totally agree that they will languish forever, but from their point of view, I would be excited. It is a new beginning. Another chapter of crapdom is complete and now is the beginning of a new chapter. Perhaps this will be the chapter that they have all dreamed of, a new conference, a new coach...one can only imagine the possibilities. They might make the NIT in the near future.

trainwreck22.jpg

Might as well throw in that UConn's been home for a month and now they're in the American Athletic Conference. Yes, it's been quite a month.

AA is fitting for them.

They'll be at a meeting -

Connecticut: Hi, my name's Connecticut, but I'm a safety school and our students can't spell "Connecticut," so everyone just calls me Yukon."
Tulane et al: Hi Yukon.
Connecticut: Yeah, I really don't know why I'm here.
Tulane et al: <laughter>
Connecticut: ...
Tulane et al: <more laughter>
Connecticut: But yeah, I mean, we beat Syracuse this year.
Memphis: In football?
Connecticut: Uh no. But before this year we beat them a lot. Even won the Big East.
UCF: Outright?
Connecticut: No.
Everyone: <laughter>
Connecticut: But we played Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, and that was just two years ago. And we won the basketball championship in 2011. And our women's basketball team is in its sixth straight Final Four. And I just don't know what I did to be here. I mean Syracuse and Pitt at least have some history in football. And since college basketball started competition in 1990 they've both been ok. Not Yukon good, but not Rutgers either. And WVU has had a nice football team, at least since I realized that football was played at the collegiate level in 2002. But Louisville? And RUTGERS?!
Connecticut: uncontrollable sobbing. Hugs Rebecca Lobo body pillow.

Things get uncomfortable for the rest of C-USA, I mean the AAC, quickly and everyone gives Yukon some alone time with its past stars as the uncomfortable reality that it will be devoid of future stars sets in.

Honestly if you have a few minutes, just browse the Rutgers R ivals board, its an incredible read right now.

Without looking, is it very much different than some of the stuff that gets tossed around on this board from time to time?

I think the issue is more that Rutgers to B1G Ten was a logistically smart move for the B1g Ten for reasons that have nothing to do with athletic performance or the current fallout from Rice. Nothing has changed in that regard. The ACC should have considered a similar move to grab Rutgers, IMO, for one simple reason: proximity to NYC. That remains true today and it will be true tomorrow.

Now, Rutgers to the B1G Ten might be a disaster move for Rutgers athletically. They could quickly become the doormat in all major sports. That is the "cost" that will impact Rutgers.
and that would somehow be different than the current situation how?

Well I suppose the NCAA could impose the death penalty for lack of institutional control but that would suggest that Rutgers actually has relevant athletic programs.

and that would somehow be different than the current situation how?

Good point, Mojo. They at least had a chance to compete in football this year until their collapse at the end of the season. Playing in the B1G is going to eliminate that hope for the fan base for the foreseeable future.

I'm refusing to believe this... are you seriously trying to tell me that there is a Rutgers basketball fan message board????

Yes, it is one guy RutgerSal arguing with himself.

It would be great if Butgers announced the hiring of Jim Calhoun as coach. That would top off the year for UConn.

Nice to be on the other side of the fence finally. This is why I will never criticize another university for shenanigans--you never know what's going on behind closed doors. Remember all the smug comments from RU fans about how clean their athletics program is?

What is the Rutgers fan board. How can people think Smart and Stevens are realistic targets. I mean I get it's your team but that is sad.

Not sure you understand the real reason for the B1G picking Rutgers or what carriage fees are or why the B1G thinks that this will be a bonanza for them.

Go back and re-read the post in this thread from NKR1978 that says, "theoretical tv sets for their useless tv network that will likely never get the carriage fees in NJ they think".

It was all about cable TV subscribers and the B1G network. Not proximity to NY, except to the extent that these cable subscribers live near NYC in NJ. Not athletic performance. Nothing. Only ANTICIPATED cable boxes and fees associated.

Because the ACC has no TV network and therefore no interest in carriage fees, they had no interest in Rutgers because of the other associated negatives.

Nice to be on the other side of the fence finally. This is why I will never criticize another university for shenanigans--you never know what's going on behind closed doors. Remember all the smug comments from RU fans about how clean their athletics program is?
You see someone try and deflect to us on that board now and again, invoking BF.

Pernetti is in a load of trouble, doubt he can survive this.
I wouldn't be surprised if the does survive. He is seen as the savior of the university for having delivered them from the BE/AAC to the B1G.

ok so now they have a list that includes bobby knight for rice's replacement. thats so wrong on so many levels...

Take Hurley and be done with it. They're not gonna do any better

tp reminds me of the italian gangster from last season of boardwalk empire. the guy who gets gutted in the last episode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom