Rutgers of the South | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers of the South

shandeezy7

Living Legend
NC State week has finally arrived. Based on this thread, all the other fans from other ACC teams that warned us about NC State fans are looking to be proven correct:

http://mbd.At their request, this n...om this site./mb.aspx?s=178&f=2515&t=11787896

It's kinda cute listening to NC State fans talk about "southern football" (like they really know what that is, just because they are geographically located there) and grasping their confederate flags and whatnot.

I know at this point we don't have too much to talk about, since we've never beaten them. Hopefully that changes this weekend and hopefully we have a good amount of "obnoxious yankee" fans show up to their place and represent well.

As we all know, all-time records mean nothing. Our 41-0 trouncing of Clemson meant nothing. Games played a decade and more mean nothing. The only thing that factors in is this team, this year, this weekend.

No, you mean classy Cuse fans. No need to search for the lowest common denominator. We will do like our momma's raised us and be Orange Proud.

I didn't say for our fans to not be classy. Just saying their opinions of an "obnoxious yankee" is probably someone from the north who roots for a team from the north. How obnoxious!

And whoever the UNC fan who posts here was right, there have already been several posts on that board by people making fun of the fact that there are so many Syracuse fans who are not Syracuse graduates. How is that a bad thing? God forbid your school has enough cache that people who would otherwise have no affiliation with the school are fans of the team.

NC State fans are the worst fans in the ACC by a wide margin. Pop quiz for you Cause fans, which of the following events have NC State fans made headlines for:

-Urinating en masse in the bleachers of their football stadium because they didn't want to walk to the restrooms
-Having a shootout at a football tailgate that left two fans dead
-threatening to lynch an African-American athlete who scored a game-winner against them on one of their message boards
-Stealing LSU's football intro video verbatim and stealing Mississippi State`s marketing campaign in the same year

Trick question... the answer is all of the above! Combine that with their arrogance despite being one of the worst athletic programs in the ACC and inferiority over being the lowest-ranked academic school in the conference and you get a special breed of fan.

nobody will ever be able to replace rutgirls.....

nobody will ever be able to replace rutgirls.....
I certainly hope not.

The last thing I want to see is another bullspit program like Rutgers rise up and beat the snot out of the Blue here for a decade.

I certainly hope not.

The last thing I want to see is another bullspit program like Rutgers rise up and beat the snot out of the Blue here for a decade.

Or 4 years(Robinson era). But why let facts get in the way of your typical trolling BS?

I certainly hope not.

I think maybe you should focus your energies on the issues with Eli instead of worrying about this ... they went 7-3 against us since 03 ... you make it sound like every game was like the beatings we gave them in the 90s ... they beat us once from 1990 to 2002 and a lot of our Ws were absolute demolitions ... including 70 on them in the Dome.

I think maybe you should focus your energies on the issues with Eli instead of worrying about this ... they went 7-3 against us since 03 ... you make it sound like every game was like the beatings we gave them in the 90s ... they beat us once from 1990 to 2002 and a lot of our Ws were absolute demolitions ... including 70 on them in the Dome.

And really...of that 7-3, 4 of the wins were against GRob.

Marrone came in and beat the "snot" out of them, year 1.

Or 4 years(Robinson era). But why let facts get in the way of your typical trolling BS?
Who are you anyway?

Stop following me around, it's weird.

3-7, is not a good record, take groobbycakes out...and Lordy Lordy, 3-3 makes them an equal then.

IMO, that's not good. But I guess it is in your eyes.

Who are you anyway?

3-7, is not a good record, take groobbycakes out...and Lordy Lordy, 3-3 makes them an equal then.

There are several people in this thread who totally missed your point...

Rutgirls and NCST!
That reminded me of the time in Worcester when NCState demoralized an arena full of Yukon fans who were riding their high horse because of our unfortunate loss two days earlier. How come no one made such a big deal about Yukon playing in Worcester which was less than an hour from their campus yet we still hear about playing in Albany in 2003. I was never so happy to see a team lose that day as Yukon did except for maybe the Cowgirls yesterday vs Eli's older brother.

Who are you anyway?

Following you around? Weird way to look at it. It's a message board.

3-3 is not good. It's also not "getting snot beat out of us". Again, that happened for 4 years. If you didnt want any replies calling you out on your BS, you could've just been straight up about things in the first place.

Living in NC the State fans are the blue collar people in NC they are akin to VPI fans. UNC and UVA are the blue blood programs in their state, and VPI and NCSU have the less elite fans. I think they are more UNC fans in the state but NCSU gets more of the non-alums in NC as fans. VPI's success has allowed them to become popular in VA, but UVA like UNC are the true flagship programs in their states. There is a reason the B1G wants UNC and UVA and not NCSU or VPI. I don't think we want a rivalry with this program as we should strive higher. The Blue's ACC rivals are going to be Pitt and BC.

Following you around? Weird way to look at it. It's a message board.

3-3 is not good. It's also not "getting snot beat out of us". Again, that happened for 4 years. If you didnt want any replies calling you out on your BS, you could've just been straight up about things in the first place.
Please.

Cherry pick away...

Per usual.

No we get your point just tired of your schtick ... its the same day after day after day ... listen I get the fact that big blue blows but really you need to find something better to do than to resort to some of your posting tactics.

No we get your point just tired of your schtick ... its the same day after day after day ... listen I get the fact that big blue blows but really you need to find something better to do than to resort to some of your posting tactics.
Wrong again.

If idiots get to post their nonsense, I should be allowed to call them out on it.

Wrong again.

If idiots get to post their nonsense, I should be allowed to call them out on it.

Oh its 7:56 and Eli just threw another pick ... shouldn't you be calling Coughlin and righting the ship instead of dealing with "idiots"?

Oh its 7:56 and Eli just threw another pick ... shouldn't you be calling Coughlin and righting the ship instead of dealing with "idiots"?
Again, that's for a different board and a different thread.

But yes, other than Nicks quitting on a route...again, Eli had a couple of plays where it looked like he was tripping over the 2 Lombardi's, after side stepping the 2 MVPs as he searched for his 2 World Champion Rings.

Tough go right now for the real Blue.

I certainly hope not.

is that you Bud?