Rutgers ruins another 4 star kid | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers ruins another 4 star kid

This just has to be mentioned but yet another player has quite buttgers during the season. I think he makes 3.

This time Ian Thomas a highly recruited kid from Maryland who was playing cornerback has bailed. This kid was starting as a redshirt frosh.

apparently left to pursue baseball at another college??? makes no sense to leave mid-season. Can't enroll in another college until next semester. something smells.
Not to mention if he really wanted to stay, they have a baseball team at ruttie

I've seen comments that the kid never played baseball in high school. say what ???? can't make this sht up.
Opens up another spot for Hallmon in the secondary i guess.

Ian Thomas never played baseball at Franklin (Md.) High School. He and junior strong safety Lorenzo Waters discussed baseball a couple times, but only jokingly.

When the redshirt freshman cornerback left the Rutgers football team to pursue a baseball career — head coach Kyle Flood announced it yesterday — coming out of leftfield was an understatement.

“We all joke about it, baseball players do less work and make more money,” Waters said. “But it’s just a common joke.”

http://www.dailytargum.com/sports/f...cle_1084f3b4-3611-11e3-bdf5-001a4bcf6878.html

I believe I ran across an article yesterday or Monday, that brought this up. It was questioning how schiano got the job at Tampa, the narrative of the story was, based on what he did at RU, this was almost expected.
Shady's philiosophy has always been, Tell a lie often enough and you will obtain belief. He did that tremendous amount of times by telling less than truthful things about our football program. One of his first comments after being hired by the Snookies was that his primary target was Syracuse University's influence in recruiting NJ and the NE in general. He was just a guy who perfected the art of BS. The Rutgers fans were ready to swallow everything he said.We all know or should know that the general sports IQ of the Rutgers fan is lower than Congressional rhetoric.

Wow Al Page??

Having 5 scholarship players leave the program during the season is unprecedented and 3 of these kids we’re playing/starting. Let the spin begin.

I thought they were FAMILY??? Recruits beware something’s rotten.

By the way, WR recruit Adonis Jennings tweeted about a UNC discussion and now may be wavering. Panic is setting in, premium message meltdown resulted in locked thread.

Wow Al Page??

Having 5 scholarship players leave the program during the season is unprecedented and 3 of these kids we’re playing/starting. Let the spin begin.

By the way, WR recruit Adonis Jennings tweeted about a UNC discussion and now may be wavering. Panic is setting in, premium message meltdown resulted in locked thread.
The spin seems to be that they both were always injured, at the bottom of the depth chart and now it opens up more scholarship spots.
Maybe Daoust (or Moore...)will give him a call?

Wow Al Page??

Metldown city on there premium board, 3 more guys leaving this team this week not to mention the loss of a previous commit and a guy they were hard after eliminated them. Hilarious that there Jennings thread got locked on the premium board. Also some of there most ardent Flood supporters have suprisingly gone MIA on the board, its a great read right now.

We lose plenty of players, too - Dontez Ford, Lou Addazio, Shu Mungwa, even Riley Dixon for a little while.
And commits, too.
It's fun to rip on Rutgers but we have turnover also.
Based on the fact that they're pretty good at recruiting, the availability of more scholarships next season could help them out.

We lose plenty of players, too - Dontez Ford, Lou Addazio, Shu Mungwa, even Riley Dixon for a little while.
And commits, too.
It's fun to rip on Rutgers but we have turnover also.
Based on the fact that they're pretty good at recruiting, the availability of more scholarships next season could help them out.

The next time Syracuse loses three players in the middle of the season one of which is going to play baseball despite the fact he has never played at the highschool or collegiate level, let me know.

The next time Syracuse loses three players in the middle of the season one of which is going to play baseball despite the fact he has never played at the highschool or collegiate level, let me know.

What's the difference between losing a player to a different sport and losing a player to a rap career?

What's the difference between losing a player to a different sport and losing a player to a rap career?
That was in the offseason. These kids from Rutgers are jumping ship halfway through a season.

That was in the offseason. These kids from Rutgers are jumping ship halfway through a season.

That opens up a scholarship for Rutgers now, not in August.

I'm not trying to defend Rutgers here. I just think that, based on their recent recruiting success, this may not be the disaster that is being discussed.

That opens up a scholarship for Rutgers now, not in August.

I'm not trying to defend Rutgers here. I just think that, based on their recent recruiting success, this may not be the disaster that is being discussed.
That depends on how it is percieved by the kids they are recruiting. If they go on a visit and they see inner turmoil in "The F.A.M.I.L.Y.", they may be less inclined to buy the lies.

Are you blind, you don't see a difference? 5 scholarship players during the season? One kid was starting, Page and Shuler were playing.

The kids you listed are not remotely in the same boat and one a walk on. Seriously, addazio trans to the team his dad is the HC. Ford frosh trans back home. Mungwa frosh quits fball. Dixon a walkon bfd. All these kids left in the off season to. Trust me if this happened at Syracuse the fans would be going crazy about the locker room . This isn't normal stuff.

Last edited:
That depends on how it is percieved by the kids they are recruiting. If they go on a visit and they see inner turmoil in "The F.A.M.I.L.Y.", they may be less inclined to buy the lies.

How have they been able to get highly-ranked recruits over the past few years?
Their football record hasn't been great.
Somehow they're able to recruit well without great results. I don't know how.

Their success in recruiting recently seems to indicate that this turmoil may not be too damaging. Based on their remaining schedule (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/164/rutgers-scarlet-knights), they could win another four or five games, which would be a successful season.

How have they been able to get highly-ranked recruits over the past few years?
Their football record hasn't been great.
Somehow they're able to recruit well without great results. I don't know how.

Their success in recruiting recently seems to indicate that this turmoil may not be too damaging. Based on their remaining schedule (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/164/rutgers-scarlet-knights), they could win another four or five games, which would be a successful season.
Most of these defections have happened recently, so we really have no clue how this will effect their recruiting. But, how they have gotten recruits? Not sure, but they sold them on F.A.M.I.L.Y. and a bunch of other crap, alot of which wasn't true. Schiano was famous for negative recruiting. But the guy could sell, and he knew how to impress coaches and players. Not sure about Flood. The thing that we have learned is, fractured relationships in recruiting are hard to mend. So, if any of these kids leaving is part of a pipeline, it could effect recruiting down the line.

Are you blind, you don't see a difference? 5 scholarship players during the season? One kid was starting, Page and Shuler were playing.

The kids you listed are not remotely in the same boat and one a walk on. Seriously, addazio trams era to he team his dad is the HC. Ford frosh trans back home. Mungwa frosh quits fball. Dixon a walkon bfd. All these kids left in the off season. Trust me if this happened at Syracuse the fans would be going crazy about he locker room . This isn't normal stuff.

I see the difference.
I just don't think the impact will be as bad as you predict.

To your point about the Syracuse players who have left - all those guys were expected to be huge players for Syracuse so don't try to argue that it was not a big deal that they departed. And Dixon is the starting punter.

I see the difference.

To your point about the Syracuse players who have left - all those guys were expected to be huge players for Syracuse so don't try to argue that it was not a big deal that they departed. And Dixon is the starting punter.

Addazio was never expected to be a huge player. He was here for 2 years and was hurt the whole time. He wasn't a hyped recruit either.

Mungwa and Ford both were decent regional recruits and definitely would have helped our DB depth at a minimum.

I see the difference.

With this declaration you've lost the debate, if not all credibility.

We can debate what adjective is appropriate to use to describe each of those players and, you're absolutely right that Addazio didn't contribute due to injuries, but a lot of people thought he was going to be a really solid TE for Syracuse.
addazio.jpg

With this declaration you've lost the debate, if not all credibility.

If you really think that there wasn't a lot of excitement over the potential of Mungwa and Ford (not so much for Addazio) then you weren't reading posts on this forum.

Like I wrote before, debating about what is the correct adjective to use is pointless.

I still believe my original point that, somehow, I don't think Rutgers recruiting is going to get hit as hard as what is being discussed here. They somehow get great players year after year even though their teams aren't very good.