Rutgers starting RB leaves the team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers starting RB leaves the team

Its getting weird around here -- what is up with these Rutgers fans? Are we not letting them join if they have Rutgers screen names and they are resorting to disguise?

Its getting weird around here -- what is up with these Rutgers fans? Are we not letting them join if they have Rutgers screen names and they are resorting to disguise?

There hasn't been 1 rutgers fan denied. In fact I am sure we will hear from rrruuuu soon since he applied today. Only a few have even applied, but there are a few that wouldn't be given access because of past trolling and making the board a mess. I am sure this guy was probably one of them.

There hasn't been 1 rutgers fan denied. In fact I am sure we will hear from rrruuuu soon since he applied today. Only a few have even applied, but there are a few that wouldn't be given access because of past trolling and making the board a mess. I am sure this guy was probably one of them.

I figured as much -- very strange how we've had two imposters in the course of 24 hours. Weird bunch they are

Asinine, asinine comment. Rice was s 2-star recruit, so you lose all credibility there.

:)

Don't care if he was a negative-2 star recruit. Rice became the best player in Rutgers history the day he flipped.

Watching his first game, Illinois, became pretty clear that RR was next level good.

No, wait - he was a 2-star bum until that month of Schiano's training camp - THEN he became all-world.

Devin McCourty, Jason McCourty, Courtney Greene, and Eric Foster...all two-star HS guys who are now NFL starters within their first few years in the league.

Then Schiano should stick to 2-stars, because his record with the 4-stars lately... yeesh.

It's got to be getting frustrating to get all excited about these guys with the stars, only to have them thrown to the wolves too early (Savage), get worn down by asking them to do too much (Sanu), or inexplicably put in a position to fail because other areas of the team are so weak (Civil). Although, watching Civil flailing around at tackle against USF was funny stuff.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/ncf/sto...let-knights-deantwan-williams-leaving-program

Got demoted from 1st string to 4th string and left. Guess we'll be seeing Huggins at RB in the dome... and he'll be seeing alot of the ground in their backfield.

That kid sucked so none of them should care. Clue #1, a 'supposed' 4 star kid from the DC area of Virginia who does NOT get offered by Virginia Tech. Umm sure he's a worthy 4*.

2nd Clue, Arizonaknightie over here touting how good he was gonna be. oops. add him to the kordell young and mason robinson list.

He was sick of being part of the Partridge FAMILY.
"I think I love you... until you start sucking arss..."

That kid sucked so none of them should care. Clue #1, a 'supposed' 4 star kid from the DC area of Virginia who does NOT get offered by Virginia Tech. Umm sure he's a worthy 4*.

2nd Clue, Arizonaknightie over here touting how good he was gonna be. oops. add him to the kordell young and mason robinson list.

4 STARS!! He's going to be twice as good as Ray Rice!! zomg

I believe he was their best back in the preseason-That's why he was starting. I'm sure Schiano feels like he has to start the local HS star.

I believe he was their best back in the preseason-That's why he was starting. I'm sure Schiano feels like he has to start the local HS star.

He got some award in the spring for his play too. The rutgers fans are dogging him as if he sucked. Well, he was either their best back going into the season or Schiano is one dumbass for starting their 3rd or 4th stringer the first two games.

I'm not seeing how this topic has any relevance to SU football. Its Rutgers, for Christ's sake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

Get any RUFATORSKINNY requests there Rick, or should I say Kim Jong? :p

this was definitely the pitt guys call. i believe for ru it is the right decision. huggins has a very good upside but needs the carries. this will also stabilize any internal controversy. message to team is decision made, no discussion, move on. i do follow ru as my second team, and all the rest of the big east as my third team, and pull for all of them when occ. and against them when playing my beloved orangemen. we need a stronger conference

Nobody knows what Huggins can or will do until he actually plays a few games. Then throw in that offensive line and that "offensive" coach - he might look like a 1 star RB the whole year.

I made it up, thought it would be obvious.

The only thing that clued me in that it might be made up was the "ooh la la" at the end. I didn't think he would overuse that phrase.

RutgersAl just e-mailed me and said that this is no big deal. Here is a direct quote:

"This is actually great for the team. Each of the remaining running backs are Heisman Candidate caliber players and will likely be first round draft picks when their careers at the prestigious university are over. The only problem that Dr. Schiano is trying to figure out now is how to appease the WR corps and the QB since the new RB lineup will likely be running for 200 - 300 yards per game. Ohhh la la, this is going to be fun"

RutgersAl is calling the monkey-faced guy "Doctor" Schiano now? That's a gut buster.

Remember now, they have "SEC talent on the field AND in the stands"

Nobody knows what Huggins can or will do until he actually plays a few games. Then throw in that offensive line and that "offensive" coach - he might look like a 1 star RB the whole year.
i am guessing that the offensive coach is schiano. i am also guessing he is hands off the offense, and cignetti is making all the calls including huggins. i only wish schiano was still involved with the offense, when they play us. i think they did pretty well at carolina who had a very big offensive line. i know its not popular, but think they have a good upside---sooner or later their recruiting will payoff--hopefully after 10-1-11

Maybe he got tired of being a Lumberjack.

I'm not seeing how this topic has any relevance to SU football. Its Rutgers, for Christ's sake!

It's a future opponent losing a starting player so it's extremely relevent.

Was on the ESPN NCAAF frontpage and it was there so I shared. If it was about Toledo, USF, or WVU it wouldve got posted the same except likely without quite the same number or kind of responses. Oh well.

It's a future opponent losing a starting player so it's extremely relevent.

Was on the ESPN NCAAF frontpage and it was there so I shared. If it was about Toledo, USF, or WVU it wouldve got posted the same except likely without quite the same number or kind of responses. Oh well.

Not knocking you at all. I guess I just don't understand all the interest and second-guessing on why Williams left Rutgers and who was responsible.

Having said that I read all the posts here and like to see Rutgers and Shady suffer at least a little ;)

Not knocking you at all. I guess I just don't understand all the interest and second-guessing on why Williams left Rutgers and who was responsible.

Having said that I read all the posts here and like to see Rutgers and Shady suffer at least a little ;)

All good didnt take it as such. Gotta feel bad for the kid to get jerked around like that but future recruits may take notice.

Just some old board angst left over from people that are over sensative to all thing Rutgers I suppose. Theyre just another team on the schedule but they are still on the schedule. No more, no less.

There have been rumors that there have been some internal issues with the team and I am sure some of it is related to Huggins as no doubt he was promised X carries. Schiano basically said there were issues in an interview when he said he needed to get his RB's and OL on the same page (his excuse for 1 rushing yard). I am willing to bet right now Williams is as good as Huggins but Huggins was getting moved to the starting role because...he is Huggins. Williams probably had a fit and this got dropped to 4th string for complaining. It's the one problem when you make promises to a supposed superstar but they don't shine and someone else is actually better.

Let's consider a few things:

1. Williams was no better than 3rd string last year. Even if you discount Sanu and Deering out of the ridiculous Wildknight, you had Joe Martinek and true freshman Jordan Thomas starting over Williams and others last season. There was constant transfer talk last year from Williams who was unhappy with his lack of PT.

2. Schiano/Cignetti, cleared out room at TB this spring by moving Martinek to FB and Thomas to DB. However, he also moved Deering to RB from WR. Let's be honest, those moves were made to make room for Savon Huggins, not the 3rd string (at best) tailback from '10.

3. So Williams emerges from summer camp as the #1. But you need to realize that both Deering and Jamison were basically out the entire summer with injuries, as perviously mentioned the top two runners from the prior year were moved, and Huggins is a true freshman so Williams essentially got the job by default. That said, Huggins was by far the more productive back (against the 1's) in the two summer scrimmages but he is still a true frosh and Williams was a good soldier all spring and summer and deserved his shot.

4. So, after two games,you have two runners in Huggins and Williams who have done very little. Well you gave Williams the bulk of the carries through the first two games and now you decide to give the All American freshman a shot to get something going. Demoted player quits. Nothing to see here.

Let's consider a few things:

1. Williams was no better than 3rd string last year. Even if you discount Sanu and Deering out of the ridiculous Wildknight, you had Joe Martinek and true freshman Jordan Thomas starting over Williams and others last season. There was constant transfer talk last year from Williams who was unhappy with his lack of PT.

2. Schiano/Cignetti, cleared out room at TB this spring by moving Martinek to FB and Thomas to DB. However, he also moved Deering to RB from WR. Let's be honest, those moves were made to make room for Savon Huggins, not the 3rd string (at best) tailback from '10.

3. So Williams emerges from summer camp as the #1. But you need to realize that both Deering and Jamison were basically out the entire summer with injuries, as perviously mentioned the top two runners from the prior year were moved, and Huggins is a true freshman so Williams essentially got the job by default. That said, Huggins was by far the more productive back (against the 1's) in the two summer scrimmages but he is still a true frosh and Williams was a good soldier all spring and summer and deserved his shot.

4. So, after two games,you have two runners in Huggins and Williams who have done very little. Well you gave Williams the bulk of the carries through the first two games and now you decide to give the All American freshman a shot to get something going. Demoted player quits. Nothing to see here.

Well, you left out a few other facts, some of which your coach even mentioned. But I don't really care. I just find it amusing that 1/2 the rutgers fans are singing a completely different tune about Williams than they were in the spring or pre-season. For a kid that is so sucky, schiano must be a tool for giving him some award after spring ball and then making him #1 on the depth chart for 2 games.