Rutgers to B1G announcement? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers to B1G announcement?

I live in NJ - right smack dab in the middle of Northern NJ. A lot of people I know (non-alums of RU) have become Rutgers "fans" in the last few years with some of them even buying season tix. The move to the B1G is going to increase this number. A lot of people on here discount RUs "fans", but the fact is, their fandom has been trending upward for a couple of seasons. The success they have had, smoke and mirrors or not, is increasing the casual fans' interest. It pains me to say this, because I can't stand RU's fanbase, but they will not fade into the B1G and become another Minnesota (a team we can't seem to beat, btw) or Indiana. They are going to compete in the B1G, partly because the B1G isn't that strong, and partly because RU is a solid FB program that will improve by joining the B1G.

I think a lot of folks on this board are blinded by extreme dislike for all things Rutgers. We are going to have a hard time recruiting in NJ, not that we have been hitting the state hard lately anyway.

I hope I'm dead wrong about all of this and I will root hard for whoever is playing Rutgers every Saturday, but I don't think I am wrong in this instance.
you sir are totally on the money, you are not dead wrong---the ones that are dead wromg have had their head in the sand for 1015
I live in NJ - right smack dab in the middle of Northern NJ. A lot of people I know (non-alums of RU) have become Rutgers "fans" in the last few years with some of them even buying season tix. The move to the B1G is going to increase this number. A lot of people on here discount RUs "fans", but the fact is, their fandom has been trending upward for a couple of seasons. The success they have had, smoke and mirrors or not, is increasing the casual fans' interest. It pains me to say this, because I can't stand RU's fanbase, but they will not fade into the B1G and become another Minnesota (a team we can't seem to beat, btw) or Indiana. They are going to compete in the B1G, partly because the B1G isn't that strong, and partly because RU is a solid FB program that will improve by joining the B1G.

I think a lot of folks on this board are blinded by extreme dislike for all things Rutgers. We are going to have a hard time recruiting in NJ, not that we have been hitting the state hard lately anyway.

I hope I'm dead wrong about all of this and I will root hard for whoever is playing Rutgers every Saturday, but I don't think I am wrong in this instance.

you sir are right on the money---the ones that have been dead wrong are the ones that have denied the ru upsurge and have lived in the past and worse yet---continue to do so--they have been the epitome of arrogance and worse yet ignorance .much like nero--they have fiddled while rome burned.

I wonder if there are any stipulations that require Rutgers to play a certain number of home, conference games at Giants Stadium or The Linc each year. Do you think Rutgers would say "no"?

Would Snooki say "No" to free drinks. Not likely.

Rutger is like the dog waiting at the door for his master who just arrived home from a week of vacation...just a slobberin' all over themselves sayin' "YES, YES, YES, for pete's sake YESSSSSSS" before the invite was even delivered.

you sir are right on the money---the ones that have been dead wrong are the ones that have denied the ru upsurge and have lived in the past and worse yet---continue to do so--they have been the epitome of arrogance and worse yet ignorance .much like nero--they have fiddled while rome burned.

Arrogant and ignorant, are those who think a handful of internet posters can influence a teams success, facilities, recruiting, which conference they are in, wins, loses etc.

In fact the type of people that can influence those things, even if only slightly, are those that say "I'm done" and give up their season tickets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: CIL

Tipp, did you happen to catch the score of the Rutgers vs. St Peter's BB game the other night?

I see rutgers is already spending that big 10 money. A big RU to the Big 10 ad in rotation as I came out of the lincoln tunnel tonight.

Arrogant and ignorant, are those who think a handful of internet posters can influence a teams success, facilities, recruiting, which conference they are in, wins, loses etc.

In fact the type of people that can influence those things, even if only slightly, are those that say "I'm done" and give up their season tickets.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
that would be me ---giving them to my son----along with my LONG STANDING su tradition and daughter su law and maxwell mpa, two sisters with masters from su and one brother as well.--- how many fans do think stopped getting seasons or going to games that DO NOT post here????look at attendance lately,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom