Rutgers Transfers | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Transfers

Hypocrisy is alive and well. I like how Rutger's improvement don't mean jack but when we went 4-8 in 2017 and played a few close games to LSU and Miami everyone said we were heading in the right direction. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth. Either you see improvement during losses or you don't. Rutgers didn't see improvement in their losses last year, this year they are, same as us in 2017. Where don't you see improvement in the losses? SU 2020.
Dude they are 1-4. Chris Ash was Grob level bad, they could have put their Cheerleaders and band on the field this year and been improved. They lost to a Michigan team that that lost at home to Sparty, and they lost to Illinois with their backup qb.

Dude they are 1-4. Chris Ash was Grob level bad, they could have put their Cheerleaders and band on the field this year and been improved. They lost to a Michigan team that that lost at home to Sparty, and they lost to Illinois with their backup qb.
I never said they were going to win the B10 this year. But to put it very simply, Rutgers is trending up and we are trending down and there really is no way to deny that fact. You can dissect it, say it won't last, etc, etc but that is the current reality, maybe not last year's or next year's but that is today's reality. Our 2017 team lost to MTSU and finished the season by giving up an avg of 50ppg to 3 unranked teams but we were heading in the right direction.(2-8 vs P5 schools)

I never said they were going to win the B10 this year. But to put it very simply, Rutgers is trending up and we are trending down and there really is no way to deny that fact. You can dissect it, say it won't last, etc, etc but that is the current reality, maybe not last year's or next year's but that is today's reality. Our 2017 team lost to MTSU and finished the season by giving up an avg of 50ppg to 3 unranked teams but we were heading in the right direction.(2-8 vs P5 schools)
I don't disagree that we are trending down, If I was i charge I would made a coaching change. If your comparing Rutgers to what they were last year are they improved? Yes. But if they go 2-7, 1-8 this year what does that mean? Ped st and Michigan aren't going to be this bad next year, Indiana is legit, Tom Allen is a heck of a coach. Sparty is bad this year but they still have pedigree, Maryland isn't that bad, where does Rutgers fit into that landscape?

I don't disagree that we are trending down, If I was i charge I would made a coaching change. If your comparing Rutgers to what they were last year are they improved? Yes. But if they go 2-7, 1-8 this year what does that mean? Ped st and Michigan aren't going to be this bad next year, Indiana is legit, Tom Allen is a heck of a coach. Sparty is bad this year but they still have pedigree, Maryland isn't that bad, where does Rutgers fit into that landscape?
Rutgers has an impossibly hard schedule, only 3 OOC games and they fill 2 of those with P5 opponents, if we had rutgers schedule then you could buy some of dinos excuses, I can only imagine what the schianoman would do for our schedule

if the transfers pay off and rutgers starts winning a few their recruiting wlii get better. schiano can recruit as can his staff. its new world out there phat, check with boeheim, he knows something about transfers
Boeheim coaches basketball, which is very different.
The only program that has had long term success using the transfer market as a main source of recruits was Kstate under Bill Snyder. I agree that we could be doing a better job in the transfer market, but I think it's premature to say that Rutgers' strategy is successful. I mean, we could very well be 1-4 with their schedule.

You've never heard of a team looking ahead or coming out flat? How about before the BC game everyone mentioning teams records the week after clemson. I watched BC-Clemson BC-SU and BC-ND, one of the performances did not look like the others. They beat us by 100 the year before at the dome and their coach still was fired. Now they have a better coach a better team and see a 1-6 team next, it's fair to say they overlooked us. Brian kelly was talking about how ND had their worse week of practice after the clemson game until they finally got going thursday, ND beat clemson and are the #2 team in the country, BC is no clemson. You could also add in that jurkovec missed how many deep balls, BC said after the ND game he seperated his shoulder in the clemson game.
They didnt over look anything. Hafley wants to destroy us every chance he gets. We compete against them for recruits and its a rival game. They dont go into a week saying we are gonna take it easy. Playing hurt is a completely different argument. Thats understandable. He was banged up a bit and didnt play his best. That happens but I wouldnt say they over looked us. Over looking and playing flat is two different things.

Rutgers fan here. I read this thread with interest, because I'm not a fan of building a program with transfers. However, this year and this time is different. When Rutgers used to get transfers, they would come from places like Nassau Community College, or sometimes kids that were at big time programs, but really weren't performing. More often than not, they didn't pan out, but they were sometimes used as a temporary stopgap measure.

Why are things different now? Two words - Transfer Portal. It's really a game changer, and when Schiano was hired, he had already identified several high caliber candidates from schools like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. HIs plan seems to be working, and transfers have made meaningful contributions and have had a very significant impact.

Let's face it, Rutgers football has been terrible for the last four years. The blowouts were embarrassing, and the team needed an immediate infusion of talent to become competitive. Schiano's plan is working, and even when we are able to rebuild our roster, I bet that Schiano will continue to mine the transfer portal. I don't think that the NUMBER of transfers will resemble what we have now, but I'm sure that Schiano will continue to snag some highly rated transfer prospects. Schiano is known for identifying and recruiting talented players, as well as incredible attention to detail and preparation. That alone will turn the program around.

I think that Babers is also a good choice for Syracuse. Many alums wanted him at Rutgers. You are having a tough year now, but Babers will have the team back. I'm looking forward to continuing our series in the next few years. I think that the teams should play each other every year - it would be good for both programs and fans in our region.

Rutgers fan here. I read this thread with interest, because I'm not a fan of building a program with transfers. However, this year and this time is different. When Rutgers used to get transfers, they would come from places like Nassau Community College, or sometimes kids that were at big time programs, but really weren't performing. More often than not, they didn't pan out, but they were sometimes used as a temporary stopgap measure.

Why are things different now? Two words - Transfer Portal. It's really a game changer, and when Schiano was hired, he had already identified several high caliber candidates from schools like Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio State. HIs plan seems to be working, and transfers have made meaningful contributions and have had a very significant impact.

Let's face it, Rutgers football has been terrible for the last four years. The blowouts were embarrassing, and the team needed an immediate infusion of talent to become competitive. Schiano's plan is working, and even when we are able to rebuild our roster, I bet that Schiano will continue to mine the transfer portal. I don't think that the NUMBER of transfers will resemble what we have now, but I'm sure that Schiano will continue to snag some highly rated transfer prospects. Schiano is known for identifying and recruiting talented players, as well as incredible attention to detail and preparation. That alone will turn the program around.

I think that Babers is also a good choice for Syracuse. Many alums wanted him at Rutgers. You are having a tough year now, but Babers will have the team back. I'm looking forward to continuing our series in the next few years. I think that the teams should play each other every year - it would be good for both programs and fans in our region.
Fair points

Boeheim coaches basketball, which is very different.
The only program that has had long term success using the transfer market as a main source of recruits was Kstate under Bill Snyder. I agree that we could be doing a better job in the transfer market, but I think it's premature to say that Rutgers' strategy is successful. I mean, we could very well be 1-4 with their schedule.
i did not intend it to be that they are successful --yet-- but they have improved significantly---something that we have failed to do. i was addressing that the implied meaning was transfers will not help. and dismissing the idea in general. that is archaic thinking. additionally, i did not say to use transfers as the PRIMARY source of recruits. you say hoops is different a few years ago i would agree, however times have changed and we use the tools available to us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom