Rutgers Transfers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rutgers Transfers

Rutgers is proof of what a good coach can accomplish. Last year they lost to Michigan 52-0 and this year it was 48-42. He took one of the worst teams in college football and made them competitive within a year
Lol did you just call Schiano a good coach? They lost to Illinois at home and Michigan stinks this year.

Michigan offensively dominated Rutgers.
Rutgers offense wasn’t dominated.
Michigan won which is good but they have major problems the rest of this season.

Rutgers is competitive enough to beat one more team.
penn st is the only unmotivated team left on their schedule. Penn st might have packed it in enough to lose to rutgers.

Say what you want about Schiano, he’s pushing the right buttons right now. Last night was a 4 hour recruiting infomercial.
Why? Michigan is awful. Msu beat them in the big house. Wisc beat them by 30.

SU wouldn’t beat either Michigan, Rutgers or Penn State. They all would be double digit favorites against SU. So much for having easy out of conference games next year with Rutgers and Liberty on the schedule.

SU wouldn’t beat either Michigan, Rutgers or Penn State. They all would be double digit favorites against SU. So much for having easy out of conference games next year with Rutgers and Liberty on the schedule.
Rutgers will be losing a lot of those transfers and their better players.Rutgers won't be good next year don't put it in the loss column yet.

rutgers are in a different position we are in. We needed a few transfers for certian postions ( OT, WR, DT) but rutgers is in a rebuild. They got rid of several players that allowed them to brings in a bunch of transfer. We are not in positon to do that. What we fail in is development of the players we recruited.

We could next year. Anyone who is a RS-SR, SR, or RS-JR doesn't technically count against the 85 limit next year. Only JRs, RS-Soph, Soph, RS-FR, FR will. How many of those will we have? We shoudl have space to add grad transfers.
I agree. We are frustrated with the current state of the team. No one predicted we would be this bad. 5-7 season made us all skeptical but there wasnt eye popping evidence of failure to develop and produce quality depth unitl this year. With the things you mention, we should now be more agressive in the transfer market. I agree with the offense needing a tune up.

The O was horrid the first 4 ACC games last year. After the 2nd bye we at least looked to be heading in the right direction for this year but instead we reverted. There were also depth issues last year. We had no DTs so we were forced to play our FB there. We had no upperclassmen on the OL so we had to play youngins there. WR none of the young guys got on the field. It wasn't as noticeable because of Trishton but people mentioned it. QB we had a walk on in when Tommy was hurt. LBs had no depth so we were forced to start the year in a 4-2-5. That position at least seems to be fixed. Many of the issues we see this year are lingering from last year.

We could next year. Anyone who is a RS-SR, SR, or RS-JR doesn't technically count against the 85 limit next year. Only JRs, RS-Soph, Soph, RS-FR, FR will. How many of those will we have? We shoudl have space to add grad transfers.

The O was horrid the first 4 ACC games last year. After the 2nd bye we at least looked to be heading in the right direction for this year but instead we reverted. There were also depth issues last year. We had no DTs so we were forced to play our FB there. We had no upperclassmen on the OL so we had to play youngins there. WR none of the young guys got on the field. It wasn't as noticeable because of Trishton but people mentioned it. QB we had a walk on in when Tommy was hurt. LBs had no depth so we were forced to start the year in a 4-2-5. That position at least seems to be fixed. Many of the issues we see this year are lingering from last year.
We all saw that. Its just wasnt as obvious until this year. That why I said eye popping. When other guys have to play due to injuries and the replacements are not good or you have to fill those spots up with true freshmans Thats when you really see the lack of development.

And yes we should go all in this year on transfers. My comments were based on previous years.

I can't argue with any of that and it definitely helps Mich st has a new coach and Michigan has fallen off the map but they made huge gains inside of a year. Pretty frustrating to see how much they have improved and how far we have regressed. Now the 2 worst power 5 teams are Kansas 7 Syracuse imo

In a normal year we are better than Rutgers this year.

SMU did a similar thing, now days transfers aren't one year fixes, most have 2-3 years left, mark my words rutgers will win at least one more game this season. Next years schedule is brutal (thank god we're in the ACC!!) but I wouldn't be shocked if he gets them bowling. Making a bowl at rutgers is 10x harder than making one here.

Why? Michigan is awful. Msu beat them in the big house. Wisc beat them by 30.
And if we lost in 3 ot to an 0-5 Penn State in the Dome, and looked reasonably competent in doing so, that’d be no big deal.

Hey recruit we didn't lose by 52 come play here. We took an awful Michigan team to ot don't go to Ohio st.
You don't think you can sell a recruit on the improvement vs us were we lost to a 2-6 L'ville team 30-0 and had a whopping 45 yards paasing? Ha...ok...

You don't think you can sell a recruit on the improvement vs us were we lost to a 2-6 L'ville team 30-0 and had a whopping 45 yards paasing? Ha...ok...

Rutgers had 45 yards passing every game for 5 years. How did they ever get a recruit?

Rutgers had 45 yards passing every game for 5 years. How did they ever get a recruit?

I've already stated that they were a laughingstock & he has them vastly improved within a year in large part by hammering the transfer portal & bringing in 17 kids

I've already stated that they were a laughingstock & he has them vastly improved within a year in large part by hammering the transfer portal & bringing in 17 kids

Oh. Must be they’re the only ones capable of “improving”.

Not for nothing, but when we improve next year I expect to win more than 1 game, not just lose by fewer points.

Are you comparing them to us we know how bad we are im talking about them in the college football landscape. They lost to a bad Michigan team. They lost to Illinois and their backup QB the kid can't throw the ball he ran it all over them. Osu steamrolled them. Indiana beat them going away.

Are you comparing them to us we know how bad we are im talking about them in the college football landscape. They lost to a bad Michigan team. They lost to Illinois and their backup QB the kid can't throw the ball he ran it all over them. Osu steamrolled them. Indiana beat them going away.
Yes, they are still bad but seem to be heading in a better direction than we are...Every college football talking head has been impressed with their year over year improvement? As of right now who do you think is in a better position? Year 5 with Dino or Year 1 with Gerg and the IROC?

We lost by 3 to a 5-3 Bc team and I was disappointed.
I’m disappointed whenever we lose, disgusted sometimes. Unfortunately the trend recently is too often towards the latter.

Yes, they are still bad but seem to be heading in a better direction than we are...Every college football talking head has been impressed with their year over year improvement? As of right now who do you think is in a better position? Year 5 with Dino or Year 1 with Gerg and the IROC?
What exactly has impressed you with Rutgers this year?

We lost by 3 to a 5-3 Bc team and I was disappointed.
You really don't think BC losing to clemson by 6 after leading the whole game and having ND the following week at home did not lead to them coming out flat and overlooking us.

You really don't think BC losing to clemson by 6 after leading the whole game and having ND the following week at home did not lead to them coming out flat and overlooking us.
lol where is this thought coming from? There is no doubt Hafley coached BC just as hard during SU prep. You dont coach your team to take weeks off. It can damage the culture you are building. Sometimes teams play flat or certain schemes bother them. It doesnt mean they didnt play hard. They didnt have starters sit out. They played the starters through out the whole game. What are we talking about here?

Last edited:
lol where is this thought coming from? There is no doubt Hafley coached BC just as hard during SU prep. You dont coach your team to take weeks off. It can damage the culture you are building. Sometimes teams play flat or certain schemes bother them. It doesnt mean they didnt play hard. They didnt have starters sit out. They played the starters through out the whole game. What are we talking about here?
You've never heard of a team looking ahead or coming out flat? How about before the BC game everyone mentioning teams records the week after clemson. I watched BC-Clemson BC-SU and BC-ND, one of the performances did not look like the others. They beat us by 100 the year before at the dome and their coach still was fired. Now they have a better coach a better team and see a 1-6 team next, it's fair to say they overlooked us. Brian kelly was talking about how ND had their worse week of practice after the clemson game until they finally got going thursday, ND beat clemson and are the #2 team in the country, BC is no clemson. You could also add in that jurkovec missed how many deep balls, BC said after the ND game he seperated his shoulder in the clemson game.

Hypocrisy is alive and well. I like how Rutger's improvement don't mean jack but when we went 4-8 in 2017 and played a few close games to LSU and Miami everyone said we were heading in the right direction. Stop talking out both sides of your mouth. Either you see improvement during losses or you don't. Rutgers didn't see improvement in their losses last year, this year they are, same as us in 2017. Where don't you see improvement in the losses? SU 2020.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom