Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU

I'd take Cuse in February over Tallahassee in August by a huge margin. Shoveling snow >>> having to machete through the air
Amen to that. My kids complain when I keep the house at 68. Too damn hot.

I have to routinely check 1 of their rooms, because he was keeping it in the 30s. Thats a bit excessive, but its almost always easier to put on a layer and be comfy, than escape from oppressive heat.
To each their own. I've played volleyball, basketball, and ultimate frisbee in southern 100 degree heat and humidity and prefer that to to the snow and cold. And I don't miss my cars rusting out from underneath me either.

I hate layers.

Sure it’s concerning seeing the movement. But, couple of things that I think about...

1) Assistant/staffer life is a tough life. It’s very common to move consistently to elevate your status, especially early on.

2) Riding the struggle bus for a couple of years, job security means something.

3) Upstate NY Winter is a hard life with weather & such, some people just don’t like it when they get here.

4) The pandemic has affected a great many things, and where you want to live may be one of them. NYS has not made it the easiest place to navigate.

5) Taxes suck on big money. That’s real.

Probably a combination of a number of these things and others.

There will be plenty of capable people to fill the roles.

Super well said.

We are an Internet chat board so we have to make a big deal about EVERYTHING, but cue la vie. Onward.

Does he have good contacts? That's what seems to be most important in this kind of job. Bear's Dad?

Interesting thought.
Is he working in football now? Does he do something with recruiting elsewhere or is it assumed that he knows how recruiting works and knows how to/already has connections?

Does he have good contacts? That's what seems to be most important in this kind of job. Bear's Dad?
You don’t need a Rolodex. Every team in America has a database with every HS coaches information in there. Recruiting is sales. It’s about building relationships and selling kids AND coaches on why they should choose Syracuse. Lobdell is a very interesting outside the box idea. If I remember correctly, he could have gone pretty much anywhere but he chose us. Always seemed charismatic and could really put himself into both recruits, their families and coaches shoes. Much better than Kramer Cook or whoever the seemingly next recruiting staffer to be here for a year or two would do. If not Lobdell, maybe another alum who suited up for the orange? Wouldn’t hurt to have one on staff.

I’ve known Lavar my entire life. My mom taught him in 1st grade and then 4th at HW Smith and went to Levy with me. He is an incredible human being and super smart in general and even smarter with football. He would be a great hire to me and would very much be like Mike Hart how he is perceived. Love it

Florida Nice weather no State taxes. Syracuse not so much.

Director of HS Relations

Bartow is responsible for managing the recruiting interactions between Syracuse University, prospective student-athletes, and the staffs of the high schools they attend. He evaluates prospects to determine their position on the program’s recruiting board and assists in hosting prospects and their families during campus visits.

When Babers was first hired by SU JB Gerald held this position. He is now a teacher at Washington Jesuit Academy.

Reading the job description I don't see this as a position that needs strong recruiting background.

Director of HS Relations

Bartow is responsible for managing the recruiting interactions between Syracuse University, prospective student-athletes, and the staffs of the high schools they attend. He evaluates prospects to determine their position on the program’s recruiting board and assists in hosting prospects and their families during campus visits.

When Babers was first hired by SU JB Gerald held this position. He is now a teacher at Washington Jesuit Academy.

Reading the job description I don't see this as a position that needs strong recruiting background.
Are you ready for a second career? :)

Director of HS Relations

I would think a recruiting background or at least good contacts would be helpful for the position. That's how you get a head start on under the radar prospects. We've seen that w/ both Bartow and Boller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom