Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Bartow leaving for FSU

Abandon ship
I was thinking the same thing. Is everyone jumping ship. Are we just not willing to pay what other schools do. Interesting with Florida state since it usually recruits itself based on location and name.

Sure it’s concerning seeing the movement. But, couple of things that I think about...

1) Assistant/staffer life is a tough life. It’s very common to move consistently to elevate your status, especially early on.

2) Riding the struggle bus for a couple of years, job security means something.

3) Upstate NY Winter is a hard life with weather & such, some people just don’t like it when they get here.

4) The pandemic has affected a great many things, and where you want to live may be one of them. NYS has not made it the easiest place to navigate.

5) Taxes suck on big money. That’s real.

Probably a combination of a number of these things and others.

There will be plenty of capable people to fill the roles.

Lol some of you crack me
Up, look at his track record, our recruiting has been slightly better but not much... this is what happens at lower level schools, this is who we are. In English premier terms we are like burnley... anyone that is decent will get poached or move onto “better” things

Some of you should be used to this. You’ve been on these boards long enough to understand the coaching business. Coaching college football is a revolving door. When you have guys that are valuable they will get poached. Stop looking at records. There’s a lot of great coaches that coach on bad teams. Including operations people.

Geez everyone, he was offered a promotion, and he took it.
He was offered a lateral role for a program in the same division as us that he took. If you want to call it a promotion, that’s on you.

Some of you should be used to this. You’ve been on these boards long enough to understand the coaching business. Coaching college football is a revolving door. When you have guys that are valuable they will get poached. Stop looking at records. There’s a lot of great coaches that coach on bad teams. Including operations people.
Ryan was not a Syracuse guy and was never going to stay here long term. He is strictly a hired gun looking for the biggest paycheck possible.

I wish him success at FSU and thank him for doing some decent work while he was here.