Ryan Nassib struggling during OTAs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib struggling during OTAs

0.0%??? well alrighty then.

id say hes more than just a camp arm.

but i suppose you know best, funny thing is... ive never read 1 post of yours telling us nassib will cut till now.

I have been saying it for weeks. If you care enough feel free to go back and read my posts, I've been pretty consistent on this

I have been saying it for weeks. If you care enough feel free to go back and read my posts, I've been pretty consistent on this

You were also pretty consistent in telling us that the signing of Josh Freeman was going to lead to Nassib put on the practice squad or traded to the first taker. That worked out splendidly for you.

Come on, man. 10 years ago no one reported on training camp, much less voluntary OTA's. People didn't even know what OTA's were. Now reporters are telling millions via twitter anything that comes to their heads when in reality players are standing around in shorts studying the playbook. A receiver can run a wrong route and as a result the QB overthrows him and suddenly the QB is "struggling." It's a bunch of crap.

You were also pretty consistent in telling us that the signing of Josh Freeman was going to lead to Nassib put on the practice squad or traded to the first taker. That worked out splendidly for you.
The fact they signed Painter and Freeman tells you how they feel about Nassib. The fact Freeman isn't there now doesn't change that fact. Painter can play some and other capable backup QB's will be on the open market before September. If the Giants loved or liked Nassib they wouldn't be dumpster diving for vet and mediocre QB's to be Eli's back-up.

Stern said:
The fact they signed Painter and Freeman tells you how they feel about Nassib. The fact Freeman isn't there now doesn't change that fact. Painter can play some and other capable backup QB's will be on the open market before September. If the Giants loved or liked Nassib they wouldn't be dumpster diving for vet and mediocre QB's to be Eli's back-up.

First, Painter was already on the roster. Second, Freeman is the only QB they brought in new this year. With his past success, you have to take a look when you have no experience behind Eli. So no, the Giants haven't been dumpster diving for vet and mediocre QB's. And you were completely wrong on Freeman. It didn't cause Nassib to be let go.

Letting your imagination create narratives which have little or no real substantiation is dangerous and delusional , and can lead to sociopathic disorders.

Ryan Nassib Progress Meter

Can Nassib earn the backup quarterback job? Nassib has received the majority of reps behind Eli Manning this spring. During workouts media has had access to, the second-year quarterback out of Syracuse has not been impressive.

"He's worked very hard. He studied hard and he can direct traffic out here," said head coach Tom Coughlin. "We just need to get the execution where we need it to be."

Nassib threw three interceptions with media watching during last Thursday's OTA. If he continues to play like that Curtis Painter will once again end up backing up Manning. Keep an eye on Nassib's progress through OTAs.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/6/17/5810144/ny-giants-mini-camp-preview-schedule-what-to-watch-for

Ryan Nassib Progress Meter

Can Nassib earn the backup quarterback job? Nassib has received the majority of reps behind Eli Manning this spring. During workouts media has had access to, the second-year quarterback out of Syracuse has not been impressive.

"He's worked very hard. He studied hard and he can direct traffic out here," said head coach Tom Coughlin. "We just need to get the execution where we need it to be."

Nassib threw three interceptions with media watching during last Thursday's OTA. If he continues to play like that Curtis Painter will once again end up backing up Manning. Keep an eye on Nassib's progress through OTAs.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/6/17/5810144/ny-giants-mini-camp-preview-schedule-what-to-watch-for

If you watch the video in the article posted by Finwad a Nassib pick was simply because he hit his receiver in the hands and he whiffed ... the ball was knocked in the air and snagged by a defender ... goes as an INT for Nassib but should have been an easy completion ... more to the game then just numbers.

Giants would obviously like Nassib to be the guy. Have him be a solid backup for 2-3 seasons, then use him as tradebait. As a NYG fan, I would like to see Nassib stay on the roster, but if he is still throwing 70 mph screens, then he should be let go. Painter isn't worthy of the backup spot.

Giants would obviously like Nassib to be the guy. Have him be a solid backup for 2-3 seasons, then use him as tradebait. As a NYG fan, I would like to see Nassib stay on the roster, but if he is still throwing 70 mph screens, then he should be let go. Painter isn't worthy of the backup spot.
thats the thing rocco, the 'plan' is for nassib to 'win' the #2 job.

but they certainly wont just give it to him, and i hope they dont create a 3rd QB spot this year as well.

and LOL on the 70mph screens, expecially with this new offense

the fact that they are going to camp with only 3 arms is a good thing for him, hes gonna get the reps and reality is that he 'wins' it by at least tying painter.

its all good though, stern told us nassib has a 0.0% chance of making it, so we are wasting our time discussing it.

i still think if GB goes with 2 that they grab the spare, unless the body of preseason work is beyond pitiful.

1 of the best camp battles will be the Hyno v the Terminator.

thats the thing rocco, the 'plan' is for nassib to 'win' the #2 job.

but they certainly wont just give it to him, and i hope they dont create a 3rd QB spot this year as well.

and LOL on the 70mph screens, expecially with this new offense

the fact that they are going to camp with only 3 arms is a good thing for him, hes gonna get the reps and reality is that he 'wins' it by at least tying painter.

its all good though, stern told us nassib has a 0.0% chance of making it, so we are wasting our time discussing it.

i still think if GB goes with 2 that they grab the spare, unless the body of preseason work is beyond pitiful.

1 of the best camp battles will be the Hyno v the Terminator.

I always liked Hynoski in what small sample size I saw him, but, John Connor is somebody that is very interesting too. Only 1 stays, who's your money on?

I always liked Hynoski in what small sample size I saw him, but, John Connor is somebody that is very interesting too. Only 1 stays, who's your money on?
It will be interesting. They both start on a level playing field. Since there is a new OC, Hynoski doesn't have the advantage of knowing the system. Is he fully recovered from his injury? That could be key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom