Ryan Nassib struggling during OTAs | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Nassib struggling during OTAs

Alec hasn't received too much press during OTA's - but he feels he's doing well. He's sitting at 210 with only 8% body fat and fully healthy for a change :)

Really rooting for him to make the squad this season!

How's he doing with special teams? I don't recall him doing any teams duty at SU, but it could be his way onto the 53 man roster!

Last edited:
Being on the team last year, albeit on IR, helped him quite a bit. Strength, conditioning, understanding the system in general (granted it's a new playbook this season - but understanding a new playbook has always been a strength of his). O'Brien told him the other day that he sees him as a role player on the team able to do many things -- he's running routes out of all 3 WR positions as well as special teams units... I'd say his chances of making the final roster are very good - but this is the NFL... just never know...

Being on the team last year, albeit on IR, helped him quite a bit. Strength, conditioning, understanding the system in general (granted it's a new playbook this season - but understanding a new playbook has always been a strength of his). O'Brien told him the other day that he sees him as a role player on the team able to do many things -- he's running routes out of all 3 WR positions as well as special teams units... I'd say his chances of making the final roster are very good - but this is the NFL... just never know...
Fingers crossed for one of the classiest families in program history!

QB Ryan NassibFor a role the team hopes to never use, the competition for backup quarterback has drawn plenty of eyes this offseason. After the Giants released Josh Freeman, the spot comes down to Ryan Nassib and Curtis Painter this summer. But Nassib, a fourth-round draft choice by the Giants last year, has shown notable improvement from his first to second year while saying McAdoo’s system fits him well since he came from a similar offense at Syracuse.
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...tood-out/3c49668f-4c5b-4b98-8204-90d397f40da1

New York Press is brutal... Nassib has two bad days, without pads on and the story on him goes from: has made leaps and bounds! Familiarity with offense! To, struggled mightily... Could be released shortly. This in TWO DAYS worth of OTA practices where he threw a couple picks.

I tell ya, they're great at creating their own stories and controversies though.

Ryan Nassib WILL NOT be released prior to training camp. Furthermore, I believe he'd have to have an absolutely terrible preseason to even consider it.

I loathe the "if it bleeds it leads" theory behind journalism and media. It's lead to sensationalism in every facet of news.

It's funny how they used his own statement that it "was going slowly" to lambaste him. Other than that, where is any evidence that he was doing bad in OTA's?

Coughlin himself said he was doing well, just needed to execute better.

3. Ryan Nassib is struggling to establish himself as an NFL quarterback, and I think Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone must have seen this coming. Marrone, of course, was head coach at Syracuse while Nassib was starring there, but when he got the Buffalo job Marron passed on the opportunity to select Nassib to be his franchise quarterback. Nassib struggled mightily with accuracy and decision-making during his first training camp and preseason, and is apparently having the same issues in his second season.
http://www.bigblueview.com/2014/6/15/5809574/ny-giants-devon-kennard-ryan-nassib-jon-beason-minicamp

I was hoping Nassib would improve those weaknesses regarding accuracy and vision and imo he needs a nice flow/rhythm and isn't a run/run/pass guy.

New York Press is brutal... Nassib has two bad days, without pads on and the story on him goes from: has made leaps and bounds! Familiarity with offense! To, struggled mightily... Could be released shortly. This in TWO DAYS worth of OTA practices where he threw a couple picks.

I tell ya, they're great at creating their own stories and controversies though.

Ryan Nassib WILL NOT be released prior to training camp. Furthermore, I believe he'd have to have an absolutely terrible preseason to even consider it.

I loathe the "if it bleeds it leads" theory behind journalism and media. It's lead to sensationalism in every facet of news.

If Nassib is struggling when guys aren't wearing pads and there is no hitting...then he has no chance in hell when the full contact practices starts. There usually improvement from year 1 to year 2, so this is a bad sign.

This isn't a media creation either, don't go blame the media cause Nassib can't play. Look we all love Ryan but he can't play on an NFL level. . This is the NFL, Nassib isn't on scholarship anymore. They don't have to keep him around ok. And the Giants are a Super Bowl contending team this season and they aren't going to enter the season with an unproven, untested, and not very good back-up QB. It's too important a position to risk it on. I don't know if he will be cut prior to training camp...but Nassib has 0.0% of making the 53 man roster! I have said it for weeks and now the media is reporting how he is doing poorly in non-contract drills. I mean if he is struggling now, its over for him.

Least surprising news I have heard today. Loved his senior year and thank him for helping SU win games, but Marrone should be given some sort of award for hyping him up to be an NFL draft pick.

I think Gruden hyped him up more than anybody.

Cheers,
Neil

If Nassib is struggling when guys aren't wearing pads and there is no hitting...then he has no chance in hell when the full contact practices starts. There usually improvement from year 1 to year 2, so this is a bad sign.

This isn't a media creation either, don't go blame the media cause Nassib can't play. Look we all love Ryan but he can't play on an NFL level. . This is the NFL, Nassib isn't on scholarship anymore. They don't have to keep him around ok. And the Giants are a Super Bowl contending team this season and they aren't going to enter the season with an unproven, untested, and not very good back-up QB. It's too important a position to risk it on. I don't know if he will be cut prior to training camp...but Nassib has 0.0% of making the 53 man roster! I have said it for weeks and now the media is reporting how he is doing poorly in non-contract drills. I mean if he is struggling now, its over for him.
0.0%??? well alrighty then.

id say hes more than just a camp arm.

but i suppose you know best, funny thing is.... ive never read 1 post of yours telling us nassib will cut till now.

i am more than on the record stating that the Giants should only put 2 QBs on the 53, dont really care if its him or painter. if push came to shove, i wouldve loved to see nassib as the guy because we know what painter can do...nothing. nassib would at least bring hope.

i thoroughly expected freeman to be the 2, that obviously went over like a lead zeppelin, which apparently gave a lot of people false hope that nassib was going to be fine. instead it was just that freeman was worse than last year, so why bother??

nassib (or painter) needs to be worried when flynn or tolzien gets cut.

thats an easy upgrade right there and 1 everyone here in the BigBlueUniverse would welcome.

it is really a shame he was the guy that the draft hype morons settled to make things interesting. now he looks like a guy that failed to live up to expectations when he has done great to even get to the NFL

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blog...tood-out/3c49668f-4c5b-4b98-8204-90d397f40da1

Huh, imagine that, a different take from Giants insiders that lists Nassib as a player who stood out at OTA's showing "notable improvement."

Every quarterback in America and beyond struggles at various times in and out of season... Wether it be during 7-on-7's with no pads or during crunch time, it happens... And it happens for a multitude of reasons. We haven't seen Nassib live since last preseason. And I could give two shats wether he quarter backed Syracuse or not, no emotional attachment there.

Never once blamed the media for Nassib's struggles. My point, was that the media changes course every 15 minutes based on snap assessments.

Ok?

I don't know if Nassib makes the roster, and it agree they shouldn't carry more than 2 qb's. But I've seen them carry worse, and I think they're going to give him every opportunity to be that guy.

Last edited:

Huh, imagine that, a different take from Giants insiders that lists Nassib as a player who stood out at OTA's showing "notable improvement."

Every quarterback in America and beyond struggles at various times in and out of season... Wether it be during 7-on-7's with no pads or during crunch time, it happens... And it happens for a multitude of reasons. We haven't seen Nassib live since last preseason. And I could give two shats wether he quarter backed Syracuse or not, no emotional attachment there.
It happened last season to Terrel Hunt

I still think it's a media creation. NY media is beyond awful.

So Ryan is either failing or excelling. I'm not convinced there's any credible insider reporting of either situation. So, silence is golden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom