Ryan Smith | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ryan Smith

Rivals lists him at 5'7 150 pounds. In addition to New Mexico, he is said to have offers from Colorado State and Utah State. His HS program won 4 straight state championships while he was there.

I too would assume he is going to come to Syracuse and play slot receiver for us.

Link

Would love a Darren Sproles in this offense.

It may have been that when I left, as well (1998). I was trying to remember the exact rule but I knew it wasn't immediate.
My understanding is its immediate. Considering school fiscal year starts July 1st he should be eligible after that at the latest for free tuition. Does not cover R&B though.

Full or partial tuition expenses towards your dependent is what the school says.. not a full ride by any means.

I remember losing a wr to a new coach in New Mexico in Marrones first year I believe it was the first year...out of DC to Locksley. How did it turn out for him? I know the team was a mess but did the kid make any NFL roster?
You're thinking of Derrell Person, He committed before the coaching change and either his offer wasn't there after Marrone was hired or he decommitted when Gerg was fired.

You're thinking of Derrell Person, He committed before the coaching change and either his offer wasn't there after Marrone was hired or he decommitted when Gerg was fired.

Thanks bnoro, I just can't recall these names anymore...ok actually ever. How did he end up doing?

I know, I know...it is my friend. I'm lazy, what can I say? Plus, I was hoping for some inside info that your google couldn't provide!
hahaha i have no idea but based on that google search he didn't do much... Glad we kept Lemon

Sometimes, when you have people on "ignore" you see a post that makes absolutely no sense. I like to call it The Cali-fly Effect.
Always fun to be ridiculed. It makes my day so I can count on the the daily hit.:p

Three - Star on Rivals. Son of rumored new RB coach DeAndre Smith. Don't know if we move on him or not, but here's his film.

I see excellent speed,concentration and hands.All something the team can use effectively.

And the size of Steve Rene.

That is who he reminds me of. He is inbetween a slot WR and a scat back.

Hope I am wrong.. Just would rather have him as Walk-on

When you say scat and back together I start to look for the Roger Springfield reference in this thread.

he was playing at a school that was beating teams in the top ten in the country and won 4 state titles. i dont think his sizes/peed was ever an issue. if anything his size is why he is only a 3 star

I would love to get this kid. And as great as it would be to not have him count against our scholarship limit, he is worth the spot, in my opinion. I think people forget what a success guys like Wes Welker and even Danny Woodhead have been for New England. In the video, not only was Smith out running the defender, he was out running his QB. He usually had to slow down or adjust to an under-thrown ball because out ran it. Guys like this are hell for defenders to cover and electric with the ball in their hands. Sign me up...or better sign him up.

Rivals lists him at 5'7 150 pounds. In addition to New Mexico, he is said to have offers from Colorado State and Utah State. His HS program won 4 straight state championships while he was there.

I too would assume he is going to come to Syracuse and play slot receiver for us.

Link

The QB in that video is rated 4 stars and committed to arizona. offers from colorado, arizona state, illinois, ucla and unlv. did he look like he was 4 stars good?

We need speed especially on kick-returns, and a coaches son probably won't make as many stupid plays, as some of our guys did last year. The threat of returning a kickoff puts pressure on the other team, and helps with field position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom