Class of 2021 - S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
austin-powers-mike-myers.gif

Tony White with HC dollar signs in his eyes with this secondary and I’m here for it!

Clark and Oliver are 2 impact safeties that will play big roles day 1 and having them on campus for spring is huge. They bring size, speed and athleticism. Looks good too, that they were both pretty highly rated coming out of high school.
We have some LEGIT playmakers in this secondary and DEPTH.

Safety: Clark, Oliver, Simmons, Carter, Hanna, Barron

Corner: Williams, Chestnut and I think the staff makes a hard push for the 6-4 Dartmouth corner to be our 3rd corner.

Add that on top of arguably the best linebacker core in the ACC…if our D-line is just average. Watch out. Wow

Clark and Oliver are 2 impact safeties that will play big roles day 1 and having them on campus for spring is huge. They bring size, speed and athleticism. Looks good too, that they were both pretty highly rated coming out of high school.

Corner: Williams, Chestnut and I think the staff makes a hard push for the 6-4 Dartmouth corner to be our 3rd corner.

Add that on top of arguably the best linebacker core in the ACC…if our D-line is just average. Watch out. Wow
And if our passing game can even be competent, forget above average, to pair with the best running back in the country… things could get spooky

Clark + Oliver added to an experienced nucleus of Simmons, Carter, and Barron.

Outstanding tools / position versatility to work with at safety next year!
Don't think we will be short on takeaway's this coming year. A lot of talent, should be able to cause opposing WR's a lot of problems.

Man I’m just thinking about this off season and the big time coaching hires (home runs). A couple big high school recruiting wins, I legitimately think every transfer we have taken in so far has been a big upgrade over what we had. It just makes me think what if we landed Verse…I can’t think of a stronger off season for Cuse football in my recent memory but man landing verse would have put us in another world lol

The quality of the play from the safety position has really stepped up with these transfers.
Some guys who played alot this past year will be on special teams in 2022.

Better coaches and players...depth. Could we maybe be "good" this fall?

Clark and Oliver, on top of the depth you noted, are huge additions ... taking a position that struggled with help over-top and adding speed and size like this ... really exciting. I still think we need to reel in a beast on the DL interior, and maybe a center. But so far, I couldn't be more pleased with the new staff and the talent coming in.

Last edited:
Clark and Oliver, on top of the depth you noted, are huge additions ... taking a position that struggled with help over-top and adding speed and size like this ... really exciting. I still think we need to reel in a beast on the DL interior, and maybe a center. But so far, I ouldn't be more pleased with the new staff and the talent coming in.
We needed cover safties. Clark and Oliver are big, rangy athletes. Add the tall CB from Dartmouth, and the pass defense has the potential to be much better.

Rutgers also had one of their rotation DTs enter the portal today.
Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the Orange door?

Status
Not open for further replies.