Class of 2021 - S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 S Alijah Clark (NJ) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/25/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clark + Oliver added to an experienced nucleus of Simmons, Carter, and Barron.

Outstanding tools / position versatility to work with at safety next year!

I was very worried about our safeties. The staff did a great job! Likely brought in 2 starters. And with Williams and Duce at cb - absolutely loaded secondary. Just need some beef up front to complete this defense.

I was very worried about our safeties. The staff did a great job! Likely brought in 2 starters. And with Williams and Duce at cb - absolutely loaded secondary. Just need some beef up front to complete this defense.
Secondary is set and I like to think there are four future pros in it.

Would be nice to add four more DB to the league on top of the three currently in it.

Next step is to get two or three OL in the league

Soo... I alerted some you a while back about a staff that was using unorthodox methods to keep players from entering the portal. Shady is as shady as it comes
But how can a coach stonewall a kid from portaling? The entire process is set up to give the player independence no?

When someone has the juice, you don't ask why.
Exactly.

Newbies, be happy some still share nuggets from time to time.

The best way to stop someone from posting inside info is to start trying to find out who they are and how they are getting the info.

It is quite simple. If you want nuggets to continue to be posted, don't ask these questions.

Very excited for the defense. Safety play was our weak link last year and it's been addressed in a big way.

Kudos all around. And great point made earlier in maintaining positive relationships even when kids initially choose another school. Our strength is the character of our coaches and it makes a difference in these situations.

Exactly.

The best way to stop someone from posting inside info is to start trying to find out who they are and how they are getting the info.

It is quite simple. If you want nuggets to continue to be posted, don't ask these questions.
Agree, the secret is to figure out our real insiders , and who are the blowhards. Our Clark insiders appear to be for real. If you pay attention you can figure it out.

But how can a coach stonewall a kid from portaling? The entire process is set up to give the player independence no?
fellas I don't know all the details. You kinda have read between the lines. You can call it pressuring, muscling , threating, etc... That's all I can say

Last edited:
Even taking into account the BS inflated rankings that the likes of Dohn gives to Rutgers commits, it still amazes me how well Schiano recruits, he just oozes jerk. There is nothing charming about the guy, he is a jerk and how parents/grandparents/kids don't see through his jerkiness is beyond me.

Ass clown Schiano couldn’t cry to the B1G refs to win this one. Go to hell NJ State and let’s win the ACC.

When people ask me why I don't like Schiano, the 2021 game is first thing I tell them about. That 10 minute crying rant by Schiano was unbelievable. I was hoarse for two days after I was done yelling at him.

Even taking into account the BS inflated rankings that the likes of Dohn gives to Rutgers commits, it still amazes me how well Schiano recruits, he just oozes jerk. There is nothing charming about the guy, he is a jerk and how parents/grandparents/kids don't see through his jerkiness is beyond me.
If there is one thing I’ve learned since about 2016…there is a large portion of our population that can’t spot a third rate grifter standing right in front of them.

In honor of MLK Day...I have a dream that Alijah sees that Duce was just named a Freshman AA and that 3 of our DB's just went to the NFL last year and decides to bring the Camden boys back together.
Who said dreams don't come true?

FE0B8167-96BA-48F9-8F5D-D5CF49376DA3.jpeg

fellas I don't know all the details. You kinda have read between the lines. You can call it pressuring, muscling , threating, etc... That's all I can say
Kids don't have complete independence yet. I was surprised to learn that the way the process works is the player informs his current school in writing that he intends to transfer. The school is then responsible for entering the player's name in the portal to allow contact from other programs. They supposedly have 48 hours to complete the listing. Now, I'm not sure what happens if they fail to do so. Maybe the NCAA has an infractions hot line where they player can request interventions. If that is the case, then failure to list Clark in the portal and the resultant complaint would probably have been adjudicated by the NCAA in time for Alijah's grandson to accept an offer.

Dohn just downgraded him to a 1 star.

I kid, I kid but it could still happen.
I'm happy Mr. Clark is joining the Orange and happy to hear he was a 4 star rated player coming out of high school. Just one question, was he a 4 star before or after he committed to Rutgirls?

Exactly.

The first rule about Fight Club is you do NOT talk about Fight Club.

Kids don't have complete independence yet. I was surprised to learn that the way the process works is the player informs his current school in writing that he intends to transfer. The school is then responsible for entering the player's name in the portal to allow contact from other programs. They supposedly have 48 hours to complete the listing. Now, I'm not sure what happens if they fail to do so. Maybe the NCAA has an infractions hot line where they player can request interventions. If that is the case, then failure to list Clark in the portal and the resultant complaint would probably have been adjudicated by the NCAA in time for Alijah's grandson to accept an offer.
Thanks for the information. Maybe some of it had to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom