Class of 2019 - S/CB Aman Greenwood (DC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S/CB Aman Greenwood (DC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Dear Aman,

1543459069498.jpeg

correct me if I am wrong... but without attrition of any kind other than graduation, Greenwood puts us at 84 players on ship.

If that is correct, we have room for one more guy at the early signing time...

Wonder who it will be (and when) that domino will fall.

Build that St. John's College HS pipeline...

This class is looking awesome now. Add a few more surprises and I'm very happy. Our lowest ranked guys are camp offers that never get highly ranked, and some raw potential guys. We're in great shape.

Nice pickup for Cuse and congrats to the young man and his parents. Good stuff. By the way saw in earlier response a reference to Okechukwu...totally forgot about that awesome pickup for dline late last class...both Greenwood and Okechuwu
56707566-CBF7-412A-9BA7-A99AE14E9C96.gif

This class has really done a great job of restocking the cupboard on D. I think we probably take one more interior DLine player and then fill the class out with offensive guys.

This class is looking awesome now. Add a few more surprises and I'm very happy. Our lowest ranked guys are camp offers that never get highly ranked, and some raw potential guys. We're in great shape.

It'd be great if we could maneuver this into a conversation with Tre'Mon Morris-Brash

Do you anticipate any surprises?

In the article which shall not be named, AG says he expects to come in as a frost and replace the senior at nickel. Is this a Cordy hint?
Noticed the same thing, and yeah you have to believe it is. Very odd that he didn't travel with the team to either NYC for ND nor Boston for the BC game. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field next season.

Noticed the same thing, and yeah you have to believe it is. Very odd that he didn't travel with the team to either NYC for ND nor Boston for the BC game. I wouldn't expect to see him on the field next season.

Is "him" Cordy? Or are you saying you don't expect Aman Greenwood to see the field next year? (or both, for that matter?).
Just curious...
I think AC is "done" for any of several reasons. And with our developing depth, I'd be impressed to see another true freshman make a significant impact in the defensive backfield. But if he's good enough, play him!

Continuing to rebuild the secondary. We have Cole coming in January, and in July Nunn (S), Williams (CB), Hewitt (CB?) and now Greenwood (S/CB).

We lose only Perkins and Cordy (absent for personal reasons). Ify, Trill, Fredrick, Coley, Scoop, Jones, Jonas, Cisco, and Foster are all back. Better and deeper.

Edit: Three of the lethal weapons in this class arrive in January also - Jordan (RB), Jones (LB) and Kpogba (LB). And our transfers, Adams (RB) and Jackson (WR), will go live. LOI's aren't signed for a couple weeks, but if all these kids come in we could have a level of talent not seen here since McNabb.

Last edited:
Continuing to rebuild the secondary. We have Cole coming in January, and in July Nunn (S), Williams (CB), Hewitt (CB?) and now Greenwood (S/CB).

We lose only Perkins and Cordy (absent for personal reasons). Ify, Trill, Fredrick, Coley, Scoop, Jones, Cisco, and Foster are all back. Better and deeper.

Edit: Three of the lethal weapons in this class arrive in January also - Jordan (RB), Jones (LB) and Kpogba (LB). And our transfers, Adams (RB) and Jackson (WR), will go live. LOI's aren't signed for a couple weeks, but if all these kids come in we'll have a level of talent not seen here since McNabb.

And recruiting them now is the smart thing to do as these secondary players will all be seniors next year. We'd be woefully thin at CB.

Fredrick CB
Bradshaw CB
Jones CB
Foster S
Johnson S

Is "him" Cordy? Or are you saying you don't expect Aman Greenwood to see the field next year? (or both, for that matter?).
Just curious...
I think AC is "done" for any of several reasons. And with our developing depth, I'd be impressed to see another true freshman make a significant impact in the defensive backfield. But if he's good enough, play him!
Him is Cordy yes.

I wonder if landing this many highly rated recruits within such a short time, is any indication that Dino has assured these guys that he isn't going anywhere.
I think HCDB feels he has something special here too. And make his legacy here.

I wonder if landing this many highly rated recruits within such a short time, is any indication that Dino has assured these guys that he isn't going anywhere.
You can't read that far into it. I'm sure the kids at BGSU thought the same before he left.

And I say that as someone pretty confident he's not going anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom