Class of 2019 - S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 S Dorian Hewett (TX) Committed to USC

Too bad... wanted to see how dynamic he could be.

Good luck to him.

Hewett didn't do it. Blew it. Should've SU'ed it.
Not to worry. Dino & Co. on the prowl.
Good fortune to Dorian.

We’ll get another shot at him in the transfer portal
giphy.gif

I can't blame him, and I feel solid about this group of secondary players anyway.

Good luck to him out in So Cal. Will definitely follow to see how it works out.

So here is my question for the coaches here. Great for the kid, big name program, yada yada. But given everything going on there, isn't it a huge gamble to go there - especially when you were a late recruit? Coaching staff seems likely to be canned soon, along with the AD. Will you fit in the next staff's plans?

So who is bringing these considerations up? His parents? What is his HS coach telling him? "Yeah, awesome, U$C, woohoo, go for it, smooth sailing, kid!" Would a HS coach bring that stuff up?

So here is my question for the coaches here. Great for the kid, big name program, yada yada. But given everything going on there, isn't it a huge gamble to go there - especially when you were a late recruit? Coaching staff seems likely to be canned soon, along with the AD. Will you fit in the next staff's plans?

So who is bringing these considerations up? His parents? What is his HS coach telling him? "Yeah, awesome, U$C, woohoo, go for it, smooth sailing, kid!" Would a HS coach bring that stuff up?

Word on the ground here in So Cal is that the program is not in a good state right now, a lot of alums are upset and the whole situation with Kingsbury was a bit of a PR fiasco. If I was a betting man, he'll have at least 2 coaching staffs while he's there.

Good luck to the young man. Not gonna be a hater...hopefully it works out for him. I think we are strong and 2 deep in our d backfield. We can recruit a few more dbs for next class. Moving on...

He would not have made the two or three deep. Maybe a little STs but to compete with Greenwood, Nunn, Cole and William, I don't think so and also with Trill, Cisco, Fredericks, Melifonwu , oh and Coley and Bradshaw. Good luck kid, you made a smart choice.

Wish him well at USC. We want kids at SU that really want to be here. I think it's been a while since he really had any interest in being on the hill.

He would not have made the two or three deep. Maybe a little STs but to compete with Greenwood, Nunn, Cole and William, I don't think so and also with Trill, Cisco, Fredericks, Melifonwu , oh and Coley and Bradshaw. Good luck kid, you made a smart choice.

ehh we have no idea how he would have fared when competing against the fellow 19 commits. I definitely don't think he is as talented as Nunn, but compared to the rest it's a crap shoot. I'm not sweating the loss, but we got beat straight up for a kid we really wanted. It happens. No need to justify it.

Eh. Whatevs.

Unfortunately I don't think many of these kids get much if any guidance about the recruiting process. I saw one HS last year have an actual presentation for student athletes regarding the recruiting process, what to expect, what requirements they need to meet, etc.

Good luck to the young man. Not gonna be a hater...hopefully it works out for him. I think we are strong and 2 deep in our d backfield. We can recruit a few more dbs for next class. Moving on...
Thats good, “Dorian, would you rather play for Dino at Syracuse or at USC?”

Feels like this may be a sign that Dino is heading to USC next year...
Well, time to trademark the “Pay Dino...Again!” Shirts for the clemson game

Reactions: gbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom