Class of 2022 - S Keon Sabb (NJ) Portal from Michigan to Alabama | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 S Keon Sabb (NJ) Portal from Michigan to Alabama

I would say yes. I'm not sure how many teams were heavy after McCord. Keon was set to be a starter on the defending natty winner and has multiple years. Every team in the country has a spot for a secondary player with multiple years who projects to be drafted.
Looking at the 2024 season I would disagree. The QB position without McCord is tremendously weaker than the S position without Sabb. If you’re looking at it more over the next couple of years, that’s a bit of a different conversation.

I wonder if Otto is in there now?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

mccord is the biggest piece by far. just massive.
the debate isn't who has a bigger impact, i'm talking a bigger win. Our competition will be literally every team in the country for Sabb. That wasn't the case for Mccord.

Its not about room at the inn, its about coffers having limits
Not everyone is getting $100K+ per year. I would venture a guess that less than a handful are getting $50K+.

He has been with a national championship-caliber program and played - but has not started full time. There is a lot of value in that, too. Especially given he is a rising junior and only has a couple more years to showcase his talents for the NFL.

I don't know what the market for this type of player is at the higher-level schools, but I don't think it's going to be break-the-bank type money. Especially at his position.

He is a rising junior who appears to only played in three games his freshman year which makes that freshman year eligible for a redshirt, I would consider him a redshirt-sophomore in 2024.

He played 360 snaps on defense and graded out very high on PFF. He can play. Unfortunately for him the two safeties ahead of him at Michigan decided to return for another year so his path to being a started appears to be blocked at Michigan.

IF he’s leaving cause he wants to start how does that work for him at Syracuse?

Star: Barron, Gould, Porter
Safety: Clark, Long*, Masters
Safety: Chestnut, Perry, Reirdon

CB: Grant, Martin, Buxton
CB: Bellamy, Barnes*, Delaine

* True freshman, early enrollees.

Do we put him at Safety and move Chestnut or Clark to CB to battle it out with Bellamy and Grant?

We definitely can use him. IMO, I would like to be three deep at each position with quality scholarship players. Currently we appear to barely be two deep at safety.

Masters moved to Safety from Corner.
Long is learning Safety and Corner

Walk-ons are in italics.

NIL is always part of the equation these days. Can we compete?

the debate isn't who has a bigger impact, i'm talking a bigger win. Our competition will be literally every team in the country for Sabb. That wasn't the case for Mccord.

you are now debating me about what the debate is about? oh, the humanity.

I heard they like their safety's but wouldnt say no to this type of talent
Interesting. Because looking at the depth chart I feel like we have a serious need for some DB infusion. We are light at both CB and safety spots especially considering we play 5 DB's. We have some solid guys but the combination of talent, experience and depth/numbers scares me a bit.

He is a rising junior who appears to only played in three games his freshman year which makes that freshman year eligible for a redshirt, I would consider him a redshirt-sophomore in 2024.

He played 360 snaps on defense and graded out very high on PFF. He can play. Unfortunately for him the two safeties ahead of him at Michigan decided to return for another year so his path to being a started appears to be blocked at Michigan.

Do we put him at Safety and move Chestnut or Clark to CB to battle it out with Bellamy and Grant?

We definitely can use him. IMO, I would like to be three deep at each position with quality scholarship players. Currently we appear to barely be two deep at safety.

Walk-ons are in italics.

So Long is the WR transfer to DB. Ha. That was my guess. :)

Walk-ons are in italics.

Honestly what is the chance that all 5 of the current projected starting DB's are all healthy? Seems slim for almost any game. Seems like a good chance he would be needed to be in the starting rotation. Our depth is thin. And Grant was a safety last year who is now playing CB for the first time as far as I know. I think we will be lucky if those 5 even make it to the start of the season healthy let alone all healthy during the season.

At least it seems like we should have a little flexibility with Deuce, Clark and Grant between safety and CB spots.

Offers from Temple, WVU, Pitt, NC ST, Rutgers, UMass, UMD, PSU, CMU, Florida, TAMU, Ole Miss, UGA, BC, Arizona St, Nebraska, FSU, Michigan, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tenn, VT, Syracuse
KEON SABB IN PORTAL FROM MICHIGAN ORIGINAL COMMIT TO CLEMSON '21 IMG ACADEMY< BRADENTON FL 5 STAR/
6'1" 208/ 4.45 40/ SS/FS
images (19).jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM

Tony Garcia
Detroit Free Press

The coaching staff turnover under new head coach Sherrone Moore has appeared to take its toll on at least one former Michigan football standout.
Keon Sabb, a rising junior defensive back who was expected to compete for a starting job in the secondary, has entered his name into the transfer portal, a team spokesman confirmed to the Free Press on Friday.
Sabb played in 18 games over two seasons with four starts; he recorded 28 tackles and two interceptions as a sophomore, including a career-high six tackles in the College Football Playoff championship game vs. Washington.
Michigan defensive back Keon Sabb runs after intercepting a ball from Indiana during the second half of U-M's 52-7 win over Indiana on Saturday, Oct. 14, 2023, in Ann Arbor.

A 4-star New Jersey native who finished high school at Florida's IMG Academy, Sabb was rated the No. 84 overall player in the country in the class of 2022 according to 247 Sports' composite rankings.
More:Michigan AD Warde Manuel: Assistants leaving for L.A. 'wasn't for lack of effort' to keep them

He marks the first notable departure (reserve lineman Reece Atterberry also entered the portal) since Jim Harbaugh left for Los Angeles and took almost the entire defensive staff with him, including defensive coordinator Jesse Minter, defensive analyst Rick Minter, defensive line coach Mike Elston, strength & conditioning coach Ben Herbert and perhaps most relevant to Sabb, former defensive backs coach Steve Clinkscale.
Reports earlier this week indicated Moore had agreed to a deal with Houston Texans secondary coach Stephen Adogoke to take over the position in Ann Arbor. But Adogoke reportedly reversed course and instead decided to stay in Houston on Thursday night.
Sabb, a 6-foot-1, 208-pound DB, has been in line at the safety position, where two spots could have been vacant had rising seniors Rod Moore or Makari Paige opted to enter the NFL draft. Both instead decided to stay at U-M for a final season, making the path to the field even more difficult.

Interesting. Because looking at the depth chart I feel like we have a serious need for some DB infusion. We are light at both CB and safety spots especially considering we play 5 DB's. We have some solid guys but the combination of talent, experience and depth/numbers scares me a bit.
I dont think they feel like they have all world players at safety. They just like what they have to work with there compared to the other positions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom