SA really taking it to the Heat! | Syracusefan.com

SA really taking it to the Heat!

Deano

All American
I for one am in total shock. After SA lost Game 2 I thought the series was over and Miami would end up winning 4-2, but I'm glad I am wrong so far. So many guys have stepped up for SA especially a guy who has tore it up the last two games, Leonard, that dunk he had tonight on the put back was awesome. Plus the steal he had against D. Wade. I hope they wrap it up at home on Sunday and send the Heat sulking for the summer.

My one prediction, I still think will happen, is if SA wraps it up Sunday Duncan will retire. I think it's fitting he go out that way. He's one of the class acts left in the NBA.

I for one am in total shock. After SA lost Game 2 I thought the series was over and Miami would end up winning 4-2, but I'm glad I am wrong so far. So many guys have stepped up for SA especially a guy who has tore it up the last two games, Leonard, that dunk he had tonight on the put back was awesome. Plus the steal he had against D. Wade. I hope they wrap it up at home on Sunday and send the Heat sulking for the summer.

My one prediction, I still think will happen, is if SA wraps it up Sunday Duncan will retire. I think it's fitting he go out that way. He's one of the class acts left in the NBA.

Spurs are the better and hungrier basketball team. Could of easily been a sweep if Duncan and Parker made free throws in game 2. D wade is done. The on,y chance Miami has if they sign Melo for game 5.

Best basketball I will ever see. Thank you San Antonio.
Anyone that thinks that there is no defense in the NBA has not watched this series.
How can college ball compete against this level of play at the same time that they eliminate their traditional rivalries?

Can we now all agree that Chris Bosh just isn't that good? Nor is Eric Spoelstra. He is Mike Brown with a big 3 instead of a big 1.

Speaking of shock, I am in shock that you actually thought the Heat had a chance at all to win the series. The Championship should have been the series between the Spurs and Thunder. The Spurs did not play good defense and the Refs called some questionable calls that went the Heats way several times in game 2; that is the only reason this series is not a sweep. As for your other prediction, after the Spurs beat Miami by 20 on Sunday, I see Duncan playing 1 maybe 2 more years. This is Kawhi's coming out party and the big 3 will turn into the big 4 next year with a repeat for the Spurs. I would love to see Grant drop into the Spurs lap. Imagine what Pop could do for him.

The most amazing thing is that sometimes you actually forget that SA even has a Big 3 - a lineup of Mills, Leonard, Green, Diaw and Splitter is pretty formidable as seen in these playoffs. The Heat are nothing without their Big 3, and become severely limited if even one goes out.

SA's roster is so impressive - I think the only two guys that can't/won't shoot a three-pointer are Splitter and Duncan. The teamwork is unreal.

Leonard will get the MVP. Diaw is the best passing big man. His no-look dump offs are a thing of beauty. Parker is always underrated. He is Rondo with a brain and a jump shot. Duncan is on his way down but he still does no wrong. Green and Mills light it up and trying to guard Ginobili is like trying to guard gumby. Splitter is solid and even the bottom of the bench, Belinelli and Joseph can fill it up.

Last edited:
Leonard will get the MVP. Diaw is the best passing big man. His no-look dump offs are a thing of beauty. Parker is always underrated. He is Rondo with a brain and a jump shot. Duncan is on his way down but he still does no wrong. Green and Mills light it up and trying to guard Ginobili is like trying to guard gumby. Splitter is solid and even the bottom of the bench, Belinelli and Joseph are solid.

That is why I stated earlier that I would love to see Grant drop to the Spurs. No matter who you put in this system they seem to do well if they are willing to put the work in. The Spurs are the ultimate "Team" basketball, it is all about the win and not about the personal numbers.

It would be good for Grant but it is not going to happen. Pops wants shooters with fundamentals. They are not impressed by athletes. The bottom of their bench is more likely to have a Bonner than a Grant.

I want to like San Antonio...They 're a machine. But each player seems wooden. And I don't like looKing at Tim Duncan's face. Pretty mature on my part I know.
Even their future star is the most boring person on the planet. Have you seen an interview with Kawhi Leonard? My goodness dude, lighten up. Their basketball is beautiful but i'm starting to think that the reason they are so fundamentally sound is because they are just a bunch of robots.

Even their future star is the most boring person on the planet. Have you seen an interview with Kawhi Leonard? My goodness dude, lighten up. Their basketball is beautiful but i'm starting to think that the reason they are so fundamentally sound is because they are just a bunch of robots.

That put back dunk was anything but robotic. That dude was WAY up there. And Lebron never even looked back to try and box him out.

Leonard should preen, scowl and yell "And One!" after each basket he makes. That would make him more likeable.
Nah, Kawhi should do 3 to the dome with those massive Mickey Mouse hands.

Great prediction tonight by Chris Bosh. Hey Chris it's time to go Fishing!

I don't recall seeing such a lopsided, dominating performance in the finals.

The Spurs destroyed Miami.

Should have been a sweep. Instead, it's a five game series where the Heat lucked into one 2 point win, amidst getting beaten by resounding double digits every game.

#Domination

image.jpg

What a valiant fight that James and his teammates put up - they all fought to the very bitter end.

Nice to see some real team basketball in the NBA.

Cowtown said:
Suck it Miami, "there's no I in team."

When LeBron wins it's because of his team and the big three, when he loses it's because he was the only guy who showed up and he's selfish? He's probably the least selfish megastar this league had ever seen.

Somebody said there is no I in team to Michael Jordan once, he responded that there was in the word win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom