sad day #RIP Dan Johnson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

sad day #RIP Dan Johnson

Always looked forward to opening his post first time I came to the forums everyday. From the sounds of it he had a big impact on many people thru his love of the Orangemen - from other fans to coaches. He seemed like a truly exceptional man. RIP brother!!!!

I was not going to post in these threads, because, I didn't feel I had the right to. Somebody passing has always been a very difficult thing for me to handle, and, in this situation I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to speak on somebody I'd never met face to face when that individual's friends and family were undoubtedly coming to terms with their new reality.

But, after spending quite a bit of time yesterday seeing the responses from OE's family, friends, board mates, Syracuse community and local media I was overwhelmed with the sincerity and emotion that made its way to basically every blog, website and fan board that has anything to do with Syracuse.

The fact that a man, who was so dedicated to something, had so much love for it, is being acknowledged in such a way leaves me feeling good about society today. Dan deserves every bit of recognition he's getting and more. Hearing the stories from people who have known him for years, and been around him makes me feel like I've known him as well.

Even though our contact may have been limited to Syracusefan.com and TOS, it's apparent through the outpouring here what a special individual he was. I'll be honest, I've never felt the way I felt yesterday about the passing of an individual I'd never met. My heart absolutely sunk. And that has to speak volumes for the kind of man he was. The fact that people he'd never met are feeling this way is, IMO, amazing.

We may have never met face to face, but, Dan was with me every morning during my first cup of coffee. He put together articles that became an absolute must for me every morning, part of my daily routine. And, he did it without fail, rain or shine.

OrangeOnions, and everyone who comes here that was a part of Dan's life, I'm so sorry for the loss you have to endure. But, I hope this board and the stories being posted about Dan are at least some consolation. I know that I'd be extremely proud of what's happening, because it's a testament to how many people in this community he touched.

Any type of tribute that can be arranged through Syracuse is fitting. If Dan doesn't deserve it I don't know who does.

Godspeed Dan, Rest In Peace now.

- Brett

Oh my goodness.

I just can't believe that this has happened.

I feel a tremendous loss.

Dan truly added something to my life and to those on this board - and of course to many others way beyond this board.

My heart goes out to his family and to all of those who were lucky enough to know such a special guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom