Sad realization about the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Sad realization about the Dome

Ragman2000

Pee-Trough Advocate
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. It has been too many years since I've seen a game in the Carrier Dome.

As a Liverpool native and Cuse grad, I've been going to basketball and football games since I was a little guy. Due to my 5 young children and as a resident of Indiana, I haven't made it back to the Dome in a long time. The majority of my live game experiences are when we play at Notre Dame, Louisville, Cincinnati back in the BE days, and the random tourney game.

When I get back to the Cuse I do so during summer when there are no games to take the kids to.

With the new roof, I legitimately just came to the realization tonight that my kids will never know the feeling of "blowing" out of the Dome. I remember holding my parents or my brothers and sisters hands and jumping at the precise moment where I could fly. Win or lose, it's a right of passage for any young Syracuse fan. As an SU student, a few beers in, it became an accelerator to jump onto the new fallen snow and sliding to personal victory regardless of a win or loss.

I just came to that silly realization tonight. I will never experience that feeling of being a kid again exiting the stadium. My kids will never know it. Just a sad byproduct of history now. Time for a stiff drink.

Same memories as a kid. Gerry’s senior day was my last time in the dome.

Also a Liverpool native. LHS?

It’s Benn years for me also. Maybe McNabbs last game. Moved to NJ (Philly) soon after. 7 years later I moved to CO. My kids experienced the first TO preseason game, but never the dome. I had FB season tickets in the 90s.

Yep, same feeling when they closed Manley...NOT!
Class of '75

been going to the dome annually from over 15 years now. I think those doors were a gem every fan enjoyed but wont notice until they’re gone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom