Safe to say that shredder needs the bye week. Gutted it out today but clearly | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Safe to say that shredder needs the bye week. Gutted it out today but clearly

Game thread fans should never be listened to
Agreed.
Too much “instant emotion”. It’s like me watching the game and yelling obscenities at the TV- it’s how I’m feeling at that moment, but nothing more.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but I don't think Morgan was available today, My seats are six rows back of the Syracuse bench in Section 101. I also felt that Shrader in the first half was struggling with having a very banged up body. When the teams came out after halftime, I noticed that the two quarterbacks warming up were Shrader and Lamson. My two buddies and I began scanning the entire Syracuse bench and the only #15 on the bench was Neil Nunn Jr. We could not locate Morgan anywhere. Markiewicz and MacPhail were there but no Morgan. In previous games, I have not seen Lamson throwing on the sideline. If anybody saw Morgan today and I missed it, please let me know. Great Win Today, Go Orange!!!!!!

Shrader is always 1 or 2 steps away from a good run, the same with Tucker. Now maybe throw the ball to our big TE a couple of times. Reward him for helping break Tucker for big runs.
Agreed. Not sure why you responded to me but LGO!

Not sure if anyone else noticed but I don't think Morgan was available today, My seats are six rows back of the Syracuse bench in Section 101. I also felt that Shrader in the first half was struggling with having a very banged up body. When the teams came out after halftime, I noticed that the two quarterbacks warming up were Shrader and Lamson. My two buddies and I began scanning the entire Syracuse bench and the only #15 on the bench was Neil Nunn Jr. We could not locate Morgan anywhere. Markiewicz and MacPhail were there but no Morgan. In previous games, I have not seen Lamson throwing on the sideline. If anybody saw Morgan today and I missed it, please let me know. Great Win Today, Go Orange!
I saw him on the bench. Wasn’t in on sideline huddles like in the past.

The whole team does really, but yeah definitely him in particular. Sean and our Dline too. This bye week should prove to be good medicine. LGO

I thought it was pretty funny that people on this forum* were calling for Morgan.. weird.
The “Backup QB” Brigade is so tired/cliche, and is rivaled by only the “Play Man” Posse and the “Throw to the Tight Ends” Troop.

The idea of Scrader being benched is ludicrous.

Poor Shrader could barely breath out there and when wasn’t in “game mode” he had a clear limp.

Sure he didn’t have the best game, but the guy was playing at maybe 50% healthy and yet still broke off a huge run.

At the end of the day, the kid still lead us to a victory. I would rather win and win ugly than lose and have my stats look good. Just my opinion.

I thought it was pretty funny that people on this forum* were calling for Morgan.. weird.
I mentioned Morgan as a possibility in the game thread not because I was clamoring for Morgan, but because Shrader was clearly having a really rough go of things and didn't look quite right. Plus I thought BC had scouted us pretty well and had a good game plan on D, so shaking things up might disrupt them.

It isn't always controversy.

I mentioned Morgan as a possibility in the game thread not because I was clamoring for Morgan, but because Shrader was clearly having a really rough go of things and didn't look quite right. Plus I thought BC had scouted us pretty well and had a good game plan on D, so shaking things up might disrupt them.

Notre Dame gave Coan a couple play breather at the goal line vs UNC last night

Lots of teams will play more than one QB for a few snaps for various reasons

with 3 games left the RS rules are pretty much over for the QBS we could see any of them now

Notice I didn’t call out anybody specific..
I thought he may have been hurt as well, but we aren’t inside the program, so we couldn’t know for sure. I just don’t think it’s a good idea to bring in the backup just because QB1 had a rough start. Especially when the score was 6-0 at the half. That really doesn’t instill confidence in your team. Clearly BC defense had a pretty solid game plan in the first half, but ‘Cuse adjusted well and got the W.

Shrader is always 1 or 2 steps away from a good run, the same with Tucker. Now maybe throw the ball to our big TE a couple of times. Reward him for helping break Tucker for big runs.
Still not sure why we don't have Benson run the typical 5 to 10 yard crossing pattern. Bootleg right to a crossing Benson covered by a linebacker will go for chunk yards all day.

Still not sure why we don't have Benson run the typical 5 to 10 yard crossing pattern. Bootleg right to a crossing Benson covered by a linebacker will go for chunk yards all day.
Should be a staple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom