Samantha Ponder to replace Chris Berman | Syracusefan.com

Samantha Ponder to replace Chris Berman

Toga

Living Legend
th

She's got nice BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK!!! ;)

Wendi Nix deserved the job Ponder got.

Nix has been paying her dues on NFL Live and knows the pro game. She has hosted a studio show as well.

Ponder was a sideline reporter and Gameday feature producer and now gets the NFL countdown job.

Bad decision by ESPN. They went for looks. This show won't matter anyway as if I watch more than 5 minutes of any pregame show on a Sunday its 5 minute too much.

Wendi Nix deserved the job Ponder got.

Nix has been paying her dues on NFL Live and knows the pro game. She has hosted a studio show as well.

Ponder was a sideline reporter and Gameday feature producer and now gets the NFL countdown job.

Bad decision by ESPN. They went for looks. This show won't matter anyway as if I watch more than 5 minutes of any pregame show on a Sunday its 5 minute too much.

Agree about the pregame shows totally. I can't remember the last time I watched one. The games take up enough time as it is. Plus if it's a game I truly care about, I probably know most of what those talking heads say anyway.

icons because of longevity, doesnt mean they had great talent. Berman got great run from his goofy names when ESPN was growing and looking for eyeballs, and I'm not sure what Musberger got it for. He was a talker more than anything.

Berman was a jerk in real life. He didn't treat the little people with any respect. He was a schtick and a good one for a long time. In the 2000s he got annoying and threw his weight around to keep power.

Musberger is an icon. The guy loved the games and had great pipes. His involvement typically upped the importance of whatever game he was calling.

He was the man and will miss him.

Berman was forced out because he wouldn't retire. Musberger was phased out 2 years ago and just wanted to leave for gambling service in Vegas.

Berman was a jerk in real life. He didn't treat the little people with any respect. He was a schtick and a good one for a long time. In the 2000s he got annoying and threw his weight around to keep power.

Musberger is an icon. The guy loved the games and had great pipes. His involvement typically upped the importance of whatever game he was calling.

Berman was forced out because he wouldn't retire. Musberger was phased out 2 years ago and just wanted to leave for gambling service in Vegas.
Verne Lunquist is another guy that recently called his last football game. Even though he was an SEC homer, I enjoyed his broadcasts.

Two absolute icons of their field. What a shame people feel the need to make posts like this. I guess that's what makes the world go round.
type in chris berman rant on youtube you will see some of why i cannot stand this narcisistic fool. he managed to get the other videos of him removed. he is a self absorbed bs artist

Well said, Berman was a buffoon. Confirmed by a few people i know.

Trey Wingo is taking over for Mike Greenburg on the MIKE AND MIKE radio show in a few months otherwise he probably would have gotten all 3 jobs.

Within 3 years Ponder will have all 3 of those jobs. Sunday, Monday Night Football, and the Draft.

Berman has been awful for years, so happy they pushed him out the door.

shows show little i listen to the ESPN radio, never heard of this change. But I also dont watch espn in the morning except to watch the scroll to see the score of a game.

I like Golic more than Greenburg anyway I guess. It was always about the guests for me anyway

I think Musberger was a total hack. Not to mention him calling the 1968 Olympians "black faced storm troopers" after they raised their fists at the podium. Berman, like many of the ESPN people, has that look at me thing, it's all about them not the sports that they cover. He sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom