Samantha Ponder to replace Chris Berman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Samantha Ponder to replace Chris Berman

Berman built espn ! It's a shame if he was rude to people but we are judging him by his career and NFL countdown is all Berman

Can't wait until I hear guys trying to mask their sexism by saying they don't want to listen to Ponder because "she's never played a down of football in her life".

Neither has Berman :rolleyes:

I miss Berman's nicknames from back in the day. Jim "Two Silhouettes on "Deshais, John "Tonight Let it Be "Lowenstein, and of course Scott "Supercalifragilisticexpiali" Brosius.

I miss Berman's nicknames from back in the day. Jim "Two Silhouettes on "Deshais, John "Tonight Let it Be "Lowenstein, and of course Scott "Supercalifragilisticexpiali" Brosius.

I loved it when, for a short while, he was forbidden from using nicknames for players, so he called EVERYBODY by their full, given names.
Guys like Mookie Wilson, Pudge Rodriguez, and Mookie Blaylock he'd refer to by their given names, which NOBODY knew - it was hysterical.

I came around on Musberger over the years, feeling generally positive to him by the end. But like him or not, I think the guy had definite chops.

Berman, on the other hand, I'm hard pressed to find out what talent he had other than being an outsized personality. And this comes from someone that was endlessly enamored with his nicknames as a youngster. Beyond the nicknames and catch phrases though...I don't think there was anything there.

I'm a bit biased by an FSU connection, but even before that I've always been impressed with Ponder. I think she has been really good at everything she's done, and was way better at sideline reporting than almost all the other pretty faces.

I came around on Musberger over the years, feeling generally positive to him by the end. But like him or not, I think the guy had definite chops.

Berman, on the other hand, I'm hard pressed to find out what talent he had other than being an outsized personality. And this comes from someone that was endlessly enamored with his nicknames as a youngster. Beyond the nicknames and catch phrases though...I don't think there was anything there.

I'm a bit biased by an FSU connection, but even before that I've always been impressed with Ponder. I think she has been really good at everything she's done, and was way better at sideline reporting than almost all the other pretty faces.

Berman was a big personality who delivered sports news in an entertaining way. I don't need guys like him to give me in depth analysis. To me it isn't even possible in the 60 second quips they give to each team. I stopped listening to half-time shows when it all boiled down to 'they aren't scoring much, they've got to do better'. I'd rather hear Berman saying 'back, back, back, back...' then I would listening to someone else say he catches it at the wall.

Berman was a big personality who delivered sports news in an entertaining way. I don't need guys like him to give me in depth analysis. To me it isn't even possible in the 60 second quips they give to each team. I stopped listening to half-time shows when it all boiled down to 'they aren't scoring much, they've got to do better'. I'd rather hear Berman saying 'back, back, back, back...' then I would listening to someone else say he catches it at the wall.

I do think his best gig was calling baseball highlights, for sure.

You decide
th

th
This surprises me. Sure, she's absolutely beautiful but is she the best person for this job? I've never considered her to have a strong enough personality or pizzazz to lead a show - especially one surrounded by loud-mouthed jocks - but who knows. Not that I watch much of this show anyway. What's it called again?

This surprises me. Sure, she's absolutely beautiful but is she the best person for this job? I've never considered her to have a strong enough personality or pizzazz to lead a show - especially one surrounded by loud-mouthed jocks - but who knows. Not that I watch much of this show anyway. What's it called again?
No idea. I haven't watched ESPN non-game programming for more than a couple minutes at a time since Y2K. OK, I have watched the NFL draft for 10 minute stretches - but that's it.

Basically why they did it. They went the route of a pretty face, over talent because so many don't watch anymore. She's talented, but not really a great fit here. I haven't watched ESPN in so long besides for a game, and as nice as she is to look at, this isn't going to change anything.

why do people say she isnt a great fit and then also say they dont watch anything but games? I think she is pretty good at this type of work and much more about the show and less about the glitz that others think the show should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom