Same flaws as last year... | Syracusefan.com

Same flaws as last year...

Cuse_1999

2nd String
Not a good shooting team and no "star". I just don't see KJ having a Wes J type year as JB predicted. Our outside shooting is terrible. Looks like only Cooney can stroke it and he won't see any minutes

And we will win 25 games and be a high seed in the tournament. We have to be careful about overreacting to an exhibition game.

Not a good shooting team and no "star". I just don't see KJ having a Wes J type year as JB predicted. Our outside shooting is terrible. Looks like only Cooney can stroke it and he won't see any minutes
100% agree. And where is the star on the horizon. We need a future star forward and he's not on this team or in the pipeline. I love CJ but he's a glue guy not a go-to guy.

Sure, this team will win its usual 20-plus games. But my early observation is that this is not a final 4 team. Same flaws: poor outside shooting, poor foul shooting, lack of rebounding.

100% agree. And where is the star on the horizon. We need a future star forward and he's not on this team or in the pipeline. I love CJ but he's a glue guy not a go-to guy.

I disagree. I think CJ will be a go-to guy. He hasnt had that oppurtunity yet. Come next year C.J will be a great player.

and still susceptible to an opposing player going off from 10ft behind the arc.

Disappointing start to the year - haven't seen much to differentiate this team from last years version. An improved Fab should offset losing Rick a bit obviously. They're just exhibition games, but was hoping for more "bright spots."

Disappointing start to the year - haven't seen much to differentiate this team from last years version. An improved Fab should offset losing Rick a bit obviously. They're just exhibition games, but was hoping for more "bright spots."
I think a big part of our problem is our offense. Boeheim gets criticized a lot for his use of zone d only but I think his offense should come under scrutiny. One basic offense and it involves a lot of standing around and one on one play and zero wrinkles or ingenuity.

I think a big part of our problem is our offense. Boeheim gets criticized a lot for his use of zone d only but I think his offense should come under scrutiny. One basic offense and it involves a lot of standing around and one on one play and zero wrinkles or ingenuity.

And we certainly don't have many talented one on one players right now.

Just wow. We win 25 games a year min.. We finsihed the season two years ago ranked #1. We have a real good team.

We recruit athletes who aren't natural shooters...we don't recruit kids who can shoot..aside from one designated shooter...

We recruit athletes who aren't natural shooters...we don't recruit kids who can shoot..aside from one designated shooter...

Not quite. I can see how you think it looks that way but its not.
Just for one example...We won the title in 2003 with Gerry macnamera (more ofa SG) starting at PG. Alot of players that shoot well in high school need time to do so in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom