Men's Soccer - Santiago Restrepo hired as new Goalkeeping Coach | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer Santiago Restrepo hired as new Goalkeeping Coach

CuseLegacy

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – Syracuse men's soccer head coach Ian McIntyre has hired Santiago Restrepo as the team's goalkeeper coach. Restrepo brings a wealth of experience, spending time at both the club and collegiate level, previously serving as the first team goalkeeping coach with the Greenville Triumph SC of the USL League One.

"Santiago is a fantastic addition to our coaching staff," McIntyre said. "He brings a great passion, and his diverse experiences as a player and coach will help us continue our growth as a team. Santiago's knowledge of the game as a goalkeeper will be a terrific complement to our coaching staff and I look forward to seeing him continue to develop as a coach."

Restrepo was named the Greenville Triumph SC first team goalkeeper coach after spending 2022-23 with the Greenville Liberty SC of the USL W League, where he held the title of assistant coach/goalkeeper coach. Restrepo began his coaching career as the varsity soccer coach at Boiling Springs High School before joining Scott Halkett's staff in 2020 at Division I USC Upstate, where he worked with the team's goalkeepers for three seasons.

"I'm thrilled to be joining the Syracuse family," Restrepo said. "It's a great opportunity at a top program and I'm looking forward to contributing to the team and working with an outstanding group of goalkeepers."

The Greenville, S.C., native played four seasons at USC Upstate from 2014-17, making 14 career starts and appearing in 1,128 minutes in net. Restrepo held a 1.91 goals against average and made 47 career saves during his collegiate career. Following his time with the Spartans, Restrepo played professionally for AFC Roatan (Honduras 2nd Division) and was a member of the 2020 USL League 1 Champions Greenville Triumph team.

Restrepo joins a Syracuse program that appeared in the NCAA Tournament for the second straight season and eighth time under McIntyre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom