Saturday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Future Orangeman

DFORD%20EB.jpg

Dontez Ford playing in all star game Sunday

Former Players

Keeping up with the Joneses: Why draft night was so stressful for Chandler Jones’ mother

I was on the Jaguars’ payroll when Tom Coughlin was their coach. Coughlin was a steadfast and admitted practitioner of needs drafting. He wanted Curtis Enis, but when Enis wasn’t available, Coughlin picked Fred Taylor. He wanted Shaun Williams, but when Williams went right ahead of the Jaguars, Coughlin picked Donovin Darius. Find one example from back then when I didn’t present myself as a dyed-in-the-wool BAP believer. I felt no need to lie and my employer never pressured me to do so. My draft beliefs clashed dramatically with Coughlin’s, but we were able to co-exist. Here’s my question: If you distrust me, why are you here?
Packers.com

Around The Nation

Bob Bowlsby faces a new challenge

NFL

Junior Seau's family donates brain for concussion research

Blog

5. The Chargers might finally have a strong safety again.
It has been a long time, but it looks like we might actually see a credible presence at strong safety this year. Brandon Taylor of LSU was arguably the third best strong safety in this year's draft and he will get every opportunity to unseat Atari Bigby as the team's starting strong safety. Everybody loved Steve Gregory (maybe), but he had serious deficiencies as a safety. Taylor has the size and (to a degree) the speed that Gregory lacked. He won't have the same veteran savvy, but unlike size and speed that can be learned. Taylor won't have to be Rodney Harrison for this defense to get better, he just has to be better than Steve Gregory. There is every reason to think he can do it.
Love the one your with

University News

sheraton-syracuse-university-hotel-conference-center_0.jpg

Shots fired outisde Sheraton

Around CNY

Downtown Living Tour includes three new projects

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics