Syracuse might play Missouri in Big East/SEC Invitational

Kris Joseph has selected an agent, will graduate next weekend

Ryan and Boeheim reunite in name of Coaches vs. Cancer

Coaches tackle cancer awareness, prevention

Recruiting

Dwayne Morgan

Former Players

205936-standard.jpg

JT: In the second round you lost to Syracuse after Derrick Coleman returned from a back injury to score 12 points. Could you tell at the time that Coleman was going to become a star, and what was the feeling like in your locker room afterwards?

PD: Syracuse was a different story because at the end of the day they just had overwhelming talent. We really believed as a team that we could go as far as the Final Four, and I still feel that if we would not have gotten a team as loaded with talent as Syracuse that we would have stood a better chance of advancing.

DC was an incredible player. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he would be great! That entire team was immensely talented but you could tell that DC was cut from different stock. You are ALWAYS disappointed when you lose, but I think that every one of our players could look each other in the eye and know that we had given our best and that our best was just not as good as theirs.

We understood that we had just gone to battle with a superior team. My dad once told me, "Son, it is okay to be proud, but in your pride do not be stupid!" You always want to think of you and your teammates as being the best, but I do not think you can at times ignore reality.

As far as the feeling in the locker room, there was still a feeling of great accomplishment for that team. On a fishing trip with Boyd a few summers ago in Utah, he brought to my attention that our 1988 team won more games than any other team in school history. Boyd does not forget anything, but when you reflect on those things you realize that you accomplished some good things.
To read the rest click here

Donte Greene-Beastie Boy connection

Around The Nation

135472982_extra_large.jpg

Five for the Weekend: Losing Indiana-Kentucky a blow to the sport

3-point shot: Indiana to sub KU for UK?

Arizona transfer Josiah Turner lands with Larry Brown at SMU

Listening to the new Big 12 commish

More Stinky Publicity

'Cuse player admits to on-court farting

Forum statistics

Threads