Saturday Rooting Guide 3/10 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Saturday Rooting Guide 3/10

Out of all the people espn fires, they keep this idiot

He's right. This year's team is not very good. Prior two years' teams had much more talent (as made evident by making the Final 4 in 2016). I would be utterly flabbergasted if this year's team makes the Final 4.

Marshall dancing for the first time in 31 years.

This is the year for football school. Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State, entire Big 12 conference (minus Iowa State) are all doing great.

Well, I think eye test-wise and being objective about it Joe is right. We’re hard to watch and poor in a lot of phases of the game. But, the computer numbers are really strong in lots of areas. Better than some other bubble teams.

I just can't see Louisville is ahead of us. They are 0-11 vs. top 55 RPI teams. The best win for Louisville is that they defeat Florida State twice (also lost once). Florida State is the 56th in RPI. Louisville lost all games against Virginia, Duke, UNC, Clemson and Miami. Also lost all meaningful out-of-conference games except a win over Indiana.

You would think the tie breaker with Louisville would be our win at their place.n Let's also not kid ourselves, politics come into play and normally I would say that is bad for SU but in Louisville's case, it could help us. The NCAA does not want to see a successful Louisville this year.

I just can't see Louisville is ahead of us. They are 0-11 vs. top 55 RPI teams. The best win for Louisville is that they defeat Florida State twice (also lost once). Florida State is the 56th in RPI.

Oh no question. I would be PISSED if UL gets in and SU is out. I think both plus ND should be out but that’s just my $.02.

He's right. This year's team is not very good. Prior two years' teams had much more talent (as made evident by making the Final 4 in 2016). I would be utterly flabbergasted if this year's team makes the Final 4.

Maybe, but that’s besides the point. He doesn’t get to just say “they’re good” or “they’re not good”. Crunch some numbers Joe, ya clown.

This is the year for football school. Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Mississippi State, entire Big 12 conference (minus Iowa State) are all doing great.

True. I think some (not you) on here diminish some of these teams because they aren’t powerhouse or household bball teams/names. Lots of solid teams like you said. Even USC is holding their own and they lost Bennie Boatwright for the season over two weeks ago. If Sexton continues his Kemba like play they can go far. Tennessee is good. Kansas St. is another solid team and Bruce Weber is a great coach. Who knows with Texas and Bamba.

All hands on deck folks! I am up early with Bubble Fever! We need these games to go our way, and we'll still have a shot of being called on Sunday. I'm not trying to give false hope, we are right on the bubble line, but I really believe we are still very much in the discussion. I also have an updated TCW Bracketology, if you want to stop by. Today's games:

Cornell over Harvard 12:30pm

Cincinnati over Memphis 1pm

Rhode Island over St Joes 1pm

Kentucky over Alabama 1pm (Just in case)

St. Bonaventure over Davidson 3:30pm

Texas Southern over Arkansas-Pine Bluff 5pm

Kansas over WVU 6pm

Villanova over Providence 6:30pm (probably hopeless)

Buffalo over Toledo 7pm

UNC over Virginia 8:30pm ?

Arizona over USC 10pm

Cannot have another bid stealer!

Let me know if you think there is something else that should be on the list.

Well, not too bad a day. As long as URI wins tomorrow, there shouldn't be any more surprises. Then, it's just waiting...

Well, not too bad a day. As long as URI wins tomorrow, there shouldn't be any more surprises. Then, it's just waiting...
The question is can we survive if uri loses.

Would have loved it more tonight if the Bonnie's could have won. We would know what we are dealing with better. Either way tune in tomorrow! Another great day of posts.

I have a funny feeling they don’t for some reason. I feel they gloss over the fact that a Buffalo or Texas Southern changes the quadrant for teams. I feel it’s all bs

Does Texas southern help us?
Just very marginally. It was an RPI booster for Cuse, and also Toledo to help them stay a Q2 win. It also added another team to the field that we have beaten.

You would think the tie breaker with Louisville would be our win at their place.n Let's also not kid ourselves, politics come into play and normally I would say that is bad for SU but in Louisville's case, it could help us. The NCAA does not want to see a successful Louisville this year.

It doesn't work this way. It's not Syracuse vs Louisville. Its a bunch of teams vs a bunch of teams and head to head means nothing.

"The drama of Sunday: One team is the biggest Rhode Island fan in the world tomorrow. A Davidson win knocks them out. (And no, I can't tell you who that is.) Find out at 6 p.m. ET with the selection show in TBS."

Tweet from David Worlock, NCAA Director of Media Coordination/Statistics. Media Coordinator for March Madness.

This statement is actually completely meaningless. No crap we realize that if Davidson wins, some at large bid is getting stolen and whoever the final team is, is out. He can't tell us who that team is because he doesn't know either, not because of some secrecy code.

I have a funny feeling they don’t for some reason. I feel they gloss over the fact that a Buffalo or Texas Southern changes the quadrant for teams. I feel it’s all bs
Buffalo is a legit win.tx southern is 4 games under 500 its not going to move the needle.

“Just taped our final NCAA tournament selection committee confidential with chair Bruce Rasmussen. The field is set, pending Davidson-URI result. Sunday games could affect seeding too. Video will be posted soon.” - Andy Katz

“Just taped our final NCAA tournament selection committee confidential with chair Bruce Rasmussen. The field is set, pending Davidson-URI result. Sunday games could affect seeding too. Video will be posted soon.” - Andy Katz

Was this put out before the USC game went final? if it was, that means USC is in.