Scared for... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Scared for...

Don't hate me for bringing this up, but even though we have all of this momentum I think our team is 20x better this year then it will be next year.

I'm scared for all of the losses...

We lose our 3 starting linebackers! (zaire, paris, thomas) and backup linebacker (valdez)--thats 4 linebackers

Our top 2 WR (erv and ish) -- I really am scared about the WR situation next year. We have no WR1

I think the loss of these 6 players is extremely extremely tough to replace. 3 linebackers and our 2 wr. sheesh.

Really hope Dino looks at the Juco route or 5th year grad transfer

Next man up.

This is similar to all the people freaking out after our big win that Dino is leaving now.

I really wish people would enjoy what we do have and not fear the unknown. Maybe Babers leaves maybe he doesn't. Who thought Ish would have better or similar #s to Amba?

If Slayton leaves he will be our biggest loss in my opinion. I have said before - good programs replace LB's and RB's easily and Dino's system should make replacing WR's pretty seamless. DLineman that command doubles and still make plays are not so easily replaced.

Don't hate me for bringing this up, but even though we have all of this momentum I think our team is 20x better this year then it will be next year.

I'm scared for all of the losses...

We lose our 3 starting linebackers! (zaire, paris, thomas) and backup linebacker (valdez)--thats 4 linebackers

Our top 2 WR (erv and ish) -- I really am scared about the WR situation next year. We have no WR1

I think the loss of these 6 players is extremely extremely tough to replace. 3 linebackers and our 2 wr. sheesh.

Really hope Dino looks at the Juco route or 5th year grad transfer

I also just realized you started the "my biggest fear" thread about Dino leaving for A&M. Good gawd enjoy the big win and the fact they have a huuuge game against Miami this weekend.

No worries. None. This staff will plug in the gaps with effective players irrespective of how we come across them. Grad Transfer, JUCO, developmental prospects already in the program, blue chips. They know how to recruit and they have a fantastic vision of how the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

scared.jpg

Here's something to think about. What if Dungey continues to kill it the rest of the season, is there a chance he's gone after this season then...

Let's not get crazy.

Here's what Baylor's QB's did in their best years and what Eric would do over 13 games assuming current levels of production.

upload_2017-10-17_15-20-17.png

Florence didn't pursue the NFL and Petty came back for his senior year. The NFL is not interested in Dungey this year based on this profile.

I couldn't disagree more. We should be much better next year.

Dungey in year 3 of this offense
Return 4 starters from a young OL, not to mention getting arguably the best and most experience OG back in Aaron Roberts
All RB's back and adding a bunch more speed
Pierce who is starting to come into his own is back
Sure you lose Ish and Erv, but what did Ish really do last year as the #3 option? This offense will churn out highly productive WR's. I love Butler. He's a young guy who will only get better. I still believe Custis could help supplement the loss as well. And as much as I love Erv, I think Nykeim Johnson could be better when it's all said and done. Erv is more of a freak athlete. N. Johnson is a natural WR. Plus we have a whole load of stud WR's taking a red shirt season. WR is the absolute last position I worry about replacing people.

Defensively if Slayton returns this defense will return 8 starters.
Entire defensive backfield will be back, and better. That includes a healthy Cordy (assumingly)
All of a sudden we have a log jam at DE with Robinson, Coleman, Berry, Jonathan.
Slayton and Samuels, who imo has been most improved player on the team return
LB we lose the heart of the defense, but I also feel this is where we have the most talented under classmen ready to step up. Fagan is going to be a stud. Armstrong will be fine and I can see one of the young guys winning the SAM.

Even the HOF is going to be back and better than ever.

The future is bright

That's right -- every college team faces attrition.

No doubt, Franklin / Bennett are terrific players. But we have nice LBs in the pipeline, and should be equipped to handle this.

Depth continues to improve at every position. We're not quite "there" yet, but we aren't far off.

Here's something to think about. What if Dungey continues to kill it the rest of the season, is there a chance he's gone after this season then...
No. No chance

That's right -- every college team faces attrition.

No doubt, Franklin / Bennett are terrific players. But we have nice LBs in the pipeline, and should be equipped to handle this.

Depth continues to improve at every position. We're not quite "there" yet, but we aren't far off.

Guthrie looks like he should have no issue sliding into one of the LB spots as well, he's been playing out of position all year but has been solid and looks athletic enough for sure. People were nervous about replacing AET as well, I think O will be better next year

One of the true frosh wrs will pull a Lawrence Moten and lock up 1 wideout spot...

Guthrie looks like he should have no issue sliding into one of the LB spots as well, he's been playing out of position all year but has been solid and looks athletic enough for sure. People were nervous about replacing AET as well, I think O will be better next year

As the offense goes from vol yards to explosive production the need for relying on lights out 3rd down defense and these excellent LB's will be reduced. The focus will be on the DL and the backend as teams are forced to keep up.

At least that's the theory.

Let's not get crazy.

Here's what Baylor's QB's did in their best years and what Eric would do over 13 games assuming current levels of production.

View attachment 112866

Florence didn't pursue the NFL and Petty came back for his senior year. The NFL is not interested in Dungey this year based on this profile.

GO, was McNabb considered a pro prospect after 1997? I don't recall him being but i feel like he bursted onto the scene draft wise once the season was over...

Can we just get through this season first? Is that too much to ask? Oh, and winter workouts?...First? Please? Before we start worrying about next year? And signing day? Maybe? Oh, and spring ball? First? Before we start worrying? Oh and don't forget summer when we pick up off the radar JUCOs and grad transfers...is that too much to ask? And summer conditioning? First? Please? Before we start worrying about next year can we please have fun with the rest of this season, enjoy a bowl game, winter workouts, signing day, spring ball, late grad transfer additions, and summer conditioning? Maybe? Hello?

GO, was McNabb considered a pro prospect after 1997? I don't recall him being but i feel like he bursted onto the scene draft wise once the season was over...
I think I remember him being a mid to late round prospect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom