Scenario: Hopkins leaves, Boeheim retires...who coaches at Syracuse? | Syracusefan.com

Scenario: Hopkins leaves, Boeheim retires...who coaches at Syracuse?

Jeremy L.

2018 Iggy Regular Season Record Winner
Gerry? Red? Do you get a young coach from a mid-major?

No offense to Gerry and Red, but dear lord no.

Matta, Smart, Mack, Miller, Beilein, Alford, Frank Martin, Ollie.

I think Matta is the biggest pipe dream, but no reason not to swing for the fences.

Jimmy Chitwood...he could teach the kids the picket fence.

My gut tells me that Tim O'Toole would slide into the spot.

No offense to Gerry and Red, but dear lord no.

Matta, Smart, Mack, Miller, Beilein, Alford, Frank Martin, Ollie.

I think Matta is the biggest pipe dream, but no reason not to swing for the fences.
What about Jay Wright? I like that guy.

And if we were going to try and groom a home grown product, from the last thread I've soured on the GMac concept. The only guy I think would make a good candidate would be Andy. Better get him in quick if they still want to go that route.

How did you not pick up on the sarcasm of Ollie?
There was supposed to be a wink icon but i didnt know how to do it on my stupid phone. I picked it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to my sources in the Big10... If SU was to offer cusetroop the job, he would leave Alaska... I cant name my source tho, so dont even ask.
nothing slips by this board...busted

Igor, the first online coach, another first at SU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Hopkins choose to leave doesn't that make it crystal clear the Boeheim has every intention to stay four or five more years?

If so, don't waste a lot of time trying to guess who his replacement might be. The whole coaching landscape will change in four or five years.

Brad Stevens. I know a lot of people don't like the way his teams play, but imagine what he could do with Syracuse recruits.

Well if Hopkins goes to LA let's get this guy to come here...

the-white-shadow-1.jpeg

Maybe he could bring Warren Coolidge to coach the bigs?

Also if hop leaves for bc experience at USC and JAB retires in a few years, wouldn't Hopkins still be at the top of our list, what stops him from coming back after boheim retires

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

According to my sources in the Big10... If SU was to offer cusetroop the job, he would leave Alaska... I cant name my source tho, so dont even ask.
thedude WVU?